Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 AM   #16
miata

http://www.smw.ch/archive200x/2004/25/smw-10322.html

They give you a hospital visit if you think you have demons in your colon.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #17
Magic Sky Fairy

Simple: Schizophrenia isn't voluntary.

Who, other than me, thinks schizophrenia should get some government sponsored holidays?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:46 AM   #18
miata

Quote:
Magic Sky Fairy wrote
Simple: Schizophrenia isn't voluntary.

Who, other than me, thinks schizophrenia should get some government sponsored holidays?
Welcome..
Old 10-18-2005, 07:08 AM   #19
Snappy McPoisonTounge

Wanna know the difference it's MONEY :: See a vision up to date on your church dues**Eureka** Your some sort of Xian Visionary.. Not up to date on the dues your schizophrenic. Plain and Simple.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #20
theguy

Religious nuts pray for schizophreniacs, but not for themselves.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #21
Choobus
I Live Here

one difference is, I wouldn't stab a Schizophrenic in the face just for talking to me.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #22
miata

Quote:
Choobus wrote
one difference is, I wouldn't stab a Schizophrenic in the face just for talking to me.
You just made the baby Jesus cry.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
kmisho wrote
One can be cured of christianity just by reading and thinking. This is not true of genuine mental illness.
That's not true. Jim jones, Koresh, Doe of Heaven's gate were very intelligent, read books and they still went to 'see" jesus along their also well read followers. One must take into account that the cause of the vast majority of mental disorders ( schizophrenia, temporal lobe epilepsy et al) is unknown!

Many educated Christians that have not a full blown form of the illness have delusions which they OBEY and guide their lives by, just like the schizophrnia and TLE sufferer.

Carico is a perfect example. Take h/her along with an schizophrenia suffering from a mild form of the disease.

Explain to Carico along with other mentally healthy scientists in a class given 8 hours a day for 2 months, why Jesus , demons, angels do not exist and show h/her the evidence, backed up by empiricism.

Then, take the schizophrenic that believes aliens have placed devices in his brain to monitor his thoughts along other irrational concepts and also give him the same schedule of classes as Carico. The classes will be different because in this case the delusions are not caused by religious-psychosis as in Carico.

At the end of the classes, both Carico and the schizophrenia sufferer STILL will uphold their respective delusions. Carico will still believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior and the schizophrenia sufferers will still believe in those neurological implants placed in his brain by aliens.

What can be learned from this experiment is that the delusion produced by a Christ-psychosis infected brain creates identical irrational thinking as the one produced by the schizophrenia infected brain!.

Both subjects have to be very well educated for the experiment to be succesfull.

Hmmmm....It would be interesting to place, Benedictus XVI, Behe of ID, Pat Robertson,
an Iman and a Dine ( Navajo)medicine man in a room, a mild schizophrenia sufferer discusing their religious beliefs and see who could convince who his is the true belief!.
...:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #24
There Is

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
It would be interesting to place, Benedictus XVI, Behe of ID, Pat Robertson,
an Iman and a Dine ( Navajo)medicine man in a room, a mild schizophrenia sufferer discusing their religious beliefs and see who could convince who his is the true belief!.
I'd watch. It'd be the Pay-Per-View event of the millenium! :P
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #25
Baphomet

Hey cal, this seems off topic, but do you know where the thread was where you talked about jesus being Caesar or something?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #26
evident_enigma

What's the difference between Schizophrenia and Christian DELUSIONS?

Organization.
ee
Old 11-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #27
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
There Is wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
It would be interesting to place, Benedictus XVI, Behe of ID, Pat Robertson,
I'd watch. It'd be the Pay-Per-View event of the millenium! :P
I suppose the event would be something like this one:

http://www.graphicghana.info/article.asp?artid=8480

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #28
defanatic

Haha. Why can't one be both? Many Christian doomsayers and prophets were insane or schitz. Of course, so may be drug induced (witch hunts, drugged 'blood' given to the twelve and so-on).

It takes ages for Kent Hovind stupidity Syndrom to wear off, I tells ya.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:59 AM   #29
bUCKET__

Quote:
Baphomet wrote
Hey cal, this seems off topic, but do you know where the thread was where you talked about jesus being Caesar or something?
Dude, it's like evey thread on this forum. I've almost been convinced by sheer repitition :p
Actually I read a bit. It's good Cal, but it's beyond my young brain to evaluate the arguments.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #30
HeWhoAsks

Oh Jeebus, it looks like it's up to me.

Cal, schizophrenia is a medical/psychiatric condition, and belief in Christianity isn't because

1. there are anti-psychotic drugs that limit or even eradicate symptoms of schizophrenia. If only there was an anti-Christic! Sadly, there is not. And,

2. no one can choose to have schizophrenia or not. People choose to be Christians (or change back) all the time.

I think those two differences are very significant.