Old 01-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #16
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?

Not in the way I suspect you want it to. What do you think 'instinct' is?

Also - How much do you know about evolution, natural selection etc?

I posted some links earlier, if you need an understanding. If they don't help, I'll try to find something a bit more simple and straightforward.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:04 AM   #17
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
2013 Full Automatic egg incubator 48 eggs used poultry incubator for sale egg hatching machine poultry supplies

You may not have noticed, but as soon as man invented (actually, the idea was probably implanted by god) the egg hatching machine, god stopped directing hens to sit on their eggs.
The downside is that a widespread electricity supply failure will wipe out the chicken species. But, in that event, no doubt the all-knowing god will reactivate the hen sit on eggs command.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #18
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I'm more interested in why chicken eggs and poo come out of the same hole.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 AM   #19
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?

ghoulslime, I am seeking a correct knowledge for sure. I hope you do so.
Indeed, I am seeking the truth. I was raised as a Christian. Truth has lead me to a reality-based worldview.

Ahoba, please study a little bit of science before attempting to engage in a debate that you will only end in your humiliation and our entertainment. Instincts are a result of natural selection. Please return to teach us, once you have a basic understanding of scientific theory.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #20
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I'm more interested in why chicken eggs and poo come out of the same hole.
The same reason a priest's cock and an altar boy's poo do!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #21
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis and I aren't responding to you anymore if you keep responding to my poo-poo questions with poo-poo answers.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:20 AM   #22
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Silly fuckers will sit on pebbles if put in the nest.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #23
Davin
Obsessed Member

Oh... hrm... I wonder where this is heading... because this is like the first time I've seen this kind of thing. /sarcasm

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #24
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #25
ahoba

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Not in the way I suspect you want it to. What do you think 'instinct' is?

Also - How much do you know about evolution, natural selection etc?

I posted some links earlier, if you need an understanding. If they don't help, I'll try to find something a bit more simple and straightforward.
Michael,
My question is not related to the evolution or natural selection as you think but may be one of the reasons cause them.

You answered ‘I doubt that the hens "know" that an eggs needs incubation. It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc. This had the bonus effect of incubating the eggs’

The instinct in your answer is very clear. If you have more clarification to avoid any misunderstood please let me know.
ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #26
Michael
Obsessed Member

Okay. You're starting to throw out some serious red flags here.

I suspect that you intend to argue that "instinct" is some sort of natural programming that must be instructed by a god. That "instinct" made the hen sit on the egg, and instinct must come from some other source.
That is why I asked.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt one more time, but if you continue down that path then fair warning, I will be 100% done with you.

Before you asked "I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?"

No. The "instinct" comes from generations beforehand passing on a trait of egg-sitting. Those that sat on their eggs bred more successfully, passing on that trait more and more, until eventually it became a natural action of hens, or "instinct" to do. However, that instinct as we have portrayed it would not have been present in the original hens in the same way it is in the hens of successive generations.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #27
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Epigenetics is beginning to ask questions about instinct and genetic memory. It is a very exciting field and has opened up many lines of inquiry and potential answers. I suspect we will know exactly how instinct works in coming years.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:05 PM   #28
ahoba

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Okay. You're starting to throw out some serious red flags here.

I suspect that you intend to argue that "instinct" is some sort of natural programming that must be instructed by a god. That "instinct" made the hen sit on the egg, and instinct must come from some other source.
That is why I asked.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt one more time, but if you continue down that path then fair warning, I will be 100% done with you.

Before you asked "I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?"

No. The "instinct" comes from generations beforehand passing on a trait of egg-sitting. Those that sat on their eggs bred more successfully, passing on that trait more and more, until eventually it became a natural action of hens, or "instinct" to do. However, that instinct as we have portrayed it would not have been present in the original hens in the same way it is in the hens of successive generations.

Michael,
If you say that some origin hens sat on her eggs, you have still not answered my question! Why did some origin hens sit on their eggs? or in general, why did origin hens protect their eggs? what was the feeling link between hens and their eggs?

Is it clear? See my question is not regarding evolution and ....
ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Michael,
If you say that some origin hens sat on her eggs, you have still not answered my question! Why did some origin hens sit on their eggs? or in general, why did origin hens protect their eggs? what was the feeling link between hens and their eggs?

Is it clear? See my question is not regarding evolution and ....
Sweet diaper gravy of the Christ child! Are you intentionally obtuse or are you involuntarily ignorant?

Long before chickens were chickens, many of the selective traits required for chicken egg hatching evolved. Animals with no inclination to reproduce, did not reproduce, and did not pass this trait on to their offspring. Later, animals which did not protect their offspring from predators did not pass this trait on to their offspring. Do you follow where this is going yet?

Sooooooo….after a while, most of the animals passing on their genes were those that had an inclination to reproduce and an inclination to protect their offspring.

Please let us know if this makes sense to you, or whether we should just start laughing at you now.

(By the way, it is really cute how he thinks Michael is a soft target for his buffoonery.)

Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #30
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Epigenetics is beginning to ask questions about instinct and genetic memory. It is a very exciting field and has opened up many lines of inquiry and potential answers. I suspect we will know exactly how instinct works in coming years.
I am not sure what you are saying, but I keep reading it over and over again, and I am really not sure why.