Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #76
thesummerqueen

Abandon?

To abandon something, I'd have to have encountered it in the first place. And don't give me that shit about the natural world being proof enough. I have a lot of shrubs in my garden...ain't no voice coming out of one of them.

And what sins? Everyone says God's here to take away my sins. What sins have I committed?

Besides the one of being too sexy, but dammit...God made me this way.

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~ Albert Camus
thesummerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #77
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
thesummerqueen wrote View Post
...God made me this way.
Don't encourage him; this guy has no sense of the ironic.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #78
thesummerqueen

When I wrote it, I wrote it for y'all. I'm aware the more serious God-lovers have no sense of humor. Which might be why it's so easy to lead them to "sin".

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~ Albert Camus
Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #79
Irreligious
I Live Here

Oh. Of course. Nevermind.

As long as you understand that this guy is a complete dolt. He doesn't care what any of us has to say to him, unless we're either insulting him or seeming to concede to his nutty propositions.

I've previously challenged him to define his god for me. Of course, he never takes the bait. He continues to pretend that he's not talking about an actual, invisible human being with unlimited powers of manipulation.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #80
thesummerqueen

It's not my first ride on the merry-go-round with the vague, insane, or the retarded.

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #81
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
It's not my first ride on the merry-go-round with the vague, insane, or the retarded.
You lost me after "some of my toy boys..."
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #82
thesummerqueen

Other people keeping up with me isn't my issue.

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #83
Ex Atheist

[quote=thesummerqueen;65285............

And what sins? Everyone says God's here to take away my sins. What sins have I committed?

Besides the one of being too sexy, but dammit...God made me this way.[/quote]

Well, I guess I can give you a short list of sins which are common to nearly everyone , since you asked. No amount of law keeping, sacrificing, or trying to pull up on our own bootstraps ... can ever be enough to reconcile us as Sinners to a very Holy Creator God . And, thats exactly why it took a perfect sinless Messiah to die for us and thus link us to God ....IF we want it. So heres a quick list to go to God with and have covered under the blood of Christ :

Have you ever : Lied, swore, used Gods name in vain, looked down upon a minority, cheated, stole something, did something deceptive , used another human being for your betterment, commited lust in your heart, slept with anyone outside of wedlock, used profanity, were disrepectful toward your Parents, used vile language and not caring, and/or pretended God wasnt real so you could live as you like ? This is just a very short list of mankinds many sins. You like the rest of us, need a Divine Saviour who loves us enough to take the punishment we deserve for our choices.

If you ever want real freedom and be right with God sometime in your life, his name is Jesus and he died for the Jew as well as the Gentile so we could be reconciled to God and have a safe and great eternity with him . Its a totally free gift IF you ever want it. Choose wisely because time is running out . Regards.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #84
thesummerqueen

First, what you're doing is preaching and if you were on MY forum I'd have already banned your ass.

Second...blasphemy is a victimless crime. I don't give a shit what people do with their genitals as long as I don't have to deal with the drama (and I don't know why a god, assuming there was one, gave a shit either since he/she/it would have put the damn things on us). Vile language is only vile because we put that connotation on it - it you refused to be bothered by it, you won't be.

And no, if I believed in God, I wouldn't believe in a savior, because yours had a chance to do something once (assuming, again, that it was real) and didn't really do fuck all to make the world a better place.

PS - when people say "free gift for a limited time" it's usually something cheap and shoddy. I know, because I worked in retail. Try again. Or not, because I'm not going to convert. Maybe I should say "nice try".

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 AM   #85
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Using gods name in vain is a sin? Jesus fucking Christ who'd a thought it?
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #86
thesummerqueen

Seriously.

I posted an article not too long ago about some fuckers in India who were scamming the poor people by telling them not to accept discounted or free medicines from the western world for their kids' asthma, etc, but to swallow these live fishies instead. I got rather pissed - I hate it when people fuck with kids - and the next day some people took me aside to discuss with me....my blasphemy. Kids are being cheated out of proper medicine...and you're concerned with God's feelings.

Fuck I love religious priority.

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #87
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

But Jesus will look after them in heaven........... or Vishnu.....or Gandalf
Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #88
Ex Atheist

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Using gods name in vain is a sin? Jesus fucking Christ who'd a thought it?
Youre only hurting yourself every time you say that . Storing up condemnation for a later date. One day , you will understand who youve willfully defamed all your life. It wont be a pretty picture then.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #89
Ex Atheist

Quote:
First, what you're doing is preaching and if you were on MY forum I'd have already banned your ass.

Second...blasphemy is a victimless crime. I don't give a shit what people do with their genitals as long as I don't have to deal with the drama (and I don't know why a god, assuming there was one, gave a shit either since he/she/it would have put the damn things on us). Vile language is only vile because we put that connotation on it - it you refused to be bothered by it, you won't be.

And no, if I believed in God, I wouldn't believe in a savior, because yours had a chance to do something once (assuming, again, that it was real) and didn't really do fuck all to make the world a better place.

PS - when people say "free gift for a limited time" it's usually something cheap and shoddy. I know, because I worked in retail. Try again. Or not, because I'm not going to convert. Maybe I should say "nice try".
Well...you DID ask about sin, so, i just gave you a short smattering of what it looks like. What you said above would be fine IF the standards were your own...but im afraid the standard is not ANYBODYS . We'd all like to thing we are pretty 'good' people especially juxtaposed to Hitler or Stalin. But all sin has to be dealt with . God will allow us to be accountable for all of it if its our desire, but, its a debt that we can never pay . No amount of law keeping, no amount of saying Hail Mary, no amount of church attendence , or giving to United Way would ever satisfy the debt . Fortunately, God did provide a way and im afraid its the only way of being reconciled to him . Instead of looking at this as 'preaching' ...try to see it as concerned friendly truth advice as id hate to see you or any of the other people in here conclude that you were decieved masterfully by Satan in the end. God is holding out his hand to you...reach back and take it . This coming new year could be a real milestone for you . Happy new year regardless of what you decide about your eternity.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #90
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Youre only hurting yourself every time you say that . Storing up condemnation for a later date. One day , you will understand who youve willfully defamed all your life. It wont be a pretty picture then.
This is nothing more than your fondest wish, Fakey, which is to see us collectively harmed in some way for not venerating you and what you believe.

It's incredibly hostile, despite your hollow attempts to wrap up your idle threats in a thin veneer of concern, but you don't actually give a shit about any of us anyway.

Your only desire for us is to be your puppets, and if we can't manage that, then you would be satisfied to imagine us getting our comeuppance in some fantastically heinous way, like seeing each of us tortured in perpetuity for not stoking your vanity. That's your wish for us: Be your silent puppets or burn painfully forever.

They are the two choices that you are offer us, and you're not taking any responsibility for your wishes, I might add.

Instead, you lay it on your proxy, the imaginary god you are powerless to reveal to anybody. Of course, your proxy is not real, and you do not possess the power to inflict your threats upon us yourself. However, for as long as you are allowed to post here, you do have the power to pertpetually inflict your thoroughly unpleasant company upon us. So, there's that, I suppose.

But, in the end, it's all you've got, and that's sad.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox