Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #91
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Also I believe as most do that this guy is using the old."I used to be an atheist" bollocks to try and empathise enough to make us feel , "hey thidude is alright, he is one of us lets absorb his shit because he was an atheist but has now seen reason"... or some such shit. Seen it all before. Funny how the religious need to sink to such conceited levels. But God's ok with that.
Possibly. But I suspect a lot theists honestly have no real conception of what it means to be atheist.

It appears many of them think that it means acting in a rebellious manner towards God, being self-centered and/or conveniently unconcerned about an alleged God's existence. That is, until personal tragedy strikes or some smooth-talking preacher man comes along. At base, they were always superstitious and fairly uncritical as it pertains to the question of an alleged deity. And they honestly cannot conceive of another kind of person.

That's my observation.

Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to go from being a critical and skeptical thinker to being abjectly superstitious.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #92
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Does your human body look like it is a compilation of accidents upon accidents with some 60 systems working in delicate balance and in total unison ?
If that were true I'd easily be able to suck my own cock. The human body has not kept up well, it's long term usefulness is a disappointment to the brain.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #93
psychodiva
I Live Here

and the breathing and digestive systems through the same hole?? who the fuck designed that crap?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #94
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
and the breathing and digestive systems through the same hole?? who the fuck designed that crap?
Take a Rennie diva. I've been blessed with a hiatus hernia.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #95
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
If that were true I'd easily be able to suck my own cock.
Keep trying my good man - better fellate than never.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #96
psychodiva
I Live Here

Old 10-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #97
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Take a Rennie diva. I've been blessed with a hiatus hernia.
I would but I'm allergic to the fuckers after years of having a stomach ulcer caused by working with little bastards (er - patients) in the criminal justice system I gave up and started drinking yoghurt

still doesn't do anything for the choke reflex- as i found out when I aspirated some water two nights ago and still have an almighty sore throat!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #98
EngelFaeuste

@ Ex-Atheist

Ok, enough of this shit, I'll sum it up.

You're coming in here and throwing all sorts of shit at us, demanding evidence for our unbelief. Who the fuck do you think you are? The Queen of England? You are the one suggesting that god exists, therefore, you have to prove it! For a prosecutor to bring a case, he first has to prove that he has a case! You are clearly not doing that here, all you are doing is making unsubstantiated assertions and telling us to go and look for the substantiations ourselves.

You know what this shows? It shows that you are an intellectually lazy streak of piss.

Always Thinking How Everybody Is Stupidly Tractable
EngelFaeuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #99
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Point

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
The close proximity of a female's anus to her vagina suggest to me an intelligent designer who intended us to employ shockers in our daily lives.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #100
Tenspace
I Live Here

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #101
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
Shocker Jesus! The lord is love!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:36 AM   #102
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kamikazee wrote : 'I'm an atheist because I believe god doesn't exist, at least as traditionally defined'

REPLY: And by making this absolute statement , you have confirmed it by examining all sections of the Universe behind every planet, star, sun, nebula, etc...and know with certainty that what you believe is absolutely true ? This is the absurdity behind atheism and why there really isnt such a thing as a real bonified 'athest' . What you should be saying is :

1. I dont see any leftover evidence from a personal theistic Creator having designed/engineered/created

--and/or---

2. I dont wish to acknowledge a personal theistic Creator even if there were evidence of such.
If God (MNQB) is Omnipresent then looking in a single place and not finding Him is sufficient proof that He is nowhere in the universe.

We can see to the information limit of the universe and confirm that the natural laws which are sufficient explanation for our local reality are in full effect way out there as well. That is, there is no evidence of a god of any sort, the height width and depth of the universe. The same observations show no evidence for a god in the past either.

As hard as we look and as much as we may dearly wish to find evidence for a god, any god, atheists and believers have all failed.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 AM   #103
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
And 'traditionally defined' IS : A personal Theistic Creator who is over his Creation .
Quote:
A force or a part within Creation cannot be the Creator of the Universe because our personal Universe came into finite existence from nothing and requires a cause outside of the Universe.
It has been shown in these threads that no cause outside of the universe is necessary for its beginning.

No theist has been able to show that such a cause,if it did bring the universe into existence, either continued to exist itself or that it was related in any way to the later anthropomorphic god who listens to prayers and intervenes in the working of the world and cares how you play with yourself.
Quote:
Personal NON material things as well as personality can only come from another of simular traits...
A retarded child can only come from retarded parents? A designer cannot design anything more complex than itself?
Are you unaware of self-organizing systems?
Quote:
and not the absurd atheistic belief from dirt, rocks, and other materials.
What exactly do you think you are made of, pound for pound, than rocks, dirt, chemicals and water?
Quote:
How come you dont want a personal theistic Creator to exist ...
That is a malformed question that presumes that we don't want a personal creator to exist. Many atheists would be delighted if a god existed, but they cannot, in all intellectual honesty, believe it, for lack of evidence.
Quote:
what are the implications to God existing for your own personal life ? Please list. Thanks.
Why would one assume that God (MNQB) existed and just happened to be the one in the Bible (there are over 10,000 gods to choose from).

The blood-thirsty God (MNQB) of Abraham has made not a single mark on the Earth and He is reported to have promised, by being perfectly hidden, that He will not make any mark.

Therefore, everything operates exactly as if there were no god, who am I to believe in Him against His mighty will?

I am in no way obligated to acknowledge an absentee god who insists on not being in evidence.

There are no implications on me of the hypothetical existence of God (MNQB).

Old 10-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #104
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Lettuce worship His pink and fuzzy love, if we carrot all for our souls!
I don't cotton to tales I've 'eared of this hopped-up Jehovah (MNQB) critter.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #105
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Bean-bag, bunny, beaver, which?