Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #76
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
She's "obedient".

It that one of the currently popular Tofu sculptures?

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #77
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Pastor Ezequiel Davis wrote View Post
The Authorized 1611 KJV Bible is the One True Book of God, while the Qu'ran is merely a bastardization and reinterpretation of the Bible. The Qu'ran is in the same league as the Book of Mormon and Mad Prophet Helmholtz's Next Testament which are add-ons to the Bible.

The Qu'ran makes a number of false claims, like Jesus was just a prophet and not a Son of God. Fortunately, all Muslims will burn in Hell for believing in such tripe.
Happily, they will not burn in Hell for that, in fact, just the opposite as it says in the 100% true Koran. Written after the Bible, by the Prophet of God himself (MNQB) (via scribes because he was illiterate), the Koran was able to correct many, but by no means all of the grievous mistakes the Bible not only enshrines, but is proud of. Naturally the 100% correct Koran added a few blunders of its own. Miraculously, it remains 100% true despite its farcical errors.

Of course they are both contradicted by the 100% true Egyptian Book of the Dead which greatly predates them and therefore has the superior authority of seniority.

Here's a simple rule that has been very effective: Strenuously avoid any religion whose sacred defining text commands immoral behavior and happily bashing babies to death on rocks.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #78
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Did Ezekiel have Temporal Lobe Dyslexia?"

Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #79
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
He goes by the username True Disciple on the Landover Baptist Church forum.
How were you able to discern that Eze and True Disciple are the same poster? I see that the avatar True Disciple uses is the same one that Eze uses on his profile page. But then, someone using the screen name Levi Jones at the Landover site shares the same avatar that Eze uses here at Raving Atheists.

It's too confusing, though I was thoroughly amused to see that Eze ticked off the earnest Baptists at BaptistBoard.com and got himself banned for trying to be more militantly Baptist they were willing to be.

Also, the illustration on his profile page depicting European Jesus cradling a T-Rex is kind of suspicious. Anyway, if it's all goof, then all I can say is that it takes a lot of energy to pull off a scam like that while being fully aware of what you're doing. I hope Eze thinks it's worth it.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #80
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post

Our new Poe has been banned from several atheist and religious forums in the past few weeks.
Baby wart-hogs are fun and cute for the moment. Let's keep him a while even though we know he will grow into an adult wart-hog and have to be put down.

It is a challenge to prod a poe until he slips out of character.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #81
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I'll grant you that Eze's posting on that Disney movie forum was a leetle precious and over-the-top but, then again, so is the schtick performed by the members of Westboro Baptist Church, yet they are all dead earnest.

Whoever and whatever he is, Eze definitely projects an air of being completely lacking in self-awareness and, so far, he's managed to stay true to character without giving so much as a wink with his wank. He sounds like the real deal to me.
He gives away his game by using ploys that even newby Christers have long since given up. That old tired "Bibie is 100% true, God wrote it, God is perfect" crap went out with high-button shoes.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #82
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #83
Pastor Ezequiel Davis
New Member!

Ok I'm bored, How do I go about changing my screen name?
Pastor Ezequiel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #84
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ok I'm bored, How do I go about changing my screen name?
Aww. Don't be a killjoy. You were doing great. I believed in you.

You should visit ricardo in his thread for some pointers. Ricardo is a true master at portraying a character who projects a complete lack of awareness because he's absolutely committed to the character and the performance. He's like the Meryl Streep of Christards.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #85
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Anyway, if it's all goof, then all I can say is that it takes a lot of energy to pull off a scam like that while being fully aware of what you're doing. I hope Eze thinks it's worth it.
I became suspicious of this guy's sincerity when he used this expression early on: Checkmate Atheist! The religious satirist Edward Current is well known for that short phrase, and I'm sure this is where Zeke, or Eze, picked it up. Here's a ten minute video of the way the Pastor's arguments, "Checkmate, Atheists!" in other words, should be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OC439x88

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #86
Pastor Ezequiel Davis
New Member!

Quote:
Aww. Don't be a killjoy. You were doing great. I believed in you.

You should visit ricardo in his thread for some pointers. Ricardo is a true master at portraying a character who projects a complete lack of awareness because he's absolutely committed to the character and the performance. He's like the Meryl Streep of Christards.
I was banned from Atheist.org after someone called "Poe", I admitted it and re-registered with my regular screen name. The Mod's didn't believe me and thought I was actually a Fundie Whackjob posing as an Atheist. Uptight, fuddy duddy crowd over there. They take themselves waaaay to seriously.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #87
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Welcome anyways.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #88
Pastor Ezequiel Davis
New Member!

Thank's for the welcome!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #89
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I was banned from Atheist.net after someone called "Poe", I admitted it and re-registered with my regular screen name. The Mod's didn't believe me and thought I was actually a Fundie Whackjob posing as an Atheist. Uptight, fuddy duddy crowd over there. They take themselves waaaay to seriously.
Well, some of us here do, too. I have, perhaps, the worst sense of humor in this joint. You could have had a lot of fun with me, but you didn't give it a chance. You really have got to work on sustaining a character.*

Anyway, welcome, you cheeky devil.

*Edited: That is until the most impassioned of us yells "uncle." Yeah, you do gotta know when to quit, though not on Day One.

Generally, we don't ban folks here, no matter how obnoxious. We had a poster here who, for a long time, pretended to be the most flatulent of cows. She gave us no mercy for four years and, ultimately, we had to contain her so that the sheer intensity of her performance did not overwhelm the forum.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #90
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Oh I don't know, 'sense of human' is pretty funny.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote