Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Reverend Blasphemy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20149020/site/newsweek/

Quote:
Article wrote
The researchers studied the peer groups of approximately 1,800 male twins, having each subject describe the level of social deviance among their friends, such as how many of their friends got drunk, used or sold drugs, or damaged property. The research showed that an individual's selection of friends--whether they chose to socialize with fewer or more socially deviant peers--was shaped by genetic factors.
I really found the following excerpt interesting as well.
Quote:
Article wrote
We studied males initially because male peer groups are typically more deviant...On average the peer group deviance is quite a bit lower for girls, although they do get nasty in some different ways.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

This makes sense, as I'm bearded, and most of my friends (at least the ones that count) are bearded. Our beardidosity brings us all together.

Don't mind me, I just came back from seeing Clutch, and I'm pretty drunk. Also, Homestar rules, Rev. Blasphemy!

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
GaryM

It was interesting to hear getting drunk described as a "socially deviant" behavior. 35% of British men exceed the recommended drinking levels, so not a majority but I doubt you could describe something that 1 in 3 men do as deviating from a social norm, it is a social norm. On the other hand, only 6% of people go to church so maybe going to church is "socially deviant" here...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #4
myst7426

The girls I knew in high school were deviant. They usually walked around topless at parties.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
The girls I knew in high school were deviant. They usually walked around topless at parties.
they probably did anything you imagined them to do.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
Rocketman the Sequel

After he inflated them.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
bryantee

Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
After he inflated them.
Zing!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Reverend Blasphemy

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Also, Homestar rules, Rev. Blasphemy!
Trogdor!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #9
darwinfish

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
This makes sense, as I'm bearded, and most of my friends (at least the ones that count) are bearded. Our beardidosity brings us all together.

Don't mind me, I just came back from seeing Clutch, and I'm pretty drunk. Also, Homestar rules, Rev. Blasphemy!
woohoo, I'm going to a Clutch concert today as well!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
GaryM wrote
only 6% of people go to church so maybe going to church is "socially deviant" here...
That's a definite!

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #11
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
darwinfish wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote

woohoo, I'm going to a Clutch concert today as well!
The show they played here was awesome. They played a ton of old stuff off of Blast Tyrant and Elephant riders, they even played El Jeffe Speaks off of Transnational Speedway League. Not that I don't enjoy their new stuff, I love the bluesy sound of the new album.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
Rat Bastard

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Hmm...well, if I remember my locker room biology lessons correctly, we determined that breasts need to be exposed to the L (Lechery)-rays cast by men's eyes, to maintain optimum health. If you don't believe it, just watch how they flush to a pinker hue and the nipples rise when they are unrestrained by clothing. 'snatchural, so it can hardly be called deviant.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Hmm...well, if I remember my locker room biology lessons correctly, we determined that breasts need to be exposed to the L (Lechery)-rays cast by men's eyes, to maintain optimum health. If you don't believe it, just watch how they flush to a pinker hue and the nipples rise when they are unrestrained by clothing. 'snatchural, so it can hardly be called deviant.
Yeah, and it's highly organic too!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote