Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #1966
Irreligious
I Live Here

Um, your thumb and forefinger have cellulite.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #1967
Method21

Quote:
The Judge wrote
Beautiful space pic. Shame about the xian significance. Cookie to the first one to spot it. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...06/sinaism.jpg
It looks like a head of a dinosaur if you tilt your head to the left...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #1968
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
The Judge wrote
Beautiful space pic. Shame about the xian significance. Cookie to the first one to spot it. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...06/sinaism.jpg
Maybe I missed it, but what is the xian significance (apart from being the Promised Land area)? Or am I just being slow?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #1969
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
:lol::lol::lol:
Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #1970
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Ok so I have fat fingers! Happy now?! :P

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #1971
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Yeah, and there sorry, but there was also no higher meaning to the space pic - loads of you got it. Cookies for all.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #1972
Wakkun

FSM's way of telling me to get a new keyboard :lol:

More via this post.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #1973
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #1974
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

The wife and I hit Paris recently. It was my first trip, and I would like to share some things I learned.

First, the public toilets there can be quite impressive. In this toilet just off the Jardin des Tuilleries you can not only relieve yourself, you can also buy a snack and make a telephone call. Nice!

Second, the French seem to have an irrational fear of each other's ass germs. Quite a few of the toilets don't give you the option of sitting down. Bummer!

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1975
Wakkun

Do those toilets come in different shoe sizes? I'm not sure that one would fit me.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #1976
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

....and the interesting thing is that some of those toilets have attendants with a little tray where money must be deposited. This idea of a public paying toilet originated with the emperor, son of god Christos, Vespasianus ca 68ce. Thinking of a way to make money for the growing Empire he decided to tax the toilets where the urine was collected as cleaning material for the fullers. He had already demolished the GOlden House of Nero filling the lake where his colossal statue once stood to build his amphitheater ( this word means double theaters back to back) This frugal intelligent man was an atheist ( epicurean) and had a great sense of humor. Public toilets in France are called Vespassiennes in honor of their creator.

There is an interesting anecdote from Dio Casius ( Dio 65.14.5 ). When Vespasianus was criticized for his urinal tax, he cleverly said " Money has no smell".

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #1977
Rat Bastard

Quote:
R and All wrote
The wife and I hit Paris recently. It was my first trip, and I would like to share some things I learned.

First, the public toilets there can be quite impressive. In this toilet just off the Jardin des Tuilleries you can not only relieve yourself, you can also buy a snack and make a telephone call. Nice!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/P5170497.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/P5170498.jpg

Second, the French seem to have an irrational fear of each other's ass germs. Quite a few of the toilets don't give you the option of sitting down. Bummer!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/P5170518.jpg
Careful, or you'll piss on your sabots!

Also, I'm not sure I can pinch a loaf into that little drain hole.....
Old 08-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #1978
R and All

Quote:
Wakkun wrote
Do those toilets come in different shoe sizes? I'm not sure that one would fit me.
:lol::lol:

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
Old 08-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #1979
R and All

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
....and the interesting thing is that some of those toilets have attendants with a little tray where money must be deposited.
Now that you mention it, there was a guy on duty in there, but we didn't put any Euros in any tray. Oh well, I suppose that was not our only faux pas.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #1980
R and All

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
I'm not sure I can pinch a loaf into that little drain hole.....
Yeah, it is an awfully small target for those of us who are used to just sitting and letting it drop, as opposed to precision bombardiering.