Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #16
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
It would be unexpected and a refreshing change to get a few reasonably thoughtful responses to this bit of research...but i'll understand if ya can't be bothered reading so much at one time.
What would be unexpected and refreshing is if you tried to come across as a reasonably civilized human being, but I have a feeling that is beyond your capabilities.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
What would be unexpected and refreshing is if you tried to come across as a reasonably civilized human being, but I have a feeling that is beyond your capabilities.
C'mon, she's TRYING...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

I'm interested...? To know if... you have any specific...!!!

Problems with...

.......!!?!?!!

Science investigating moral subjects...?...?...?

I...'...m... also inter... est... ed in why you type the way you...

... do?

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #19
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
Pussy

"trying"....What? You think I didn't know you'll all would turn this into a playpen event. (check that herding instinct guys)

Are you lot so up yourselves?
so immature that you take this kind of "interaction" between online anonymous posters so seriously?

And you ask if I can come across as a 'reasonably civilised human being"? What ?.....does that mean you'd like me to kiss your arse & lick your balls at the same time? COme on...! Fair is fair..you go first!

& typing?.... you can do better than that...surely. What about showing off to your "likeminded" membersby 'critiquing' the research instead of my casual post that really isn't all that complex -I only gave 'hints' .

The research is there for you to 'work' on & if you can't be fucked..... & Its too hard for you.?..or are you too intellectually absorbed with this kind of 'tate tet'?
Its no biggie to me.

Here's a linkie http://richarddawkins.net/article,2293,n,n
to another discussion of the same article.
Why not join in there?

There is a lot of shit science around.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Shit science ( SS ) is the 'science" taught at Christ-psychosis infected schools i,e Liberty Univ, Bob Jones Univ, Brigham Young univ, research institute, etc

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
Pussy

I agree
but that's not what is meant. I"m not involved in religion. Nor do I have a 'knee jerk' reaction to this kind of statement ie. "a lot of shit science around" and become immediately defensive. I don't see it in black/white terms.
However, I understand that a lot of people online have been fucked over by religion.

No...'a lot of shit science' means that any 'science' needs to be approached objectively and requires critiquing by anyone who reads it . (just like any other product that is up for sale/consumption)

Science is not immediately 'safe' or 'scientific' just because it comes out of secular sources.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
Science is not immediately 'safe' or 'scientific' just because it comes out of secular sources.
I don't know what we would do without you, pussy.

And here I was accepting anything that was published, just because it claimed to be "science". Live and learn.

Edit: In the spirit of sharing wisdoms, here is one that not everyone may realize:
Don't eat yellow snow, it may not be lemon-flavored.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #24
Pussy

Grin

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
I don't know what we would do without you, pussy.

And here I was accepting anything that was published, just because it claimed to be "science". Live and learn.

Edit: In the spirit of sharing wisdoms, here is one that not everyone may realize:
Don't eat yellow snow, it may not be lemon-flavored.
Yep... I had a weak moment and felt sorry for the person who posted.

Quote:
calpurnpiso - Shit science ( SS ) is the 'science" taught at Christ-psychosis infected schools i,e Liberty Univ, Bob Jones Univ, Brigham Young univ, research institute, etc
It sounds sad don't you think? That the 'atheists' on this board are confronted with such 'education' .
Oh and all that pitiful homeschooling!!!

Now....its interesting that you take my very simple statement so personally. As if it was just meant for you. Why is that?
Are you identifying yourself...your background with those "christ-psychosis infected schools'?
What is it you need to un learn?

Yellowsnow? whats that?........your religious past coming forth? Be afraid of the snow? Dare I not taste it?

What next ..a plague from the heavens?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
marstosirius

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
Yellowsnow? whats that?........your religious past coming forth? Be afraid of the snow? Dare I not taste it?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
The retard is strong in this one.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #27
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Pussy, you are priceless! That is, no matter how low your price is, I wouldn't pay it.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote