Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Egor

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
What's up EGOr? Nobody visiting your blog?
That's irrelevant at this point. All that matters is I keep it going. And I do with nearly daily posts. I don’t care about comments. Since I try to respond to all the comments, that just means more work.
Quote:
Michael wrote View Post

So I would say that as for the likelihood of aliens, given the number of planets found in habitable zones in our galaxy alone, we should not treat the idea as out of the realms of possibility (rather I believe it is fervently inside the realm of possibility), however we do not have enough evidence so far to treat the idea as definate.
Look how much more “fervent” you are about the possibility of aliens, when there is no evidence and no need for them to exist. But when it comes to God, why heck that just don’t make no sense!

Why don’t you just admit it: You want to be an atheist.

-----------------
@ Smelly
You’re the moderator of this forum; why don’t you try to be a little more mature? You’re like some spamming hacker troll in your own forum.

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
As for the idiots point.......well has he a point or is he just saying that if we believe in aliens we must believe in god too? Or is he stating that it is stupid to just believe in stuff without any evidence? Trouble is we know life can exist, because we see it here all the time, so are just assuming that it could well exist elsewhere. Nobody as of yet has seen a god, and proved it.

All fired up about aliens! But hey, there are 100 billion galaxies, there’s at least a 1 in multiple trillions of a chance that there is life out there. It’s not necessary, we’ve seen not one shred of evidence for it, but you’re willing to let your heart believe in it.

Why don’t you just admit you want to be an atheist?
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

You have made a boo boo again. We see life on our planet, (please read the post) and assume not state it is so. I would not blow up a building in the name of aliens, nor devote my life to them, (maybe to trying to discover them) but I would accept that without the evidence for them, they are just a theory. However there is evidence of life, we see it on this planet. Where is this god. Admit it, you are deperate for a fable to be true to justify your own existence.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

C'mon Egor. Instead of bugging us about aliens, provide us with proof that there is a God and be done with it. Just as we're waiting for proof of aliens, we are waiting for proof of God.

Until there is evidence, aliens and God are both just figments of our imaginations.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

[quote=Stargazer;658100]C'mon Egor. Instead of bugging us about aliens, provide us with proof that there is a God and be done with it. Just as we're waiting for proof of aliens, we are waiting for proof of God.

Until there is evidence, aliens and God are both just figments of our imaginations.[/quot
I think I know what will be proved first.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
Stevil

I would imagine that if there are extra terrestrial life then they are made of energy/matter just like everything else that we have observed.
They would have evolved, just like every other living thing that we have observed.
That they would be the natural and inevitable consequence of this Universe that we exist within.

None of this logic applies to any god theory.
Stevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Look how much more “fervent” you are about the possibility of aliens, when there is no evidence and no need for them to exist. But when it comes to God, why heck that just don’t make no sense!
No one can definitively rule out the possible existence of a god, if it makes you happy, Egor. Of course, no one can definitively rule out the existence of unicorns, leprachauns and Big Foot, either.

I would have thought by now that you realize we cannot prove a negative.

Why is it so important to you that we believe whatever it is you are claiming to believe? I don't know what the hell you think a god is. Why are you insistent that I pretend that I do?

Quote:
Egor wrote
Why don’t you just admit it: You want to be an atheist.
Do you want to not believe in the existence of Big Foot, unicorns and leprachauns? Do you even think that's a reasonable question, given the lack of evidence for these allegations?

Quote:
Egor wrote
-----------------
@ Smelly
You’re the moderator of this forum; why don’t you try to be a little more mature? You’re like some spamming hacker troll in your own forum.
You are the one behaving immaturely. You're badgering people to believe what you believe and not offering them any compelling reason to do so. After a while, a person loses patience with the egregiously bad behavior you're indulging here.

If you cannot tell us specifically what a god is, exactly how it allegedly created anything and we cannot examine this allegation of yours for ourselves, we don't owe you any credibility. We are not required to share your faith.

Otherwise, no one here is telling you that a god (whatever that's supposed to be) does not exist, only that there is no known evidence for this thing you're claiming. Hence, we don't believe in your claim.

If you want to keep insisting that we have to believe what you do when we already explained several times why we don't, then you have only yourself to blame for the rude treatment that you are accorded here. You are purposely inviting it when you don't have to.

Quote:
Egor wrote
All fired up about aliens! But hey, there are 100 billion galaxies, there’s at least a 1 in multiple trillions of a chance that there is life out there. It’s not necessary, we’ve seen not one shred of evidence for it, but you’re willing to let your heart believe in it.
We're not all fired up about alleged aliens. It would appear that you are, since you created the thread.

Scientists are merely speculating about the possible existence of what we would have to call "alien" life forms, if it turns out that life does exist elsewhere. If there is life that originated outside of this planet, it would necessarily be "alien" or "foreign" to us. However, scientists are not claiming to know that there is life on other planets, what it looks like or whether or not it is intelligent. Personally, I won't get excited about their speculations until there is some evidence of alleged alien life forms.

The same goes for your speculations.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Why don't you just admit you can't stand the idea of other people not sharing your unfounded beliefs, or you faith in alleged things that have not been revealed?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 02-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Stevil wrote View Post
I would imagine that if there are extra terrestrial life then they are made of energy/matter just like everything else that we have observed.
They would have evolved, just like every other living thing that we have observed.
That they would be the natural and inevitable consequence of this Universe that we exist within.

None of this logic applies to any god theory.
If that turns out to be the case, proof will be straightforward and logical, like photos, videos, and/or actual visits.

No need for thirty paragraph "premises," or demands that one "has to have faith."

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
One of the forum shitstains wrote
@ Smelly
Well fuck me ragged - I've been judged by our vising numpty troll-poe, and I'm so terminally underwhelmed, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to show my arse in public again. Perhaps if you ever manage to train your semen stained fingers to hack out anything that wasn't so shitstirringly stupid, there'd be no need for those of us who've read all the bullshit before to take ever more gallons of piss out of your idiocy.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Absolutely. I want to be an atheist.

Now you admit you just want to be a theist.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post

Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
orangeitis

I think I speak for 99% of the atheists here when I say what we want is to believe as much truth as possible, while disbelieving as much false things as possible. If Humankind found solid, scientific evidence that a deity exists, we all would probably accept it and become theists.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #27
West491
Obsessed Member

Indeed Orange. And if we only believed what there was evidence for, we would all be atheists.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Well fuck me ragged - I've been judged by our visiting numpty troll-poe, and I'm so terminally underwhelmed, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to show my arse in public again. Perhaps if you ever manage to train your semen stained fingers to hack out anything that wasn't so shitstirringly stupid, there'd be no need for those of us who've read all the bullshit before to take ever more gallons of piss out of your idiocy.
LOL!

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
Egor

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Finally! Instead of some stupid comment about proving God in a laboratory as if He were one of the elements, instead of ridiculous mods who apparently are obsessed with anuses and bodily excrement (since he talks about them in every post he writes), instead the same old tub thumping about how good it would be to be able to believe, but alas atheists are just too rational for that, we finally get an atheist who will tell the truth.

And that truth is in complete contradiction to the atheist who posts just after him and says he speak for 99% of all atheist when he says all they want is to believe the truth.

I applaud your honesty. You’re going to burn in hell, of course, but I applaud your honesty.

As for me wanting to be a theist, I thought that was already assumed. Of course I want to be a theist. I’ve spent my life building my relationship with God. There is nothing I want more than that.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #30
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Finally! Instead of some stupid comment about proving God in a laboratory as if he were one of the elements
I don't think we asked you to prove God in a laboratory. We did ask you to prove God, however.

More specifically, provide proof that there is a God. That's all.

Specific proof. Hopefully in 100 words or less, or better yet, a photo or a video.

I believe that to be a reasonable request.