Old 06-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
genius2687

This is from this right wing author who I think might be Christian. She gives a pretty accurate portrayal of the Sharia lobby in the US and it's plans for the years to come and I definitely don't condemn her there.

There does seem to be a bit of paranoia though.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/immig...ob_nothink.htm
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
GaryM

The author is male by the way.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Quote:
genius2687 wrote
This is from this right wing author who I think might be Christian. She gives a pretty accurate portrayal of the Sharia lobby in the US and it's plans for the years to come and I definitely don't condemn her there.

There does seem to be a bit of paranoia though.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/immig...ob_nothink.htm
A bit?
Middle eastern restaurants are an Islamist plot???
He could substitute "Jews" for "Muslims" and be right in line with 1930s Germany.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
genius2687

Well I am deeply concerned about Muslims using the democratic process to push for Sharia law, and silencing their opponents by accusing them of being "Islamophobic", lying, bigoted, racist, hatemongering, xenophobes everytime someone speaks ill about the pressures of Islam in America or Europe.

We all know that the religious right is looney, but there are too many people on the left who give Islam unnecssary respect and praise and encourage it in the name of multicultural values. Multicultural values are a good thing but if we are to favor multiculturalism and religious respect over secular rights like the rights of women, gays, free speech, and the non-religious, that is just stupid.

I believe in Europe the above is happening where the rights of the secular Europeans are being compromised over those of Europe's Muslims. We are seeing it in the states as well in places like Minnesota (cab driver controversy), as well as the demands for taxpayer funded Muslim facilities.

There is some growing resistance to this in Europe, America, Australia, but at this point it seems that the Muslims are still on the winning side in terms of slowly overturning secular laws in favor of Islamic law.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
genius2687 wrote
Well I am deeply concerned about Muslims using the democratic process to push for Sharia law, and silencing their opponents by accusing them of being "Islamophobic", lying, bigoted, racist, hatemongering, xenophobes everytime someone speaks ill about the pressures of Islam in America or Europe.

We all know that the religious right is looney, but there are too many people on the left who give Islam unnecssary respect and praise and encourage it in the name of multicultural values. Multicultural values are a good thing but if we are to favor multiculturalism and religious respect over secular rights like the rights of women, gays, free speech, and the non-religious, that is just stupid.

I believe in Europe the above is happening where the rights of the secular Europeans are being compromised over those of Europe's Muslims. We are seeing it in the states as well in places like Minnesota (cab driver controversy), as well as the demands for taxpayer funded Muslim facilities.

There is some growing resistance to this in Europe, America, Australia, but at this point it seems that the Muslims are still on the winning side in terms of slowly overturning secular laws in favor of Islamic law.
Can you cite some specific laws in Europe, where Islamic ones have overturned secular ones? I'm a bit skeptical.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Mog
Obsessed Member

How about this one?
http://www.politicsforumpoliticalwor...w-germany.html

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Mog
Obsessed Member

Here is another case...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nsharia29.xml

I don't know if its necessarily overturning them, but they are choosing vigilante judges over the official ones.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
bryantee

Quote:
Mog wrote
Here is another case...

I don't know if its necessarily overturning them, but they are choosing vigilante judges over the official ones.
Interesting, but this still is, as the article calls it, legal pluralism. Don't expect to find state appointed judges applying the same paradigm anytime soon.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
nkb

Quote:
Mog wrote
Here is another case...

If the victim chooses not to press charges, regardless of religion, there is nothing the legal system can do (with obvious exceptions). This is not a good example.

Also, the other link you provided in the German case is a blog. I'd rather see an actual news story, with the details.

genius2687, since you were the one who made the claim, care to provide some links?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
genius2687

I was trying to find a reference to this incident, but it's pointed out by this French author who wrote an article critical to Islam last year and then had to go into hiding. But here's one example of this happening in France.

"How can one explain the ban on the wearing of thongs on Paris-Beaches*, this summer? The reasoning put forth was bizarre: the risk of "disturbing public order". Did this mean that bands of frustrated youths would become violent, faced with displays of beauty? Or were they scared of Islamist demonstrations by the brigades of virtue on the approaches to Paris-Beaches?"

The full article can be obtained at

http://www.westernresistance.com/blo...es/003001.html
Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
nkb

Quote:
genius2687 wrote
I was trying to find a reference to this incident, but it's pointed out by this French author who wrote an article critical to Islam last year and then had to go into hiding. But here's one example of this happening in France.

"How can one explain the ban on the wearing of thongs on Paris-Beaches*, this summer? The reasoning put forth was bizarre: the risk of "disturbing public order". Did this mean that bands of frustrated youths would become violent, faced with displays of beauty? Or were they scared of Islamist demonstrations by the brigades of virtue on the approaches to Paris-Beaches?"

So, as far as you can find, there have been no secular laws overturned in Europe in favor of Islamic laws.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
genius2687 wrote

So, as far as you can find, there have been no secular laws overturned in Europe in favor of Islamic laws.
And as for the original article, look who wrote it:

http://www.islam-in-focus.com/Aboutus.htm

Pretty accurate portrayal, my hairy arse.

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #13
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Waddlie wrote
http://www.islam-in-focus.com/Aboutus.htm

Pretty accurate portrayal, my hairy arse.
Quote:
Article wrote
Master in Theology, a Doctorate in Ministry
Surely such credentials place him at the forefront of shiteology?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #14
Wakkun

Quote:
genius2687 wrote
"How can one explain the ban on the wearing of thongs on Paris-Beaches, this summer?"
Thongs are just wrong. No need to be Jizlamic to come to that point of view. Nothing wrong with a pleasingly bare arse, of course, but a strip of fabric soaking up arse-gravy: call me old fashioned...

[I've recently installed this Firefox spell checker thing and it objects to perfectly good words like Jizlam and arse (and Firefox, ironically). But then again, I suppose that's what "Add to dictionary" is for. Duly added.]
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #15
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Wakkun wrote
..Thongs are just wrong.
Sorry Wakkers - is it necessary to call a vote on this?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is online now   Reply With Quote