Old 11-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
joa
New Member!

Raving

I am JOA, and I am happy to be here.

Sam Harris says we do not need a word for non golfer. He also says the word atheist is over used since we know there is no god, so raving about nothing is not needed.
I feel that as long as religion is being force on us we need to RAVE. Religious people are just brainwashed, but many of us were shown the way out of the yoke of being a slave to an invisible sky daddy by someone else who escaped it. We must show the way when we can without fighting or getting on their level when they get angry in circular arguments when they accept they cannot prove there is a god.
joa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Greetings - Rave away, nodody here will raise an eyebrow - apart from the trolls, they're just ultra dumb.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
Davin
Obsessed Member

Welcome and rave away. Raving is good for... I'm sure it's good for something because I like doing it.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
AtomJack

Welcome! The title comes from the original "Raving Atheist", who sold out and went back to xtianity, and became the "Raving Theist". (I've done a little poking around the internet, and learned this).
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I am JOA, and I am happy to be here.

Sam Harris says we do not need a word for non golfer.
And people who don't collect stamps aren't called Aphilatelists.

Quote:
He also says the word atheist is over used since we know there is no god, so raving about nothing is not needed.
The religious are well versed in the psychological ploy of labelling.

Quote:
I feel that as long as religion is being force on us we need to RAVE.
Opposing voices are needed, ineffective as they are against forces nourished by tax exemption and media bias, and the laughable notion of "freedom of religion", i.e. the right to be deceived.

Quote:
Religious people are just brainwashed,
They are gullible, lazy, stupid amd arrogant. A huge leap of gullibility is required to profess belief in talking snakes and donkeys, floating iron axeheads, virgin births, and human procreation with non-material beings. Too lazy and arrogant to engage in even a modest amount of critical thinking. Faith is arrogance personified.
There is no more dangerous combination than stupidity and ignorance combined with arrogance. It leads to such things as decapitations for witchcraft as practised by the Saudis. Incredible stone age savagery in the 21st century! The favourite entertainment of the religious is killing, the younger the victim, the better.

Quote:
but many of us were shown the way out of the yoke of being a slave to an invisible sky daddy by someone else who escaped it.
Who showed you? I doubted from the very first exposure to relious BS. Being shown it was crapola was courtesy of the many atheist authors, found by my own research efforts, inspired by media coverage of Madalyn O'Hair, rather then personal contact. AAMOF various attempts at local atheist organisations have been abject failures.

Quote:
We must show the way when we can without fighting or getting on their level when they get angry in circular arguments when they accept they cannot prove there is a god.
They just employ the usual fallacy and demand we disprove God.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
joa
New Member!

I have spent 30 plus year trying to understand why anyone with critical thinking skills would drinks the Kool-Aide.
I have read many post here and was sorry to hear the original site sold out to religious nuts. I cannot understand this, but I did notice that the parody site Landover Baptist has been taken over by some of these sheep. I made a few points there about how much I enjoyed having a chance to debate Christians and was banned, after being called a variety of silly childish names.
I see that most of the people here have covered the bases and much of what I could share has already been said. I hope to hang around for educational reasons. I have read all the Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennet, Harris, Myers, books and too many more to mention. Youtube is loaded with debates, but fififi . I am on my fourth kindle, and my cloud is loaded with everyone I can find who has a god bashing book. I just finished Freud's book, The Future Of An Illusion, for the third time, and he said that religion will not go away as long as people are afraid to die. I know Hitchens spoke about this book several times.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:31 AM   #7
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

hi joa, welcome.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #8
joa
New Member!

“Why should I fear death?
If I am, then death is not.
If Death is, then I am not.
Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?
Long time men lay oppressed with slavish fear.
Religious tyranny did domineer.
At length the mighty one of Greece
Began to assent the liberty of man.”
― Epicurus