Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #31
WickFut

Change thread title to "God describes dragons before St. George killed them all"
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #32
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
SeekerOfAnswers wrote View Post
calpurnpiso, I'll pray for you, seems like this isn't religion that you hate, but just an embittered soul looking for avenues to vent his anger, regardless to any validity of content.
Hey retard, prayers are a product of retarded sick brains. IOW, retard, they are "feelGood" dopamine inducing thoughts. You're too stupid to realize it retard. To me, a mentally healthy aka atheist, person, a RELIGIOUS person is no different than a schizophrenic, mentally retarded or HIV+ person. IOW retard, religious beliefs by accepting DELUSIONS as if they were reality, mimic those beliefs of the SCHIZOPHRENIA sufferer. After all retard, the science of NEUROLOGY ( I suggest you look in a dictionary to understand what it is) clearly show the BRAIN is what produces THINKING and the BELIEF of gods, demons and other superstitions.

So retard, what I am saying is you are MENTALLY ILL stuck in t he Middle Ages. We are in the 21st Century. Do you want me to give you a JET ( Jesus Existence Test) so you see how USELESS prayers to an imaginary friend are?

You should have said retard: " I pray to Santa you see the light "

BTW moron, I do have anger at DISEASE that makes people commit genocide because their TOOTH FaIRY is not accepted by the Believers of Santa & leprechauns as the ONLY TRUE TOOTH FAIRY.
So, yes, I hate Christ-psychosis & cancer but I LOVE the people Infected by them. Got it now retard?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #33
YHWH

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
Hey retard, prayers are a product of retarded sick brains. IOW, retard, they are "feelGood" dopamine inducing thoughts. You're too stupid to realize it retard. To me, a mentally healthy aka atheist, person, a RELIGIOUS person is no different than a schizophrenic, mentally retarded or HIV+ person. IOW retard, religious beliefs by accepting DELUSIONS as if they were reality, mimic those beliefs of the SCHIZOPHRENIA sufferer. After all retard, the science of NEUROLOGY ( I suggest you look in a dictionary to understand what it is) clearly show the BRAIN is what produces THINKING and the BELIEF of gods, demons and other superstitions.

So retard, what I am saying is you are MENTALLY ILL stuck in t he Middle Ages. We are in the 21st Century. Do you want me to give you a JET ( Jesus Existence Test) so you see how USELESS prayers to an imaginary friend are?

You should have said retard: " I pray to Santa you see the light "

BTW moron, I do have anger at DISEASE that makes people commit genocide because their TOOTH FaIRY is not accepted by the Believers of Santa & leprechauns as the ONLY TRUE TOOTH FAIRY.
So, yes, I hate Christ-psychosis & cancer but I LOVE the people Infected by them. Got it now retard?
Gee, You sound like Adolf Hitler. "Christianity is the invention of sick brains"

You're right, we are living in the 21st century, and 2,000 years later the majority of the world still worship a first century Jew. What's that tell you?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #34
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
Gee, You sound like Adolf Hitler. "Christianity is the invention of sick brains"

You're right, we are living in the 21st century, and 2,000 years later the majority of the world still worship a first century Jew. What's that tell you?
33.32% is not a majority (in this case, it's a plurality).

I don't understand what you have against Hitler. An ardent Jesus-lover like Adolf should be your BFF: "We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people." ~ A.H.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #35
YHWH

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
33.32% is not a majority (in this case, it's a plurality).

I don't understand what you have against Hitler. An ardent Jesus-lover like Adolf should be your BFF: "We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people." ~ A.H.
Listen, Christianity is the largest religion in the known world with 32%. www.adherents.com. Find another religion with a higher percentile. I'll wait. If you studied Adolf Hitler you would know he became delusional and unstable during his last years on earth. Hitler was claiming to be a Christian to sway the Christian voters. And once he was in power.. what did he do? He gassed Priests and Nuns. Gee, I wonder which demonination of Christianity gasses Priests and Nuns?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #36
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
Listen, Christianity is the largest religion in the known world with 32%.
Listen, that makes it a plurality, not a majority. Also, you are arguing from popularity. Does the popularity of a belief have any say in whether the belief is true? If so, you must be a Catholic, since there are three times as many of those as Protestants.

Quote:
www.adherents.com. Find another religion with a higher percentile. I'll wait.
Look up 'majority' in the dictionary. Now 'plurality.' (Ask mum -- or better yet, find someone with opposable thumbs -- to help. I'll wait).

Quote:
If you studied Adolf Hitler you would know he became delusional and unstable during his last years on earth.
Yes, the very model of a Christian.

Quote:
Hitler was claiming to be a Christian to sway the Christian voters. And once he was in power.. what did he do?
He invoked Christian themes to sway Christian voters and justify the attempted extermination of Jews. And it worked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #37
YHWH

Quote:
Listen, that makes it a plurality, not a majority. Also, you are arguing from popularity. Does the popularity of a belief have any say in whether the belief is true? If so, you must be a Catholic, since there are three times as many of those as Protestants.

Look up 'majority' in the dictionary. Now 'plurality.' (Ask mum -- or better yet, find someone with opposable thumbs -- to help. I'll wait).

Yes, the very model of a Christian.

He invoked Christian themes to sway Christian voters and justify the attempted extermination of Jews. And it worked.
I have found many flaws within your post. You call "Christians delusional and insane", but I'm willing to bet that you will vote for a Christian President, and I'm willing to bet you visit a Doctor that is a Christian. Thus far, you're putting your trust and faith into a delusional and insane person. Ok, I'm with you so far. Catholicism falls under the Christian religion. And to answer your question, Yes! Popularity does make something true. Why are the Beatles considered the #1 rock group of all time? Because they made good music, and millions of people bought their records. Now before you say something like, "Britney Spears sells millions of records, too".. She is a fad.. She will be forgotten in 20 years..

My point is.. Christianity has stood the test of time. Many Christians were executed for claiming Jesus as their God. How many people do you know that willingly died for something that isn't true? Many Christians were held captive, and they had plenty of enough time to say, "JESUS DIDN'T EXIST, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!".. But they didn't! They went to their grave believing Jesus Christ existed!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #38
Erik

So YHWH, that means that everything espoused by a suicide bomber must be true? Given the number of Muslims who have died professing their beliefs, Islam must be true also.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #39
YHWH

Quote:
Erik wrote View Post
So YHWH, that means that everything espoused by a suicide bomber must be true? Given the number of Muslims who have died professing their beliefs, Islam must be true also.
I knew someone would bring this to my attention, and I'm glad you did. Evil dictators such as Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden are telling these Soldiers for Allah that it's in their destiny to strike fear into the hearts of the unbelievers, and Allah will grant them 72 Virgins in Heaven if they die a Martyrs death. This is not coming from the Qu'ran. It's coming from someone that is filled with evil hatred and violence. Show me where it says in the Q'uran that Iran must destroy Israel? Once again, this is coming from an evil dictator.

Last edited by YHWH; 06-11-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #40
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
How many people do you know that willingly died for something that isn't true?
Why do you bother asking questions when you don't even understand the answers.

What Erik pointed out to you was the fallacy of claiming that someone dying for their belief says something about whether it is true.

So, either your claim that Christians who die for their beliefs means absolutely nothing, or what the Muslim suicide bombers believe must also be true.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #41
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
I have found many flaws within your post. You call "Christians delusional and insane", but I'm willing to bet that you will vote for a Christian President, and I'm willing to bet you visit a Doctor that is a Christian. Thus far, you're putting your trust and faith into a delusional and insane person.
So, you are aware of my voting history and my health records? Do you have access to this knowledge via the same intellectual tools you use to talk to Jesus? Thus far, you're a demented fuckwit.

Quote:
Ok, I'm with you so far. Catholicism falls under the Christian religion. And to answer your question, Yes! Popularity does make something true.
So, you're Catholic, then? They must be the troof, since they are the majority (barely) among Christ-Gobblers.

Quote:
Why are the Beatles considered the #1 rock group of all time? Because they made good music, and millions of people bought their records. Now before you say something like, "Britney Spears sells millions of records, too".. She is a fad.. She will be forgotten in 20 years..
Did you know that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I know because John Lennon said so, and since he was a Beatle and the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, it must be true. (Do they give you Drammamine when you ride the circular logicmobile?)

Quote:
My point is.. Christianity has stood the test of time. Many Christians were executed for claiming Jesus as their God.
So, popularity + longevity = da troof. Buddhism has been around for hundreds of years longer than Christinsanity. Argyle, it must be the true path.

Quote:
How many people do you know that willingly died for something that isn't true?
I watched demented fuckwits fly airplanes into buildings because they believe Allah wanted them to. Other demented fuckwits blow themselves up every day for similar delusions.

Quote:
Many Christians were held captive, and they had plenty of enough time to say, "JESUS DIDN'T EXIST, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!".. But they didn't! They went to their grave believing Jesus Christ existed!
The strength of their faith in an imaginary friend speaks to their dementia, not to the truth-value of their beliefs. Muslims, Hindus, and even Buddhists are rife with martyrs willing to die for their beliefs. I guess they're all true?

So far you've got popularity, longevity, and 'willingness to die' as evidence that your beliefs are true. Until you come up with something a little more convincing, you will be an object of scorn and derision in any forum that values intellectual inquiry. Enjoy your stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #42
YHWH

Quote:
So, you are aware of my voting history and my health records? Do you have access to this knowledge via the same intellectual tools you use to talk to Jesus? Thus far, you're a demented fuckwit.

So, you're Catholic, then? They must be the troof, since they are the majority (barely) among Christ-Gobblers.

Did you know that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I know because John Lennon said so, and since he was a Beatle and the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, it must be true. (Do they give you Drammamine when you ride the circular logicmobile?)

So, poularity + longevity = da troof. Buddhism has been around for hundreds of years longer than Christinsanity. Argyle, it must be the true path.

I watched demented fuckwits fly airplanes into buildings because they believe Allah wanted them to. Other demented fuckwits blow themselves up every day for similar delusions.

The strength of their faith in an imaginary friend speaks to their dementia, not to the truth-value of their beliefs. Muslims, Hindus, and even Buddhists are rife with martrys willing to die for their beliefs. I guess they're all true?

So far you've got popularity, longevity, and 'willingness to die' as evidence that your beliefs are true. Until you come up with something a little more convincing, you will be an object of scorn and derision in any forum that values intellectual inquiry. Enjoy your stay.
The Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I find it very strange that the guy who said that was shot dead six times.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #43
Single Serving Jack
A caricature

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
The Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I find it very strange that the guy who said that was shot dead six times.
Rather that than crucified.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day" - Douglas Adams
Single Serving Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #44
nkb
He who walks among the theists

John Lennon must have been the 2nd coming, why else would he have been persecuted for his beliefs, and then killed?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #45
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Single Serving Jack wrote View Post
Rather that than crucified.

Touché!

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote