Old 01-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #2956
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
I'm going to try and rescue this thread a little here.
JJ what do you want to learn about atheism?
1. Did anyone here once believe in God and is now an atheist. If so
A: what cause you to once believe in God?
B: Why did you change your mind?
C: Do you think being an atheist enhances your life, and if so what ways?

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #2957
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Judge,

I appreciate your dialogue. You are obviously intelligent and don't use all the immature language.

JJ
Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #2958
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Hertz, you you you... gasp... sound like a human here! Are you Bart Erhman??
Gasp is spot on.

JJ
Old 01-23-2018, 01:18 AM   #2959
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
I believe the extraordinary claim is there is no God. Which one is the extraordinary claim is in the eye of different people obviously.

JJ
Jerrypong

You would but there again, you are a brainwashed fuckwit surrounded by other brainwashed fuckwits so we should expect this kind of shit from you.

Only a dub-ass christard could argue in this manner.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:26 AM   #2960
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
1. Atheists can help society out of want and not out of fear from some sky wizard who will seek retribution if we don't.

2. Atheists are free to metaphorically kick the royal shit out of christards who would seek to restrict mankind's logical abilities and instill irrational fear.

How's that for starters, cunt?

Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 AM   #2961
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Judge,

I appreciate your dialogue. You are obviously intelligent and don't use all the immature language.

JJ
Fuck off.

It's the only language that you people understand that conveys how little regard there is for you twats.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:43 AM   #2962
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I believe the extraordinary claim is there is no God. Which one is the extraordinary claim is in the eye of different people obviously.

JJ
Just how fuckin' dumb are you, asshole?

There is and never has been any proof of god. The default position must therefore, logically, be, THERE IS NO god.

christards claim that god exists.

If you reject this, little wonder that you christards believe in a sky wizard and that women can be fucked by (non-existent) ghosts.

How about the following, fuck-head?

1. Santa Clause

2. The Easter Bunny

3. Fairies at the bottom of the garden

4. Harry Potter.

There's as much evidence for the above as for your lard.

What a fuckin' useless duimb-ass you are. Little wonder you cunts are dying out.

Last edited by hertz vanrental; 01-23-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 AM   #2963
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Judge,

JJ
So, jerrypong, you think that maturity = the non-use of swear words? Really? You are a joke.

A swear word is JUST A WORD IS ALL. It's JUST A WORD.

Maturity is about using a set of logical processes to arrive at a logical conclusion.

You 'believe' that a sky wizard created the universe and that a ghost can rape a woman who can become pregnant and still remain a virgin. You 'think' this is maturity, jerrypong?

"Oooh, look, a universe", says jerrypong. "I don't know how it was created. It must have been created by MAGIC. A MAGIC MAN must have created it. OOOh, this book is old. It must be true. It says I must worship the MAGIC MAN because he must be powerful and must want me to worship him. There are people who tell me that they 'know' the MAGIC MAN. I must give them money because otherwise the MAGIC MAN will smite me."

This isn't mature, jerrypong. It is gross stupidity.

You, you dumb twat, are an immature, low IQ individual with an over-inflated ego.

Grow up, cunt.

Last edited by hertz vanrental; 01-23-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:28 AM   #2964
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
Science isn't a subject. It is a methodology. Go learn something/anything about science you immature piece of shit. Then, you will realise what a dumb-ass you really are for saying the kinds of things you do.

Now, go do course: Science 101. You obviously need it.

Wanker.

Last edited by hertz vanrental; 01-23-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #2965
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ
Here are just some of the extraordinary claims of the buybull...it is by no means an exhaustive list:
An omnimax creator "god"
Making light before light-producing objects
Making a man from dust
Making a woman from his rib
A talking snake
Biblical characters living for 300-900+ years
Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt
A talking burning bush
Angels
The virgin birth
All miracles
Death and subsequent resurrection
Pretty much all of the book of Revelations

If you are a different person to most rational, sane people and you think that these things are mundane, everyday occurrences, then I guess you wouldn't expect any explanation.

If this is the case then surely this suits you very well since there is no rational or logical explanation. It is less a matter of perspective as you suggest, JJ and more one of logic and common sense.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #2966
Simon Moon

Quote:
1. Did anyone here once believe in God and is now an atheist. If so
A: what cause you to once believe in God?
B: Why did you change your mind?

JJ

I'll respond to this, as my first post with my new account. I am willing to give JerryJohn the benefit of the doubt, despite having a "history" with him with my previous account. Lets see how long it lasts...

A. I believed due to indoctrination from an early age, and from being surrounded by family that also believed.

B. I changed my mind due to honest research into the god claims made by theists. They could not support their claims with demonstrable evidence and valid and sound logic. Theist claims do not meet their burden of proof.

C. My skepticism and critical thinking are what enhance my life. My atheism is more of a byproduct of correctly applied skepticism and critical thinking. I am free to believe claims that are supported by evidence and reasoned argument, and reject claims that aren't. I no longer have to lead the evidence to fit my beliefs, I am able to go where the evidence leads. I no longer have to live with the cognitive dissonance that theistic beliefs caused me.
Simon Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:42 PM   #2967
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
1. Atheists can help society out of want and not out of fear from some sky wizard who will seek retribution if we don't.

2. Atheists are free to metaphorically kick the royal shit out of christards who would seek to restrict mankind's logical abilities and instill irrational fear.

How's that for starters, cunt?
Thanks for your reply Hertz,

You are simply not correct to presume the motivation of all Christians is based on some fear of God who will seek retribution if they don't. Most Christians believe that their eternal salvation is secure if they believe Jesus is our Savior and died for sins to give us eternal life in heaven.

Good works then are a result of Faith. The flip side of this coin is that good works are not necessary for salvation but will occur as a result from faith.

Do you know many Catholics? They are the denomination that bases salvation in part on"good works." Many Catholics do " good works" thinking this will help them get to heaven. That is a false gospel.

Following this method DOES indeed make many, but not all, Catholics fearful of going to hell. It also causes people to become scrupulous thinking everything they do is a sin and will send them to hell.

Unlike you who appear to feel Christians are "Christards" and other immature, stupid words as such, I myself don't feel the same way about atheists or those of another denomination.

C.S. Lewis makes a good point in one of his books, (I believe it was "Mere Christianity") that one of the main issue atheists have is that they look at Christians and don't see them doing anything MORE HELPFUL or "good works" than atheists.

That's not the main point of Christianity. It's our believe in Jesus.

JJ

PS.

Do you want to also answer my first question

1. Did you believe in God at some point in time?

Regards,

JJ

Point 2 in your post is obvious stupid babbling and I won't respond to it.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:32 AM   #2968
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Hertz,

You are simply not correct to presume the motivation of all Christians is based on some fear of God who will seek retribution if they don't. Most Christians believe that their eternal salvation is secure if they believe Jesus is our Savior and died for sins to give us eternal life in heaven.

Good works then are a result of Faith. The flip side of this coin is that good works are not necessary for salvation but will occur as a result from faith.

Do you know many Catholics? They are the denomination that bases salvation in part on"good works." Many Catholics do " good works" thinking this will help them get to heaven. That is a false gospel.

Following this method DOES indeed make many, but not all, Catholics fearful of going to hell. It also causes people to become scrupulous thinking everything they do is a sin and will send them to hell.

Unlike you who appear to feel Christians are "Christards" and other immature, stupid words as such, I myself don't feel the same way about atheists or those of another denomination.

C.S. Lewis makes a good point in one of his books, (I believe it was "Mere Christianity") that one of the main issue atheists have is that they look at Christians and don't see them doing anything MORE HELPFUL or "good works" than atheists.

That's not the main point of Christianity. It's our believe in Jesus.

JJ

PS.

Do you want to also answer my first question

1. Did you believe in God at some point in time?

Regards,

JJ

Point 2 in your post is obvious stupid babbling and I won't respond to it.
I can't ever remember believing in de lard.

Right from the get go, it was either 'Big Bang' or 'Steady State'. god didn't enter into it.

Before you ask, my parents were agnostic.

I have to admit that, once upon a time, I thought jebus existed, but only as guy who had a degree of charisma and powers to fool the masses. I thought of him as a cross between Houdini and Martin Luther King but he was no son of god. After all, no god = no son thereof. The only reason I thought he existed was because everyone told me so and there was 'all of this supposed EVIDENCE' which proved his existence. I ought to have checked but was too busy doing other things. Pity because I would have realised that jebus was manufactured in order to give the then new religion, christardology, a degree of creedence which was badly needed, given that it was dying out (not unlike today, in fact).

Eventually, I did my research and followed the evidence. I was shocked to find how little evidence for jebus actually existed and how weak it was.

Lots of christards point to Josephus and Tacitus as 'proof' of the existence of jebus. Lots of christards haven't read either for, if they did, would realise that the 'proof' that these two provide is nothing of the kind. It is flimsy at best and, at worst, a forgery.

So, we have this belief in what? Something which resembles fresh air, judging by what christards refer to as 'evidence'.

My first reaction was: how stupid is Mankind?

But, that's not really the answer is it? It's about the fear of death that religion has instilled in Mankind. Religion cleverly taps into Mankind's inherently superstitious nature and uses it for their own ends.

So, how fearful of death and superstitious is Mankind?

The answer is: very, BUT, it is decreasing. Mankind is finally growing up and divesting itself, albeit slowly, of the shackles of religion.

Mankind is now beginning to view the god, jebus, babble 'thing' critically and is arriving at the conclusion that it is horseshit and that religion is no more than a business designed to control Mankind and relieve it of possessions.

Immature, superstitious twats like you, jerrypong, and that useless piece of shit, android, are a dying breed. You are being left behind by a world that is moving on. The world is discovering that it can actually get along far better without religion and religtards. Had either of you lived here in the UK, you would be in a small minority and treated like village idiots.

Does this answer your question?

Old 01-24-2018, 03:29 AM   #2969
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Simon Moon wrote View Post
I'll respond to this, as my first post with my new account. I am willing to give JerryJohn the benefit of the doubt, despite having a "history" with him with my previous account. Lets see how long it lasts...

A. I believed due to indoctrination from an early age, and from being surrounded by family that also believed.

B. I changed my mind due to honest research into the god claims made by theists. They could not support their claims with demonstrable evidence and valid and sound logic. Theist claims do not meet their burden of proof.

C. My skepticism and critical thinking are what enhance my life. My atheism is more of a byproduct of correctly applied skepticism and critical thinking. I am free to believe claims that are supported by evidence and reasoned argument, and reject claims that aren't. I no longer have to lead the evidence to fit my beliefs, I am able to go where the evidence leads. I no longer have to live with the cognitive dissonance that theistic beliefs caused me.
Simon,

Welcome back to my thread. I think I have discerned who you were previously by your writing but it doesn't matter. There are few people that post here both previously and currently.

A. I would agree with you that many are indoctrinated into Christianity and remain with what they were taught and don't think much about it.

B. I have come to realize that many who post here apparently have researched the claims of Christianity and reject them due to lack of evidence.
I am impressed with the Biblical knowledge many posters here have and I might say I do believe that Hertz is very well versed in history.

I have come to believe no theist can prove to an atheist to their expectation of proof that there is a God. Most atheists reject the Bible for various reasons and I actually understand that. If you reject the Bible obviously you will not be Christian.

As I have noted before, my sister is an atheist, and her two main reasons she discusses:
1. The Bible is a joke, made up by a bunch of drunken people laughing at who will believe it.
2. The suffering in the world, and evil as well. That's common to hear among atheists and theists as well struggle with this issue as well.

C: I would certainly agree that skepticism and critical thinking are most important both in life in general of course, and determining a belief system. I believe a theist can have those traits as well.
1. I believe the atheists that post here, generally, not all posters of course (no need to name names) believe one cannot be a logical and critical tinker if they are theist. That claim I reject.

Regards,

JJ
Old 01-24-2018, 03:58 AM   #2970
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
I can't ever remember believing in de lard.

Right from the get go, it was either 'Big Bang' or 'Steady State'. god didn't enter into it.

Before you ask, my parents were agnostic.

I have to admit that, once upon a time, I thought jebus existed, but only as guy who had a degree of charisma and powers to fool the masses. I thought of him as a cross between Houdini and Martin Luther King but he was no son of god. After all, no god = no son thereof. The only reason I thought he existed was because everyone told me so and there was 'all of this supposed EVIDENCE' which proved his existence. I ought to have checked but was too busy doing other things. Pity because I would have realised that jebus was manufactured in order to give the then new religion, christardology, a degree of creedence which was badly needed, given that it was dying out (not unlike today, in fact).

Eventually, I did my research and followed the evidence. I was shocked to find how little evidence for jebus actually existed and how weak it was.

Lots of christards point to Josephus and Tacitus as 'proof' of the existence of jebus. Lots of christards haven't read either for, if they did, would realise that the 'proof' that these two provide is nothing of the kind. It is flimsy at best and, at worst, a forgery.

So, we have this belief in what? Something which resembles fresh air, judging by what christards refer to as 'evidence'.

My first reaction was: how stupid is Mankind?

But, that's not really the answer is it? It's about the fear of death that religion has instilled in Mankind. Religion cleverly taps into Mankind's inherently superstitious nature and uses it for their own ends.

So, how fearful of death and superstitious is Mankind?

The answer is: very, BUT, it is decreasing. Mankind is finally growing up and divesting itself, albeit slowly, of the shackles of religion.

Mankind is now beginning to view the god, jebus, babble 'thing' critically and is arriving at the conclusion that it is horseshit and that religion is no more than a business designed to control Mankind and relieve it of possessions.

Immature, superstitious twats like you, jerrypong, and that useless piece of shit, android, are a dying breed. You are being left behind by a world that is moving on. The world is discovering that it can actually get along far better without religion and religtards. Had either of you lived here in the UK, you would be in a small minority and treated like village idiots.

Does this answer your question?
Yes. I will comment on your points later. When I do you should listen up and take notes.

Briefly, since you like to post A LOT, do you disrespect all THEISTS truly as useless pieces of shit? I think it's a lot of blowing off steam for some mental issue you have.

If so, how is that any different that any other type of prejudice? I am thinking of racism, misogyny, etc?

Was it you who were raised Catholic? (Perhaps that was Judge) If so, I do believe Catholicism is a denomination that instills fear in SOME people due to many reasons including the issue of mortal/venial sins, thousands of rules to follow lest you sin, ending up in a hellish like purgatory etc.

I know many people that are Catholic and they are "fine upstanding people."
Just like the song, Hertzy.

"Sign, Sign everywhere a sign,...do this don't do that" part of the lyrics. Good song, look it up immediately and snap to it.

Good day, Hertzy,

JJ