Old 06-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #121
Livingstrong

Quote:
4thgeneration wrote
HomoCyclist,
This forum loves you back! (*Big smooch!*)
Big smooch back my Ninja Warrior!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #122
Livingstrong

Quote:
Los Pepes wrote
Quote:
lilyy wrote
Quote:
the good doctor wrote
Not reading the bible does not make anybody having lack of knowledge.
The bible is a fiction book, and not an interesting one for what I read in my Christian times.

I am an Atheist. I am not interested in reading a book that I consider a waste. I have better books to read: Medical, science books, cycling books, gardening books, and when I want to read a good fiction book I have better choices than the bible.

And I love this forum!
Homo:
I wasn't going to bother responding to you at all. I have been reading you, doctor, since you first started posting here under your other "handle". I will tell you that you scare the hell out of me. If I were ill, I would not want you anywhere near me. No one who attacks other human beings as readily as you do, can possibly have any empathy or fellow-feeling. I would far rather have a mediocre doctor who sincerely loves and values all humans, than a hate-filled genius. But your repeated declarations that you love this forum are strange.

I believe that you love this forum. It demands nothing of you other than agreement with its disbelief in God. You can rave all you like, be as ugly and insulting as you like, and the gang will cheer you on. But if you actually ever need a friend, will they be there for you? I am not so sure...
This woman would not think twice about saving your life, and you're saying this crap? You've not spent much time around people in the medical profession, have you lilyy? Guess what? They're just regular people, like everyone else. But instead of doing trivial things like teaching lies in Sunday school, they're doing important things like saving people's lives.

BIG difference.

How dare you. Homo, if I end up in a hospital in Mexico, feel free to be my Homo Doctor!
Gladly Los Pepes! Anytime.
But I promise I won't send you a bill. It will be free anyways because sooner or later we all are going to move to our Atheist island in Belize! ;)
Old 06-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #123
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
lilyy wrote
As a professional woman......
That dusty old minge stroker Lily is a whore???????? Who knew there was a market for fat old harpies who smell like cat litter.

Quote:
Actually, that was probably one of my finest posts, encapsulating in 3? 4? sentences all that can or needs to be said about this place. In fact, I nominate it for "Rant of the Week"
:lol::lol::lol: Pathetic.

She is a lonely old fart, isn't she? I almost feel sorry for her. "Atheists, I wish I could quit ya."

I love this forum!
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #124
thenormalyears

Quote:
Lilyy wrote
Ah, Phil, trenchant? Hilarious? Only in this sewer that you call a forum. Here, the echo chamber assures you all that you are witty and that your observations about believers, the Bible, Chrisitianity, et al. are spot on. It is a sort of mass psychosis that leaves us theists alternating between laughter and sighing with despair over the depths to which you (all) sink, in order to express your puny rage at God.

But, of course, fully half? maybe more of you are under 20. Many will, therefore, successfully get past puberty with its Sturm und Drang of inchoate emotions, grow up to become sober citizens and, most likely, believers of one sort or another. :lol:
I think we've covered ages here ma'am. Most of us are from mid twenties on up to our sixties and more than a few have kids so I think that sort of settles the puberty part. I believe you are a troll, perhaps a tick I picked up at myspace or somewhere?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 PM   #125
thenormalyears

Quote:
lilyy wrote
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Quote:
Well ok Philboid maybe you found one that could sorta be taken as condescending.
Well it's not, strictly speaking, condescending if you're down here in the sewer with us. Hey, you could be our pet alligator!
Now that is a role I could sink my teeth into!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS FUNNY
Old 06-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #126
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
lilyy wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
Lily, that's a shockingly disingenuous post. There are plenty of people here who used to be godidiots themselves and have extensive knowledge of the bible.
Disingenuous? Every word was true and/or sincere. You and many others here simply don't get it. Sitting in Church, sitting in Sunday School, even for years, does not necessarily equate to understanding or knowing anything, except in a superficial way about the Bible or about Christianity. At some point, one has to take it up personally and wrestle with it, in order to deepen one's understanding.

I taught Sunday School for years-- the college age class. All of them had been church goers and Sunday School goers for their entire lives. Their ignorance was still quite remarkable. Oh they could quote scripture and recite the 4 laws, etc. But the why? Who is God? How do we know He exists? What does Jesus mean when he says "xyz"? questions had not usually been at the forefront of their thinking. .
If I taught the Ptolemaic system of planetry motion for years, and had all the epicycles worked out would that mean I had anything of value to say about Newtonian mechanics? I think not. Similarly, teaching sunday school just means you are good at communicating with the mentally challenged. This skill should not be undervalued, but neither should it be used to impune those who prefer to converse with the mentally awesome, and forgo the drooling semi-retarded zombie worship that is Christianity.
That was elegant, Choobus. I have read the Bible, done some classes, and while trying honestly to believe in it, because it was expected of me, came away still more entrenched in atheism.
Lily, what would it take for you to abandon your faith? I would like you to chime in sice you are back. I've missed you!http://ravingatheist.com/forum/viewt...583&action=new

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #127
Lilyy

Hello Heathen!

What would it take for me to abandon my faith? It is hard to say but I think just about the only thing that would do it is the discovery of Herod's archives. If we had them and found that no trial and execution of a man named Jesus had taken place, that would pretty much do it for me.

Thanks for the invite back but I just dropped in because my friend Choobus was getting too conceited with all the praise he was getting without me around. Now he is back in fighting form. The front page is more my style. Once in awhile one can actually develop an argument.

Well, well, well, that harpy Openhatch is here too! Can't find any undergraduates to terrorize? Your luck is really out. You can't find any theists to terrorize, either. :lol::lol::lol:
Old 06-28-2006, 03:15 AM   #128
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lilyy wrote
What would it take for me to abandon my faith? It is hard to say but I think just about the only thing that would do it is the discovery of Herod's archives. If we had them and found that no trial and execution of a man named Jesus had taken place, that would pretty much do it for me.
Lily! This is amazing. In fact, it's an occasion worthy of verse:

Holy Mary
mother of God!
Show me your tits
and I'll show you my knob.
You squeezed out a bastard;
no fault of your own,
but now you are carrying some sort of clone;
a magic one,
truly,
there can be no doubt,
because if there were
it would all come to nowt.
So praise him we say,
praise him indeed.
He's ever so useful
to further our greed.
As a patsy that is,
that's what he's for
Jesus the saviour,
and idiot whore.
Do you do anal?
Do you do anal?
Do you do anal,
like God?

What the hell are you on about, awesome choobus, you are probably thinking Lily. And who can blame you? It is somewhat unusual for me to break out in spontaneous bad verse, that's clear. This is why:

"I think just about the only thing that would do it is the discovery of Herod's archives."

That is mind boggling to me, especially after all the guff you have recently spouted concerning your hard core bible chops. Maybe I'm ignorant, so let's pretend I'm an uneducated fool who knows nothing. If I ask you why proof via Herod's records is enough to make or break your faith (which I has assumed was based on something more spiritual and could not, therefore, be swayed by an inconvenient fact), what would you say?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #129
Lilyy

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
Lilyy wrote
Lily! This is amazing. In fact, it's an occasion worthy of verse:

<snip vile, even for choobus, drivel>

What the hell are you on about, awesome choobus, you are probably thinking Lily. And who can blame you? It is somewhat unusual for me to break out in spontaneous bad verse, that's clear. This is why:

"I think just about the only thing that would do it is the discovery of Herod's archives."

That is mind boggling to me, especially after all the guff you have recently spouted concerning your hard core bible chops. Maybe I'm ignorant, so let's pretend I'm an uneducated fool who knows nothing. If I ask you why proof via Herod's records is enough to make or break your faith (which I has assumed was based on something more spiritual and could not, therefore, be swayed by an inconvenient fact), what would you say?
I'd have to ask you to explain what you are asking because I can make neither heads nor tails of this. What are "Bible chops?" But I will take a stab at it ...

If you are accusing me of "belief" despite the facts, I would shake my head in disbelief. I have said over and over that faith does not require the suspension of reason. I have said over and over that if anyone weighs the evidence (honestly) and comes to a different conclusion about its persuasiveness than I have, I have no problem with that. I have not said this once or twice but many, many times. This is why I don't want to get back into "participating" in the forums. Real conversation is not possible. Every dissent from atheism becomes an occasion for y'all to exercise your scatalogical wit or vent your bile but not engage your brains.

That is why a fair number of people here (most no longer post) have contacted me privately over the last year. They know better than to ask real questions or express interest in religion or express some doubt about atheism here. You might just as well jump naked into a rattlesnake pit...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:42 AM   #130
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Lilyy wrote
Well, well, well, that harpy Openhatch is here too! Can't find any undergraduates to terrorize? Your luck is really out. You can't find any theists to terrorize, either. :lol::lol::lol:
Eva and Kate, what did I tell you? That dusty old fart is completely predictable. See, once you know that you're dealing with a borderline, you can manage them quite effectively. Actually, I'm somewhat surprised at how much she cares, because I didn't expect to goad her into juvenile attempts at name calling with just one little insignificant post! Sweet! It was almost too easy.

I TOTALLY love this forum.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #131
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't take the bet :D

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:53 AM   #132
postbicameral

Break-up speech with the forum after the love goes bad:

Forum, I "love" you, but I'm not "In Love" with you. We've had some good times, but sometimes people just grow apart. It's not you, really... it me. I'm sorry, but you deserve better than what I can give you... I want to see you grow and be happy, and you'll never find that with me. Maybe we can still be friends...

[EDIT: grammer]
Old 06-28-2006, 06:13 AM   #133
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Lilyy (may I call you Lilyy?), I think some of what you say has merit. When theists come slumming into the sewer, we are all over them like birds on Tippi Hedren. There are some -- Quaker, thomas, lurker, et al -- who must be made of sterner stuff, though, because they seem to engage in civil conversations with the unwashed rabble all the time. Well, maybe not 'civil' by your average community standards but still -- real conversation is possible. If you're interested, it requires being able to ignore the scatological wit et cetera -- or 'filter out the noise' as Tenspace might say.

Choobus asked a reasonable question. You said you would take a stab at it, then ignored it and told us again how you've told us some things again and again in the past. That's too bad, because I was interested in Herod's records too, and I had a follow-up question. But you're clearly not interested, and that's cool too. Even when a theist dodges questions, it gives us a better picture of what it takes to be a theist. (I just need to remind myself that not all theists are dissemblers; I'd hate to lean on generalizations.)

Meanwhile, since your Lilyy incarnation, you've iterated and reiterated this business of weighing "the evidence (honestly) and comes to a different conclusion about its persuasiveness than I have, I have no problem with that." At face value, that seems like a reasonable stance. But do you know anyone who fits this description?

My own email correspondences with Ravers -- from both sides of the spiritual aisle -- are engaging and edifying for all involved. The forums serve a different function -- in which ideas can accrue collectively -- but that only works if you accept that others actually have ideas worthy of your attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #134
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Kate wrote
Yeah, that's why I wouldn't take the bet :D
Come on Katie, it was only a nickel!!!:D

But is was a sure bet, indeed.

Hey how many would you say is "a fair number"? I don't think I've ever heard an operational definition for that term. Might is be as many as 50? or perhaps as few as zero? Or is it one of those imaginary numbers?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #135
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I'm guessing 2. That's a fair number. Enough to share, but not a crowd, like 3.

But "imaginary" plays in there, I'm sure.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote