Old 10-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #31
Choobus
I Live Here

Even choobus cannot comprhend the concept of choobus as a moderator.

that's like using poison ivy as toilet paper......

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #32
Rat Bastard

Quote:
ProveIt wrote
Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
You guys stop the "be mean to the bunny" talk! :o You found my Achille's heel! :(

Now about Tenspace's nomination...I'm having second thoughts. Do you know that bastard uses a MAC!!! How can we trust a MAC user? :mad:
Quote:
logarithm wrote
Quote:
Jennifer wrote
I think GS would sooner eat human fleash than eat a rabbit.
Well, pussy, anyway, like any other red-blooded male. ...mmm bunny tastes good. My favorite is hasen-pfeffer. Just cook until tender, with principally pepper as the seasoning. They are usually not too gamey if kept in your hutch in the back yard, or raised on a rabbit-ranch (no shit) in Oregon.
Okay, okay... last one... I actually grew up in Oregon and we had bunnies (that met a sad end). I haven't had bunny stew since I was little. I don't think that it is worth the sacrifice of such a small animal for so little meat (at least not the cute little furry animals...lol). When I finally get situated somewhere I'd like to get a bunny again... One that would be house trained and it must get along with my cats. Sorry G - I didn't really think that anyone would run with the whole bunny soup deal...

A mac??? Those are for people that aren't dedicated to giving their computers 'constant attention'. Man... I need a freakin mac
So you know about the bunny farms? I know a guy that owns one. The replace themselves as fast as youcan harvest 'em. I'll stop on the bunny pellets now, too.

Worst freakin' machine I ever wrote code on was a Mac! Bitch crashed several times a day. But then, it was Tempested, that probably got Stevie the Apple boy's nuts too hot!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #33
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
I posted this elsewhere, but it should have it's own thread, so here it is again...

As our Mods are MIA, we need a new mod (at least temporarily) to keep the spammers and trolls at bay. I nominate Tenspace for the position. If anyone has a problem with this (like you, Ten, if you don't want to do it), speak up, otherwise I'll email the RA this afternoon asking him to set it up.

Rhinoq
Well, I must ask tenspace a couple of questions: what your position on anal sex? Do you do anal? Is it ok to post comments that pertain to anal sex in some way?

And none of this supreme court posturing, we need to know this important information.
1. I don't like anal. Hey, a nice finger up the butt during a blowjob, sure, but my ass remains Exit Only. ==
2. I have no problems discussing the gamut of sexual enticements, but in their place.

Here is a typical example from "Atheist vs Theist":

Theist: "Hi, I'm a theist and I want to talk about Jesus."
Choobus: "Do you like anal? Is the Tongue of Jesus rimmed in brown?"
Theist: "All you atheists are alike. Crude and vulgar."
Choobus: "Fuck you, you insufferable cunt."

Now, I know Choob is smart; he's reflected that many times. I'd rather see:

Choobus: "I may or may not believe he really existed, but he certainly didn't perform miracles. And Virgin Birth? Give me a break! I'll betcha Mary lied after getting knocked up by the stable boy."
Theist: "But Jesus died for you!"

See the difference? in the second example, Choobus presented a hypothesis: that Immaculate Conception is really a coverup for infidelity. Since the theist didn't respond with healthy debate, I'd have no problem with Choob telling him to fuck off.

Here's my position (it would take a physical reorganization of the boards): Save the vulgarity for threads designated "Adult". Avoid vulgarity in the regular threads. Only use it when it becomes necessary to either prove a point or for shock factor. We're so profane, everywhere on the boards, that punch of a good cussing rant is lost.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #34
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
You guys stop the "be mean to the bunny" talk! :o You found my Achille's heel! :(

Now about Tenspace's nomination...I'm having second thoughts. Do you know that bastard uses a MAC!!! How can we trust a MAC user? :mad:
Dude, I'd never eat a rabbit. And I haven't owned a Mac in eight years (oddly, I gave up owning Macs at the same time I gave up religion).

But I have modded more boards for more users than probably anyone here. Not bragging, just stating that I have board experience that stretches back to the '80s Bulletin Board systems.

I think a combination, like me and Eva, with Chris "on top", so to speak, would create a healthy moderator situation. I would also consider sharing my phone number with one or two of you, for emergency reporting when I may not be near a computer.

My final thoughts: In nine months, I've seen this board grow tremendously. There's been a changing of the guard. We've lost longtime theists, as well as several regular atheist contributors. I think our maturity level has dropped considerably, nearing the threshold of inanity. I don't want to go there. I have nothing against the humor, vulgarity, or bizarreness, but I hope you all agree that these things have their place, and shouldn't run amok throughout all the forum threads. I would like to bring our public face back to a standard where we wouldn't be shunned by the media for vulgar immaturity.

Because, believe me, it's coming. I've been involved with many Internet projects, and we are close to reaching a phase transition, where hundreds of members are joining every week. But we're losing the inertia that's taking us there, because of the lack of maturity by a few of you. I don't want this to be a stale, boring place. But I would definitely like to see the bulk of the threads remain a bit cleaner.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #35
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Aristarchus wrote
Tenspace isn't a moderater already?!? When I first came here, I thought he was THE Raving Atheist, until I learned that the RA is anti-choice (pro-life). If the RA is a poster on the forums themselves I don't know who it is. But as for Tenspace, he is already a prime figure, so my vote is for him. Or Goulslime. Or Choobus. Or Calpurnpiso. All of those would be hillariously wierd.
Ghoulslime and Moderation? The thought is touching, and a single tear rolls down my cheek, but a moderator should be someone who is…well…moderate. While in real life, Ghoulslime is a totally white hat guy when it comes to computers, here, I’d like to be a nasty guy most of the time.

A kiss on your nose for the sentiment just the same!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #36
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Dude, I'd never eat a rabbit. And I haven't owned a Mac in eight years (oddly, I gave up owning Macs at the same time I gave up religion).
Hmmm God three letters - Mac three letters... How do you feel about other three letter words? Pen, Pig, Pin, (harder to think of on the spot than I had first imagined... I seem to be stuck on 'P' ahhh, and Pee...? :) )

Quote:
Aristarchus wrote
Tenspace isn't a moderater already?!? When I first came here, I thought he was THE Raving Atheist, until I learned that the RA is anti-choice (pro-life). If the RA is a poster on the forums themselves I don't know who it is. But as for Tenspace, he is already a prime figure, so my vote is for him. Or Goulslime. Or Choobus. Or Calpurnpiso. All of those would be hillariously wierd.
The RA is pro life? Really? I'm pro choice. Yet another reason I refuse to wear a label I suppose...

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Because, believe me, it's coming. I've been involved with many Internet projects, and we are close to reaching a phase transition, where hundreds of members are joining every week. But we're losing the inertia that's taking us there, because of the lack of maturity by a few of you. I don't want this to be a stale, boring place. But I would definitely like to see the bulk of the threads remain a bit cleaner.
If we truly are going to grow (by the hundreds) I welcome it... But could we increase the number of threads and categories? I have a hard enough time keeping up with the reading of five additional pages in each post when people start debating and I've been away for an hour... there were 35 people in here the the other day... Unless you are sitting in front of the screen watching in real time, when you come back it's difficult to catch up... (sometimes even when watching in real time depending on the copy/paste posts)

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
ProveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #37
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ProveIt wrote
Hey G... He is just resting though... right?
Yeah, just rolling around in the sun.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 10-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #38
Aristarchus

Quote:
ProveIt wrote
Quote:
Aristarchus wrote
The RA is pro life? Really? I'm pro choice. Yet another reason I refuse to wear a label I suppose...
Okay, so now I know who the RA is for the first time. ;) Also, I apologize if labeled you differently than you do yourself. From what I have read of yours my stance is definitely different in ways. But then again, I'm a bit of a bleeding-heart liberal, except that I'm bent on population control. The two seem to contradict eachother at first, but I'm not very schizophilosophic. Your idiosyncratic views (which we all have) do seem to be derived from logic and reasonability, which I respect.

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
We're so profane, everywhere on the boards
Very true. I laugh at it every time, but no longer do I find myself left with interesting ideas to ponder for the day after reading the forums. We seem to be "raving" in more of a "venting" sort of way than in an "eager-to-discuss" sort of way, which cannot last.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:06 PM   #39
Lurker

Ten,
If you manage to clean it up then you might actually get some decent theists in here. For some that's the last thing they want - more theists (Oh Noooo!). Doesn't matter to me, but I think you're chasing away good atheists too - like OC. The front page of RA is more like the forum of old so I plan on staying there for now. Have fun.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #40
TheSnake

Lurker, glad to see that you've not entirely disappeared.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #41
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lurker wrote
Ten,
If you manage to clean it up then you might actually get some decent theists in here. For some that's the last thing they want - more theists (Oh Noooo!). Doesn't matter to me, but I think you're chasing away good atheists too - like OC. The front page of RA is more like the forum of old so I plan on staying there for now. Have fun.
Gulp! :o The voices! The Voices are back again!

Old 10-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #42
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Here is a typical example from "Atheist vs Theist":

Choobus: "Do you like anal? Is the Tongue of Jesus rimmed in brown?"
Theist: "All you atheists are alike. Crude and vulgar."

Now, I know Choob is smart; [proof that tenspace is off his rocker) he's reflected that many times. I'd rather see:

Choobus: "I may or may not believe he really existed, but he certainly didn't perform miracles. And Virgin Birth? Give me a break! I'll betcha Mary lied after getting knocked up by the stable boy."
Theist: "But Jesus died for you!"

See the difference? in the second example, Choobus presented a hypothesis: that Immaculate Conception is really a coverup for infidelity. Since the theist didn't respond with healthy debate, I'd have no problem with Choob telling him to fuck off.

Here's my position (it would take a physical reorganization of the boards): Save the vulgarity for threads designated "Adult". Avoid vulgarity in the regular threads. Only use it when it becomes necessary to either prove a point or for shock factor. We're so profane, everywhere on the boards, that punch of a good cussing rant is lost.
you make an almost fair point. I generally do not go for the colon right off the bat unless the original post is total bollocks. however, I can play nice, for a little while at least. I will give these godidiots a chance to come up with a decent argument before I tell them the good news, fair enough?

by the way, that young looking girl was plenty old enough and not even close to being illegal. She's one of those shaven raven types. I could demonstrate it by posting more pics, but that would probably be unwise.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #43
miata

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
I posted this elsewhere, but it should have it's own thread, so here it is again...

As our Mods are MIA, we need a new mod (at least temporarily) to keep the spammers and trolls at bay. I nominate Tenspace for the position. If anyone has a problem with this (like you, Ten, if you don't want to do it), speak up, otherwise I'll email the RA this afternoon asking him to set it up.

Rhinoq
He is on the mark and I agree with your suggestion.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #44
vsxd903s

Congrats Ten on your new Mod status.

\"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn\'t argue with that; I\'m right and I will be proved right. We\'re more popular than Jesus now; I don\'t know which will go first - rock \'n\' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It\'s them twisting it that ruins it for me.\" --John Lennon
vsxd903s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:44 PM   #45
Switch25

Yes, congratulations Ten!