Old 06-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #16
Sigma

Quote:
No, don't elevate me to deity status. I do thank you all for choosing me for Rant of the Week.
Alright, but would it be ok if I made a giant golden statue of you and worshipped at it's feet.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #17
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
DJ KAPUT wrote
Quote:
No, don't elevate me to deity status. I do thank you all for choosing me for Rant of the Week.
Alright, but would it be ok if I made a giant golden statue of you and worshipped at it's feet.
Yes, that is perfectly acceptable. But not real gold. Use Hanukah Gelt. It's much easier to smelt and mold. :)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
Sigma

You're the boss.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #19
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Does anyone here have such a low regard for their own foot that they would get it filthy by application to the rank behind of P-Dunn?

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #20
Facehammer

Whoa, Ten. That was amazing. I haven't seen vitriol like that since pwned.nl. Colour me impressed.

If I had the means and time, I'd hunt Francis down and mash his legs to a bloody pulp of mangled flesh and shards of bone with a big, spiky mace for you.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #21
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Facehammer wrote
Whoa, Ten. That was amazing. I haven't seen vitriol like that since pwned.nl. Colour me impressed.

If I had the means and time, I'd hunt Francis down and mash his legs to a bloody pulp of mangled flesh and shards of bone with a big, spiky mace for you.
Thanks... hmmm... maybe... you could create a shitlord monster in an MMORPG and call it Francis. Then you could use like a +3 mace blessed with Commodium, which causes parts of the shitlord to be flushed into an alternate dimension with each hit.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:44 AM   #22
Rocketman the Sequel

hey ten,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. let me know where I can buy a Jam-L CD and I'm on it.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #23
Rocketman the Sequel

By the way--where was this thread--I need to see the lead up to that rant.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #24
EvelKnievel

Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
By the way--where was this thread--I need to see the lead up to that rant.
http://ravingatheist.com/forum/viewt...122485#p122485

I did a search for "SHITSTAIN ON HUMANITY"
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #25
SteveG

Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
hey ten,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. let me know where I can buy a Jam-L CD and I'm on it.
Or...

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Yes, times are really tough right now. I'm not one to ask, but if anyone wants to help... well, the PayPal address is david@strangereality.com.:)
...We could all just pitch in and try to make a difference.

Just wanted to bump this up and bring it to everyone's attention on the chance that it was missed.

I want to suggest that for Ten to expose himself like this and ask for help in the forum, it likely means he really needs a hand. Probably wasn't an easy thing to do, so please, let's not ignore it.

I'd like to make a plea that we all reach for our wallets and help out a friend in need.

In truth, there are only two kinds of people; those who accept dogma and know it, and those who accept dogma and don't know it.
G.K. Chesterton
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #26
FishFace

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
Facehammer wrote

Thanks... hmmm... maybe... you could create a shitlord monster in an MMORPG and call it Francis. Then you could use like a +3 mace blessed with Commodium, which causes parts of the shitlord to be flushed into an alternate dimension with each hit.
I think I shall smite him with a blessed, rustproof, greased +6 warhammer named Mjollnir.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #27
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Has Francis been around since? I can't remember seeing anything of his since Ten's rant.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #28
atotalstranger

Nope. I guess he fulfilled his god's mission of acting better toward his fellow human beings.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #29
LogicMan

Quote:
atotalstranger wrote
Nope. I guess he fulfilled his god's mission of acting better toward his fellow human beings.
Sadly it is more likely he has achieved enough of a goal. That goal being messing with an atheist enough to get them to lose their temper.

People who can not understand things from a scientific (objective, tested etc.) perspective are not going to seek the spreading of correct (factual) knowledge.

The goal of someone, who wishes to spread that which has no basis in reality, is only seeking to disturb (destabilize) another person's thought process. It is that instability that allows for the insertion and acceptance of that which has no basis in reality.

If that is not possible; then irritating that person is a consolation.

What I have personally found to be humorous (at least most of the time) is that a person, such as Fransis, has no intellectual foundation that can allow him to see broad base context. It is why people like him can be an engineer or auto mechanic (two skill sets requiring specific knowledge), and yet, be unable to cope with the fallacy of religion (gods etc.).

This leaves only two things for Francis, to be victorious at, when debating you guys (As stated above). Again that is either destabilize your thought process, or to piss you off enough to get you to explode. If the latter occurs, he will point out to others how his opponent got upset because he can not deal with his arguments. Remember he can't get a reality based victory, only a false image of being victorious. He can point out this fallacious achievement, only to those who are similarly bereft of the knowledge required to dismiss such things.
If he finds someone who's intellect is not developed enough he knows he can push his religion.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #30
brad89

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Just wanted to bump this up and bring it to everyone's attention on the chance that it was missed.

I want to suggest that for Ten to expose himself like this and ask for help in the forum, it likely means he really needs a hand. Probably wasn't an easy thing to do, so please, let's not ignore it.

I'd like to make a plea that we all reach for our wallets and help out a friend in need.
I agree. I really wish I could help him out, but I work a crap janitor job at Famous Barr. I get, like, an average of 50 a freaking week. Anything extra, I'd love to chip in. I'm really sorry, Ten, just want you to know, we didn't forget about it or anything. But big money from me is, like, 5 bucks. It's rather pathetic.