Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #166
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
HopOnPop wrote View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Eternal, I'll try and post some kind of intro on the "Intro" board today or tomorrow for general perusal and lampooning.

Quote:
orangeitis wrote View Post
I think Egor got bored of trolling...
Hopefully the repeated battering of rational points being thrown at him may have cracked the christian shell that cocoons his brain and let a little logic seep in. (I know it's not very likely though).

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #167
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

EGOr only returned here, with a deliberately provocative post as well, to drum up traffic for his blog which was dying a pitiful drawn out death. He hit all the forums at the same time too, even getting another desired ban from one. I doubt it has worked as even EGOr's particular brand of crazy wears thin and becomes pretty boring after a while.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #168
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #169
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I heard rumblings about his blog before. If anything that dribbles from his medicated brain here resembles his blog it is no wonder it is dying a death. I will not look at it even to take the piss, as i refuse to give him viewer.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #170
Davin
Obsessed Member

He declares victory and misrepresents arguments more frequently than he does here, but pretty much the same thing.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #171
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I'm glad I didn't bother then. I will make a point to never mention it again just to try to drum up a lack of traffic for him.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #172
Egor

I haven't been here because A. I've been answering questions about Veridicanism in a real atheist forum, and B. I've been doing some very heavy philosophical lifting, if you will. I've been shown, by God, how He is both monistic and dualistic in nature, and while that is paradoxical, while that is a square circle, it is nonetheless true, and the demonstration of it is so easy, I don't know how I never saw it for the last twenty years.

But it's the same way with the Gospels. They contain these huge mysteries and incredible depth of meaning only to find that when they are revealed to you, they were right in front of you all the time. It is to say the least mind-blowing.

The good news is this recent revelation ties together one of the most daunting aspects of the Gospel I have always encountered: that Jesus spoke both monistically and dualistically about God. Now, it appears that's exactly how it should be. It's absolutely amazing. And fortunately for me with the release of The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ due out in about a week, there is nothing about these new philosophical revelations that will harm that publication.

But Veridicanism is going to have to change. It is based on the idea that God is monistic in nature and that everything is God and only God exists, everything else being a kind of illusory modality of that substance. But that's not really true, because God is monistic and dualistic at the same time. Everything is made of the substance of God, but even so, nothing is God.

This directly affects the first tenet, and because the second tenet followed from the first, it affects the second tenet of Veridicanism. Fortunately, if you were to look at Veridican.com, those are the only two things affected. The theory of heaven and hell remains (and actually required a dualistic God anyway), the spiritual practices of animal care, physical fitness, and pursuit of purpose remain and the Salvation Creed is unaffected, but the two foundational tenets have to change. And I'm not sure how.

I haven't even been posting in my blog, because I've been planning my next book. Granted, I wrote The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ back in 2005, so it was just a matter of publishing it, and it has to come first. But the next book, unfortunately is going to have to have a lot more substance than I was planning on it having. It has to lay the groundwork of Veridicanism, and that means taking the reader by the hand from the very beginning of Creation, up to the best way to become one with the spirit of Christ. But my goal is to have that book out this year. Then I can go on to publishing the fast food spirituality stuff that might actually sell a copy or two.

So, that's why I haven't been in here much and why you can hear crickets chirping in my blog.

What have you all been doing? Oh, never mind, I see...you've been talking about me.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #173
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Great, a religious book that is wrong before it's even published. You certainly have got a lot in common with the main religions.

I will be sure to never visit your website.

What exactly is a proper atheist forum? Don't you just mean an atheist forum that is populated by far more polite people who don't get as pissed when you fail to answer their questions? That's one of the many beauties of atheism, it encompasses a whole variety of people. Seriously, there are all sorts of people that have not been affected by the stupid.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #174
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Is god also Triplicate or quadraplegic?

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #175
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Wasn't this thread originally about your version of Hell? I believe that there are still plenty of unaddressed points and questions. Or are we just ignoring the things you can't answer and changing this thread to a self promotion one.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #176
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Is god also Triplicate or quadraplegic?
That means he can rape three or four virgins at the same time, right?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #177
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
Wasn't this thread originally about your version of Hell? I believe that there are still plenty of unaddressed points and questions. Or are we just ignoring the things you can't answer and changing this thread to a self promotion one.
This thread certainly is his version of hell! What a complete waste of time listening to this lunatic blabber on! Somebody let me know if he ever answers any of our questions. I've stopped reading his drivel.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #178
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I haven't been here because A. I've been answering questions about Veridicanism in a real atheist forum, blah blah blah blah blah

I don't know about anyone else, but I stopped caring as soon as I found out I wasn't a real atheist.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #179
Michael
Obsessed Member

Although I guess I do have one question:
Having seen the ridiculous number of changes "veridicanism" has gone through just in the lsat 6 months, do you honestly expect anyone to convert to something that clearly doesn't even know what it actually is? Nobody is going to join a cult that says "god is this..." if they know you're just as likely after they convert to turn around and say "actually no, god is this.....".
I mean, I'm no doctor, but it seems like a pretty basic staple of human emotions that people want stability, and you would think that god would understand this, and not jerk everyone around like this by making you change your mind every 20 seconds.

It's a really big clue that 'god'* is just making this up as you go along.

*make no mistake, I am definitely indicating that you are a) not actually hearing from god at all, and b) think yourself some sort of 'god' to be followed.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #180
West491
Obsessed Member

Didn't you know Mike? 'Real atheists' agree with him.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote