Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #76
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Or Stan Lee

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #77
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Still don't see any source material from you.

If you didn't have such a penchant for lying, you wouldn't need to search for a fellow believer to endorse your rants.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #78
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
If you didn't have such a penchant for lying, you wouldn't need to search for a fellow believer to endorse your rants.
Avoid the question all you like, it won't fool anyone.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #79
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
"If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced." - Percy Bysshe Shelley
If Percy had had half a brain, he would have observed that the vast majority DO believe.

Ever considered a wedding planner career?

"Alternatively, you can get yourself a wedding planner, which is the wedding equivelant of debt consolidation. Rather than dealing with various different arseholes of varying levels of arseholery, you can get yourself one 18-carat, stone cold wanker." - Ed Byrne

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #80
Davin
Obsessed Member

Aawwww, how cute, Sinfidel is trying to insult people.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #81
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
If Percy had had half a brain, he would have observed that the vast majority DO believe.

Ever considered a wedding planner career?

"Alternatively, you can get yourself a wedding planner, which is the wedding equivelant of debt consolidation. Rather than dealing with various different arseholes of varying levels of arseholery, you can get yourself one 18-carat, stone cold wanker." - Ed Byrne
Thanks, Sinfidel. I already have a very satisfactory career.

Please type the source material for your views in your next post. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #82
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Please do share with us which religion is followed by the vast majority of people.

Let's see, there are 7 billion people, so a vast majority would be, what, at least 5 billion?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #83
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
The majority do believe WHAT?

If you had half a brain, you could observe the multiplicity of contradictory things that are attributed to an alleged God.

There are thousands upon thousands of differing beliefs on that score. So there is no consensus on what has allegedly been spoken by an alleged God. As Mr. Shelly observed, the world is not convinced.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #84
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Aawwww, how cute, Sinfidel is trying to insult people.
Surprise, eh- - and here you lot of wankers thought you had a copyright on insults!

Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #85
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Surprise, eh- - and here you lot of wankers thought you had a copyright on insults!
Nah, we never thought we had the copyright, it's just adorable how childish yours are.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #86
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
No, we didn't think we had a copyright on insults. You are the one who initiated the insults, and I don't understand why you're insulting a whole group of people who did not attack you first.

What is your problem?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #87
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

I think it is my fault. I answered a post of his by citing two news stories.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Locally, a large city block is entirely occupied by two old protestant churches. Largely unused most of the time, their mostly elderly dwindling congregations show up dutifully on Sundays. But, that doesn't mean that religion is dying. Go to the suburbs and see the new mega-churches filled to the brim for services by "holy rollers", who, instead of kneeling and moaning what poor decrepit rotten no good sinners they are, flaunt their latest fashions and yell "Amen" when the preacher tells 'em God wants them to be rich, (but him first).
Religion isn't dying, just changing, as everything inevitably does. Seen any hula-hoops lately? The shaved head has replaced those Beatle locks. The public, with it's short attention span, eventually get's tired of the same old rituals, sorrowful hymns, wheezy organ music, and cold stone churches.
But growing fastest is the ruling class's dream - Islam, the ultimate Borg mind control. Try to leave, and you're on the fatwa list! What better way to dominate the masses! The Brotherhood has taken Egypt, and Syria is next.
As for religion waning, I seem to recall recently a pregnant woman being murdered in an Irish Hospital under Catholic rule.
Gee, I thought that "Great Britain" was a "democracy"! ROTFL.
Atheism on the rise in the USA? Are you kidding? Is there anyone running for office who doesn't at least pretend to be a praying believer. And that new Kentucky law - proclaim belief in God, or jail for a year. And the State Supreme court refuses to intervene in a law that obviously is unconstitutional. And the state legislatures go merrily on their way outlawing labour unions.

What is the BBC feeding you?
To which I replied

And then....

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Such a long winded, well thought rebuttal - must've taken hours to write - all original, too!

So, then

Quote:
At least I can back up what I'm saying with sourced material. Where is yours?

And things went downhill from there.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #88
Irreligious
I Live Here

Much as I like you, Stargazer, I don't have an issue with Sinfidel disagreeing with you. Or with me, as an individual.

What I want to know is, why does Sinfidel consistently react to criticism or disagreement by attacking the entire forum or other atheists, in general?

Who does that? Only would-be martyrs, in my experience.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #89
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Much as I like you, Stargazer, I don't have an issue with Sinfidel disagreeing with you. Or with me, as an individual.

What I want to know is, why does Sinfidel consistently react to criticism or disagreement by attacking the entire forum or other atheists, in general?

Who does that? Only martyrs.
I don't have a problem with him/her disagreeing with me either. But I think I touched off some especial nastiness with the above.

As to your question, I suppose we'll have to wait for Sinfidel's explanation.

Last edited by Stargazer; 12-19-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #90
psychodiva
I Live Here

gonna wait a long time I reckon - he / it still hasn't explained the little diatribe directed to me for no fucking reason other than being disagreed with - of course I have a few ideas in my head but then that's par for the course with me

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote