Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 AM   #16
Victus
Obsessed Member

3. We have a murderous track record.

4. We constantly bring up Hitler's Christianity, the Crusades, and/or the Spanish Inquisition.

I thought it was funny that these two were so close to one another.

5. We proselytize almost as much as Jehovah Witnesses

Finding an atheist is practically a nonevent for those who aren't looking. Seriously, during my investigation into the matter as a child my parents told me the term was "Ape-ist", and I had never experienced anything to contradict that.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #17
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Quote:
antix wrote
Quote:
JU Mike wrote
Quote:
Some fundy wrote:
Athiests are easily exploited because they don't know why they believe what they believe. For this reason, their gullibility, they are not respected or trusted. Under the right circumstances you can convince them to do any disgusting thing. They appear clueless, and they are.

They aren't even aware that they don't know the why of their faith.
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this guy is saying? This looks like poor sentence structure, and poor english.
The Jeetard is trying to imply that we athests are gullible because we don't believe in fairy-tales as reality. After all, belief in the Living dead because the preacher says so isn't gullible at all. Nosiree. And that's why godidiots hate us so much, because of this (ill-defined) gullibility.

Also he's trying to imply that we can be talked into doing things like kill someone because we don't know why it's wrong. Kicking puppies because it's fun, or eating babies because they are tender and deliscious. And since we are so gullible as to not believe in the living dead, we can be conned into doing any of these things.

As for that last sentence: "They aren't even aware that they don't know the why of their faith." It makes my head hurt because I am smashing it on my desk as result of knowing that someone was actually retarded enough to spew forth the complete and utter nonsense of these words.
I'm gullible! :wall: Damn i wish I believed in big foot so that I could be a true skeptic! But I guess I'm just not smart enough :(
JU Mike is offline   Reply With Quote