Old 12-24-2011, 05:24 AM   #661
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Merkin Jeetards on the wane.

(But it also looks like there are people who no longer call themselves "Christian" but they now call themselves "born again." I have a feeling they just couldn't read the survey.)

Being a born again Christian is like getting a second concussion. You don't get any smarter ...
Rarely is the question asked, Did you bump your head?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #662
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Rarely is the question asked, Did you bump your head?
Well, well - almost as if we knew all along eh?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #663
Eva
Super Moderator

so, we can only conclude that atheism leads to an increase in size of the hippocampus. It makes all the fucking sense to me.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #664
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Doncha just lurve it when they self destruct at volume!

Quote:
A gospel church has been fined after neighbours complained about its services being too noisy.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #665
clambake
shred

Ah, that brings back fond memories of the rental house in State ClowntownCollege PA (aka Penn State) with the Baptist church next door. We didn't prank them too much but we were the first to appropriate the "Reserved for the Pastor" parking sign that naturally ended up on one of our porcelain thrones. It was replaced a few more times and even set in concrete before they finally gave up. Even we were impressed when someone took the concrete one.

One fine sunny Sunday morning I was making my donation at said throne listening to the music and choir as usual. Suddenly I heard an upstairs window open and for the next couple of minutes enjoyed Kenny's hilarious and entirely tongue in cheek rant about the noise and trying to sleep off a hangover. It was apparently loud enough that they closed their windows after that.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote