Old 05-09-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

I think a lot of people would be interested in reading what's in this book:

SECRETS and LIES
Exposing the World of Cover-Ups and Deception

by David Southwell (a British investigative journalist)

Cover Blurb:
"The only way those with power in the world - governments, media barons, armies, megacorporations, the religious, medical and scientific institutions - stay in control is by keeping secrets from, and lying to everyone else.

Secrets and Lies offers you the chance to learn 200 fascinating and forbidden facts in 20 gripping categories including politics, war, celebrities, drugs, the media, and secret societies.

Featuring up-to-date information, much of which has not appeared in print before, David Southwell has developed this unique collection of exposes lies, suppressed information and illicit facts by building on the groung-breaking investigative journalists and his own sources in MI5, organized crime, and among fellow political insiders.

The history of the world is a history of lies and secrets, but now you can read the facts and arm yourself with the hard evidence. It's time to stop being a sheep and discover the truth that those in power fear will set you free"

One quick fun fact - Francis Crick realised (and first visualised) the structure of DNA whilst taking LSD.

I wanted to point this book out because it appears NOT to be available in the USA (it as absent from both amazon.com and bn.com)

It *can* be bought here at Amazon.co.uk

Quote:
Amazon.co.uk reviewer wrote
I defy anyone not to read this book and learn something new about the reality of the world they live in. Not only does Southwell cover many famous incidents and people, but he also shines a much needed light on areas that the mainstream media rarely will.

Broken down into interesting and relevant chapters “Secrets and Lies” shows you just how much your daily life is controlled and spun. “War, Politics and Science” are all investigated early on and much of what the author has to say will surprise and disturb you! Chapter 14’s “Technology” will make you think carefully about what you put in E-mails and just how safe what you do and use in daily life is!

As well as being very informative, David’s writing is laced with a healthy does of humour that shows that sometimes even the darkest secret once exposed can end up showing the guilty as bad jokes themselves. Like me you bound to wonder just how he has been able to expose so much without the Powers that be shutting him down.

I f you are at all interested in seeing behind the veil of “accepted truth”, enjoy asking questions or just want to be entertained by a thought-provoking read then this is a must!
It does not cover the manufacture of Christianity.
Happily Joseph Atwill reveals a great deal of this in Caesar's Messiah.
(Both books were published in 2005)

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote