Old 08-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Milton99
New Member!

I found a neat book to teach kids the basics of Evolution

I'm always looking to keep my kiddos inspired, and I think education is a big part of that. Who agrees? Just found a neat and adorable kid's book that teaches them about science and the basics of evolution! It looks awesome! Check it out below and help out if you've got a quick minute: http://kck.st/1JfmLrJ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ok-on-evolutio
Milton99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I suppose it is on-topic spam, so we won't throw too much of a hissy fit.
Let's look forward to him/she/it contributing a lot more to the raving of this heathen abode.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
Michael
Obsessed Member

Wow! How amazing that you happened to find that "amazing" book around the same time you happened to sign up to our forum, and used your first and no doubt only post to tell us all about it!
It's not suspicious at all! You're totally not trying to sell us your bullshit! Nope! You're definitely real!

Fuck off with your bullshit. I cannot fucking stand people who come to use discussion forums only like they're free advertising, and don't give a shit about the "discussion" part. We're nothing more than fodder for you to use for your personal gain.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I suppose it is on-topic spam, so we won't throw too much of a hissy fit.
Let's look forward to him/she/it contributing a lot more to the raving of this heathen abode.
I will. Fuck this bullshit.

It's a serious peeve of mine when people do this.

Not sure why, though.

Edit: actually, I know why, but it's long and it's ranty.

- selliedjoup
Old 08-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
Milton99
New Member!

Sorry I upset you Michael, I sure didn't mean to! I backed this book after I found out about it on Reddit, and I wanted to help in any way I could. So I thought it'd be great to share on this forum, as it's on-topic. But I didn't have an account, so of course I had to make one, lol. So that's all I have to say on it - but again, I am sorry for upsetting you!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Milton99 wrote View Post
Sorry I upset you Michael, I sure didn't mean to! I backed this book after I found out about it on Reddit, and I wanted to help in any way I could. So I thought it'd be great to share on this forum, as it's on-topic. But I didn't have an account, so of course I had to make one, lol. So that's all I have to say on it - but again, I am sorry for upsetting you!
Nah, I only get upset when people spam-and-run, which your post is highly suspicious of being (as in I highly suspect this is your kick-starter, and you thought you could just give a quick promo of "hey guys look what I 'found'", and then disappear again). Stick around and post and it's not a big problem.

I just really hate people trying to commodify forum users without putting any work into contributing to said forum.

This place may be fairly dead, but the principal works. People put concerted time and effort into creating content to attract and retain a user base, only to have someone piggy-back that effort for the express purpose of turning that user base into a commdity they can use for their own gains, with little interest in contributing to or respect for the process that built that user base in the first place.

It's incredibly disrespectful to everyone involved.

- selliedjoup
Old 08-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #7
Milton99
New Member!

Understandable. While I do prefer to lurk, as joining in or offering up discussion can lead to misunderstandings and arguments as seen here, I'll definitely try to make an effort to join in more often. And nope, not my Kickstarter, just a backer. Although I did host one of my own a while ago that didn't do well, lol. But that's irrelevant. So yeah, I'll try to speak up more and make myself seen. No problem.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Don't worry, Michael's got his jock-strap in a bunch coz his cricket team got shat on this week ..... again.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
Michael
Obsessed Member

At least it didn't end up a two-dayer. And if the series so far is anything to go by, we're a shoo-in to win the next one by about 3 innings.

- selliedjoup
Old 08-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #10
Milton99
New Member!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
Hobotronic2037

one thing's for sure, with this post at least the jerryJohn thread of fuckwittery and dumbshittery no longer tops the general discussion list. At least for a few blessed hours.

I wonder how his "cruising the gayman islands" tour is going.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #12
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I've got a feeling it might be the Virgin Islands.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #13
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I've got a feeling it might be the Virgin Islands.
More likely he and the "family" are watching reruns of Gilligan's Island.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
More likely he and the "family" are watching reruns of Gilligan's Island.
Lol. He's in his moms basement, jerking it to Bob Denver and wishing he was Herve Villechaize.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #15
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Milton99 wrote View Post
I'm always looking to keep my kiddos inspired, and I think education is a big part of that. Who agrees? Just found a neat and adorable kid's book that teaches them about science and the basics of evolution! It looks awesome! Check it out below and help out if you've got a quick minute: http://kck.st/1JfmLrJ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ok-on-evolutio
TOO LATE! THis guy came around last month, and signed us all up.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote