Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Banditt
New Member!

My TV-show idea

I have seen different numbers, but I will use one that is fairly common: There is estimated to be about 133000 different active religions in the world today.

My idea is kinda a "Big brother" ripoff with one fanatic from each faith gathered in the same space. So you got 133000 fanatics with 133000 different beliefs having to spend time together. I imagine a few interesting situations would emerge.

Its unrealistic something like this ever would be done, even on a much smaller scale - but if it were done, I would watch it!
Banditt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
antix
Obsessed Member

133000 shall enter, 1 shall leave.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Could there be secret weapon stashes as well, together with propaganda tasks and awards for the most devout.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Not to detract from your fine TV idea, I recommend that you round up ALL of the adherents to those 133000 religions and carry them out to sea on barges then scuttle the barges. I would video the whole thing from blimps.

Some might call this genocide though it is not selective on anyone's heritage (present beliefs only) and it is not ethnic cleansing because it is not based on ethnicity. This solution to the stupidity of the hugh majority of people on the planet, drowning en mass, is highly recommended in several of the sacred texts these people claim to revere.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Not to detract from your fine TV idea, I recommend that you round up ALL of the adherents to those 133000 religions and carry them out to sea on barges then scuttle the barges. I would video the whole thing from blimps.

Some might call this genocide though it is not selective on anyone's heritage (present beliefs only) and it is not ethnic cleansing because it is not based on ethnicity. This solution to the stupidity of the hugh majority of people on the planet, drowning en mass, is highly recommended in several of the sacred texts these people claim to revere.
I guess we wouldn't have worry about overpopulation for a while after we get rid of that many people.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Banditt
New Member!

Maybe we should pull our resources together and invent some kind of hyper-deadly virus that only affects religious minds, and go Dr. Evil on the world.

Do some cleaning
Banditt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Banditt wrote View Post
Maybe we should pull our resources together and invent some kind of hyper-deadly virus that only affects religious minds, and go Dr. Evil on the world.

Do some cleaning
Your notion is not too far fetched. The holy water font in Catholic churches is an excellent vehicle for bacteria, fungi, virii and parasites targeting the faithful. God has almost made your idea become fact already. The key to making your virus selective of believers is their slavish obedience to empty rituals. For instance, if you convince them that ingesting meat from long-dead and rotting human corpses is a holy thing to do, grocery stores won't be able to keep up with the demand.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I thought religion was a mind virus?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote