Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 AM   #46
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
You wouldn't feel any pain from a bone trying to break the skin if those nerves aren't even in the skin yet, DoC. Don't you get it? In order to feel all this pain, you'd have to grow a nervous system faster than you are growing the rest of your limb. Also, our brain creates natural pain suppressants. You must notice that a couple of minutes after you hurt yourself, you experience less pain in that region. The fact is that you are making claims about limb regeneration that are unverified.

Tell me, how much pain did you feel growing your adult teeth after you lost your baby teeth?
We don't feel pain when we grow our adult teeth because God programmed our brain because that was his intelligent plan. Re-growing a second set of teeth (adult teeth) is natural. Regenerating an amputated leg is not. You would certainly grow a nervous system faster then the bone would grow. Bones take several years to form. A nervous system would grow at a much faster rate. And this would cause the excruciating pain I'm trying to explain to you!

An angel came to me and said; "Teach these people about God, and I will grant you a crown of life."
Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 AM   #47
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Disciple of Christ wrote View Post
We don't feel pain when we grow our adult teeth because God programmed our brain because that was his intelligent plan. Re-growing a second set of teeth (adult teeth) is natural. Regenerating an amputated leg is not. You would certainly grow a nervous system faster then the bone would grow. Bones take several years to form. A nervous system would grow at a much faster rate. And this would cause the excruciating pain I'm trying to explain to you!

An angel came to me and said; "Teach these people about God, and I will grant you a crown of life."
A bone takes several years to form? So it takes me years to heal from a broken bone? That's news to me.

Regenerating an amputated leg is natural if you were a salamander. So regenerating limbs are natural, just not for us. Seriously, do you have evidence that we'd regenerate our nervous system faster than we'd regenerate our bones? Any evidence at all? How do you think this regeneration would work? You think we'd generate this huge bag of skin and muscle, and then have it get filled by bones and nerves, bones being last? That's not how newts regenerate limbs, and its not how we would. It might be easier for a nerves to regenerate than it is for bones, but that doesn't mean that the nerves would come first.

(Of course all this is ignoring that your god could certainly make regenerating limbs painless whether the process was painful or not, so that alone makes your claim about why god won't heal amputees meaningless.)

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #48
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
An angel came to me ...
I'll wager this angel was in a bottle - with a strong aroma of barley.
You are indeed a trolling wind-up merchant of the lowest order.

Pillock.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #49
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I'll wager this angel was in a bottle - with a strong aroma of barley.
You are indeed a trolling wind-up merchant of the lowest order.

Pillock.
Nothing better to do than insult people online, huh? Is this your main hobby?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #50
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Nothing better to do than insult people online, huh? Is this your main hobby?
Only those deserving - and you fit the bill perfectly.

Wanker

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 AM   #51
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
A bone takes several years to form? So it takes me years to heal from a broken bone? That's news to me.

Regenerating an amputated leg is natural if you were a salamander. So regenerating limbs are natural, just not for us. Seriously, do you have evidence that we'd regenerate our nervous system faster than we'd regenerate our bones? Any evidence at all? How do you think this regeneration would work? You think we'd generate this huge bag of skin and muscle, and then have it get filled by bones and nerves, bones being last? That's not how newts regenerate limbs, and its not how we would. It might be easier for a nerves to regenerate than it is for bones, but that doesn't mean that the nerves would come first.

(Of course all this is ignoring that your god could certainly make regenerating limbs painless whether the process was painful or not, so that alone makes your claim about why god won't heal amputees meaningless.)
Yes! The nervous system would grow faster than the bone, and stop comparing a broken bone to an amputated leg.. That's not even close in comparison. I'm talking about re-growing an entire severed leg... The process would take several years! The limb regeneration of a salamander or many other lizard species would not endure nowhere near the amount of pain and torture it would take to regenerate a human leg.

FYI; God did not design the body and mind to regenerate amputated limbs. As I have had to explain to you repeatedly.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #52
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Only those deserving - and you fit the bill perfectly.

Wanker
Why do I deserve to be insulted by you.. Let's hear it.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 AM   #53
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Why do I deserve to be insulted by you...
You are a trolling twat - Fuck Off and annoy some other forum.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #54
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
You are a trolling twat - Fuck Off and annoy some other forum.
Well, that was pretty ignorant of you to say something like that about someone who you've never met in person. You're a very shallow individual.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 AM   #55
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Yup, that's me - shallow & ignorant.
You can report as many posts as you like - you're still a trolling twat.

Bollox

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #56
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #57
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Yup, that's me - shallow & ignorant.
You can report as many posts as you like - you're still a trolling twat.

Bollox
Name calling only proves you have either been defeated, or you are extremely childish with nothing better to do than insult people on the internet, but in any case, you are indeed shallow. And I think therapy will help you get a grip on reality.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #58
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
I think therapy will help you get a grip on reality.
Your worthless opinion is duly noted and ignored.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #59
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Your worthless opinion is duly noted and ignored.

My opinion on you is all that counts, and it stands true! You are indeed a very ignorant person. But in all seriousness, I should not cast judgement upon you.

Lord forgive me.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #60
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote