Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM   #61
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Disciple of Christ wrote View Post
Yes! The nervous system would grow faster than the bone, and stop comparing a broken bone to an amputated leg.. That's not even close in comparison. I'm talking about re-growing an entire severed leg... The process would take several years! The limb regeneration of a salamander or many other lizard species would not endure nowhere near the amount of pain and torture it would take to regenerate a human leg.

FYI; God did not design the body and mind to regenerate amputated limbs. As I have had to explain to you repeatedly.
However, your god could have if he wanted to. You worship a god that you consider omnipotent and omniscient, am I correct? I guess we have a god that is very selective about his omnipotence and omniscience. Lets face it, the only way regeneration would take several years would be if God wanted it to look natural... but that would take away from the whole argument right?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #62
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
However, your god could have if he wanted to. You worship a god that you consider omnipotent and omniscient, am I correct? I guess we have a god that is very selective about his omnipotence and omniscience. Lets face it, the only way regeneration would take several years would be if God wanted it to look natural... but that would take away from the whole argument right?
Yes, God is omniscient and omnipotent, but that still doesn't refute why he won't heal amputees. God made a plan and he does not intend to change it for anyone, including amputees. Being an amputee would be much better than having a broken soul.

Secondly, God is not going to make a leg, arm or finger appear overnight just to please you! Are you kidding me?? You are acting as if God must answer to you. That's not how it works. You are extremely confused.

And yes! If an amputated leg would regrow naturally, it would take years!

How many times must I repeat myself?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #63
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Yes, God is omniscient and omnipotent, but that still doesn't refute why he won't heal amputees. God made a plan and he does not intend to change it for anyone, including amputees. Being an amputee would be much better than having a broken soul.

Secondly, God is not going to make a leg, arm or finger appear overnight just to please you! Are you kidding me?? You are acting as if God must answer to you. That's not how it works. You are extremely confused.

And yes! If an amputated leg would regrow naturally, it would take years!

How many times must I repeat myself?
You can repeat yourself as long as you like. It still doesn't make what you said any more true or convincing. You're just spouting apologetic bullshit and everyone on this forum knows it. If you want to think God does more good putting on a light show for an Italian village than healing a few dozen amputees because it fits some asinine plan that for all you know doesn't help the human race at all but just himself, be my guest.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #64
Irreligious
I Live Here

Well, there you have it, folks. God won't heal amputees because he doesn't want to. Besides, regenerating a limb would hurt like the dickens, a lot more than roasting for eternity even.

Face it, Disciple of Nothing, your God won't do anything to concretely establish his existence or the existence of anything extra natural.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #65
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
You can repeat yourself as long as you like. It still doesn't make what you said any more true or convincing. You're just spouting apologetic bullshit and everyone on this forum knows it. If you want to think God does more good putting on a light show for an Italian village than healing a few dozen amputees because it fits some asinine plan that for all you know doesn't help the human race at all but just himself, be my guest.
In modern times, God has given mankind the knowledge to heal amputees throughout the entire world. Medical surgeons are re-attaching severed limbs almost on a daily basis, and those who are not so fortunate are left with an amputated limb, but modern technology goes a step further, and they created prosthetics for the amputee. And that amputee goes on to live a normal daily life. So I think God is working his miracles through modern technology. So I guess all in all, he is healing amputees without pain and suffering. Daniel 12:4 "Knowledge shall greatly increase in the final days, and people will run to and fro." -- This literally translates to, "There will be an explosion of knowledge." -- We are that generation!

God's sacred wisdom is infinite.

I have been sent to this forum by an angel of God.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #66
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #67
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Seriously, people! If lines like this don't definitively give it away, I don't know what will convince you that is a theist poser, here for the sole purpose of stirring shit.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #68
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
In modern times, God has given mankind the knowledge to heal amputees throughout the entire world. Medical surgeons are re-attaching severed limbs almost on a daily basis, and those who are not so fortunate are left with an amputated limb, but modern technology goes a step further, and they created prosthetics for the amputee. And that amputee goes on to live a normal daily life. So I think God is working his miracles through modern technology. So I guess all in all, he is healing amputees without pain and suffering. Daniel 12:4 "Knowledge shall greatly increase in the final days, and people will run to and fro." -- This literally translates to, "There will be an explosion of knowledge." -- We are that generation!

God's sacred wisdom is infinite.

You have not presented one shred of evidence that God gave mankind anything or that this entity exists at all. Severed limbs are attached by trained surgeons based on methods that required years of scientific inquiry. There was nothing miraculous about this process. You can think what you like, but the evidence for it is absent.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #69
Isilmë

Quote:
God will not reveal his sacred wisdom to someone who just lost a limb. I'm sorry, but you're terribly confused, that's not how God provides his love and compassion unto the earth. If God healed all amputees around the world without the pain and suffering it would take to re-grow the severed limb, unbelievers, skeptics and atheists would claim "It's a natural event caused by an evolutionary process, or no proof of God healing an amputee."
Utter bollocks.
Of course you have to go looking for him, you have to want to find him, just like if you want to find Allah you'll find him too.
Quote:
And it's not a "piss-poor" excuse, it's the truth! God did design the body to be susceptible to cancer and many other illnesses because sin and evil has taken over the earth.
Can you prove that?

Quote:
God is not going to put his creation through the agonizing torture it would take to regrow a severed body part. Be lucky God doesn't heal amputees.
Why did God design the body to make re-growing limbs so painful?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #70
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
Utter bollocks.
Of course you have to go looking for him, you have to want to find him, just like if you want to find Allah you'll find him too.
Can you prove that?

Why did God design the body to make re-growing limbs so painful?
I don't know why God designed the body to make re-growing limbs so painful. Why don't you ask him?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #71
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I don't know why God designed the body to make re-growing limbs so painful. Why don't you ask him?
Because the motherfucker don't answer back.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #72
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Because the motherfucker don't answer back.
Well, that's odd. He answered me when I asked him "Why don't you heal amputees?" He gave me the answer, but unbelievers think otherwise.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #73
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
We can't ask a non-existent entity anything.

(And must I remind you that you haven't proven that limb regeneration must by necessity be a painful process taking years. All you offer is speculation.)

Old 09-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #74
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Well, that's odd. He answered me when I asked him "Why don't you heal amputees?" He gave me the answer, but unbelievers think otherwise.
Can you demonstrate that the answer was from God and not yourself? If not, I'd have to state that its more likely that you merely answered yourself. Anyway, next time have god submit a complete scientific paper about how he can only have limbs regenerate if they take a long time with excruciating pain, describing the process in thorough detail.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #75
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Does he sound like Morgan Freeman or George Burns?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote