Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #16
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Are you sure you used to be atheist? I cannot begin to comprehend what was shown to you/said to you that made you "believe" in something which is purely faith based. Why were you atheist in the first place? Have you seen a burning bush? What has made you descend into madness?
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #17
Eva
Super Moderator

ex, dear, go back to your meds....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #18
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Double face palm....love it ! Reminds me of people who just cant bring themselves to look at the evidence for personal Creation because of personal ulterior motives. I used to do that all the time for the Ten years i was 'an atheist' . Now Ive taken down the Palms and I can see clearly ! And the light.
And you can hear the voices, too! Don't forget to mention the voices!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #19
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Are you sure you used to be atheist? I cannot begin to comprehend what was shown to you/said to you that made you "believe" in something which is purely faith based. Why were you atheist in the first place? Have you seen a burning bush? What has made you descend into madness?
It will be interesting to see how Ex-Atheist answers this question, but we should not pretend that atheists are inherently smart and rational people.

As many others have pointed out on this forum, atheism is the default position. Not everyone is indoctrinated into a particular religion during childhood. Some of those people are de-facto atheists, but that doesn't mean that they're "skeptical atheists."

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
Jahrta

Sure....

yeah, this cocksocket was an atheist the same way that Lily was an "atheist" - probably just "mad at god" or some stupid inane BS like that. I can't understand how anyone can walk away from a position of "examined" atheism (as opposed to "de facto atheism") and arrive at any of the flavors of delusional psychosis known as religion and find any nugget of truth therein. I'm thinking massive head trauma, perhaps?

This guy seems to have something in common with the dipshit formerly known as "The Raving Atheist"

Kate - got a symbol we can use, a la "Prince"?

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

How about a mascot?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
Kamikaze189

Quote:
I completely believe in Jesus Christ and know why it is quite rational to do so based on the scientific and historical evidences ; my Faith is based not on checking my mind at the door, but on evidence/reason/rationale/and a willingness to back it up with giving HIM the glory instead of Self. The evidence is out there in plenty, but few REALLY want to go looking at it. I wasnt one of those folks. Regards, David.
Hello, David. I'm glad that you are willing to be rational, to believe in the evidence as you see it. For many Christians, and many famous ones, that's been a blind spot. You'll recall that Luther said we should rip the eyes out of our reason so we can believe in god, and that reason was a whore, the ultimate enemy of Christianity. Aquinas had similar views, but in any case, it's good news that you haven't fallen for it.

I would like to know what evidence you have, but first I need to have some idea of what you mean by god. I suppose I also need to know what you mean by other religious concepts which tag along... heaven, hell, souls, etc.

In regards to "giving HIM the glory instead of Self," it's a false dichotomy you've offered in some of your posts. It's not so simple. We are not either terrible, selfish, heathens or Christians. Apologists tend to use this in arguments, and you could have picked it up from any number of places. There are far more life philosophies besides mindless materialistic consumerism and the worship of money as alternatives to Christianity. Personally, I'm very fond of the stoic philosophy, which stresses the importance of virtuous living (among other things).

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I'd wager that the new fuckwit has still got one of these rammed up his gaping ring piece:

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #24
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote View Post
Hello, David. I'm glad that you are willing to be rational, to believe in the evidence as you see it. For many Christians, and many famous ones, that's been a blind spot. You'll recall that Luther said we should rip the eyes out of our reason so we can believe in god, and that reason was a whore, the ultimate enemy of Christianity. Aquinas had similar views, but in any case, it's good news that you haven't fallen for it.

I would like to know what evidence you have, but first I need to have some idea of what you mean by god. I suppose I also need to know what you mean by other religious concepts which tag along... heaven, hell, souls, etc.

In regards to "giving HIM the glory instead of Self," it's a false dichotomy you've offered in some of your posts. It's not so simple. We are not either terrible, selfish, heathens or Christians. Apologists tend to use this in arguments, and you could have picked it up from any number of places. There are far more life philosophies besides mindless materialistic consumerism and the worship of money as alternatives to Christianity. Personally, I'm very fond of the stoic philosophy, which stresses the importance of virtuous living (among other things).
First, I want to give you kudos for not resorting to the type of foul and vile language and defamation that is so typical of atheists today. They somehow thing that it makes their position more tenable . ANd frankly, Im sadened that the Administrator to this Forum allows this type of lowlife language to blossom. I am an Evidential Apologist and have debated many atheists and could very easily list the scientific evidences for a personal Theistic Creator but ive learned over the years that nearly ALL atheists arent truly interested in looking at it because it is an affront to them. I came to this NG to see if there is an atheist who can truly defend their atheist/humanist position, or, if they too want to resign to stating that atheism is simply declaring that 'No God exists' (as if they could factually know that beyond all doubt) . So, what id like to ask you is :

1. What have YOU done to look into the evidences for a personal Theistic Creator . Please list the sources youve gone to where you have diligently researched this issue.
2. Why are you an 'atheist' instead of an agnostic Seeker ? What is your personal ulterior motive for wanting to be an atheist ?
3. Does your human body look like it is a compilation of accidents upon accidents with some 60 systems working in delicate balance and in total unison ?
4. What concrete naturalistic source or process can you cite for abiogenesis being a fact ?
5. How does a materialistic universe give us highly non material personal traits such as reason, empathy, compassion, love, logic, intellect , and human rights ?
6. What is the benefit of no ultimate moral accountability in the life of an atheist ?
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #25
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
ANd frankly, Im sadened that the Administrator to this Forum allows this type of lowlife language to blossom.

I knew it! Sadist!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #26
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
2. Why are you an 'atheist' instead of an agnostic Seeker ? What is your personal ulterior motive for wanting to be an atheist ?
6. What is the benefit of no ultimate moral accountability in the life of an atheist ?
I present exhibits A and B for Ex Atheist having never been an atheist.

A Liar for Jesus, what else is new?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #27
Ex Atheist

Quote:
In order :

1. Yes im sure i believed in atheism as a worldview and lifestyle. For 10 adult years.
2. The Christian Faith/Theism is not solely faith-based ; it requires a small amount of faith which is based on reason which is based on evidence. Contrary to atheism which requires great faith in unproven theories.
3. I decided i wanted to be an atheist not because of the evidence for atheism, but rather, for the freedom it allowed me to live as i liked with no ultimate moral accountability. The atheism lifestyle offered me the greatest amount of personal hedonism especially in the area of the sexual .
4. I saw a burning bush just a couple of nights ago when it was on my outdoor bonfire.
5. I descended into atheism because it coincided with my lifestyle choices , my personal ulterior motives of wanting to practice moral rebellion which felt good at the time, and to not be shunned by the people I was hanging around with by admitting God had to be real based on our personal universe.
6. How long have you loved Jesus ?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #28
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
... and could very easily list the scientific evidences for a personal Theistic Creator
Now I know you're just a Trolling Twat.
Surprise us with your spectacular list.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #29
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
First, I want to give you kudos for not resorting to the type of foul and vile language and defamation that is so typical of atheists today. They somehow thing that it makes their position more tenable . ANd frankly, Im sadened that the Administrator to this Forum allows this type of lowlife language to blossom. I am an Evidential Apologist and have debated many atheists and could very easily list the scientific evidences for a personal Theistic Creator but ive learned over the years that nearly ALL atheists arent truly interested in looking at it because it is an affront to them. I came to this NG to see if there is an atheist who can truly defend their atheist/humanist position, or, if they too want to resign to stating that atheism is simply declaring that 'No God exists' (as if they could factually know that beyond all doubt) . So, what id like to ask you is :

1. What have YOU done to look into the evidences for a personal Theistic Creator . Please list the sources youve gone to where you have diligently researched this issue.
3. Does your human body look like it is a compilation of accidents upon accidents with some 60 systems working in delicate balance and in total unison ?
4. What concrete naturalistic source or process can you cite for abiogenesis being a fact ?
5. How does a materialistic universe give us highly non material personal traits such as reason, empathy, compassion, love, logic, intellect , and human rights ?
Thank you for clarifying Irrs point that you were clearly not a skeptical atheist. One that understands evolution for a start. Also empathy, compassion etc help you get laid my good man, also help a society progress over say 2000000 odd years. Plenty of moral accountability too. If I kill someone I go to prison, in real life lol. Also that persons family may well hunt me down and kill me etc etc. Get the picture. There were morals pre Christianity, Islam. They evolved as we did.
Evidence for no theistic creator. Read God delusion, Philosophically rams the arse hole out of faith in God, as does any book from Dawkins, Hitchen. As for science, evolution pisses in Gods badly designed eyes straight away. Cosmology has yet to need to add God to describe the wonders it sees. It turns out all God is is nature. Nature doesn't care who you prey to, it does what it wants to. You can only manage it bit by bit as you get more and more advanced as a species. Someone did claim that god was in fact special alien beings that have managed to control nature on here. No proof for that either but more credible than a supernatural being outside the realms of science.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #30
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying Irrs point that you were clearly not a skeptical atheist. One that understands evolution for a start. Also empathy, compassion etc help you get laid my good man, also help a society progress over say 2000000 odd years. Plenty of moral accountability too. If I kill someone I go to prison, in real life lol. Also that persons family may well hunt me down and kill me etc etc. Get the picture. There were morals pre Christianity, Islam. They evolved as we did.
Evidence for no theistic creator. Read God delusion, Philosophically rams the arse hole out of faith in God, as does any book from Dawkins, Hitchen. As for science, evolution pisses in Gods badly designed eyes straight away. Cosmology has yet to need to add God to describe the wonders it sees. It turns out all God is is nature. Nature doesn't care who you prey to, it does what it wants to. You can only manage it bit by bit as you get more and more advanced as a species. Someone did claim that god was in fact special alien beings that have managed to control nature on here. No proof for that either but more credible than a supernatural being outside the realms of science.
I WAS an atheist wannabe , proclaimed it, and lived it. I ridiculed Christians , told jokes about God, and even urinated on Church grounds. I was proud of my rebellion. But, I had to stop playing the self-induced charade game that the extreme complexity of the Cosmos and things in it like the DNA molecule were just accidental/without purpose and that materials like dirt, rocks, and planets from an accidental huge explosion ultimately led up to a 206 bone human being having a brain said to be the most complex instrument in the Universe known to man.

It is far far more plausible that the remnants at StoneHenge arrived by mudslides, rain, sun, precise lightening strikes on rocks, strong winds, a few earthquakes, time, with the magical wand of chance ....yet you wouldnt dare believe that (or, would you my Friend ?!)