Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

Pharyngulists, Welcome!

What with PZ putting us on his blog, we should expect an influx of new members (seven so far today). Welcome one and all. Don't be shy, tell us about yourself and your beliefs (or lack thereof).

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
Eva
Super Moderator

ahem.
okok, ten, sounds like you miss your old job....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
ahem.
okok, ten, sounds like you miss your old job....
Yeah, sometimes. But I can still participate here, and that is what's important.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
What with PZ putting us on his blog, we should expect an influx of new members (seven so far today). Welcome one and all. Don't be shy, tell us about yourself and your beliefs (or lack thereof).
Pharyngulists? Is that legal?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
Eva
Super Moderator

it is if i'm the law here.
and i am.....

(heehee)

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 12-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
psychodiva
I Live Here

so how many chew toys we going to get from PZ then?

oh and hello everybody- been away and ill- not necesarily in that order

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
Eva
Super Moderator

i for one, missed you. hope you are ok now.

chew toys from pz? i few, i hope....but mostly i hope we get some nice raving atheists...

H. L. Mencken
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
psychodiva
I Live Here

seems like we have a few good ones coming on over

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Liberated1

Should we say welcome "home" like those fucktard theists are saying to RA on his conversion blog? I think not. How about "welcome to reality"?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
Tenspace
I Live Here

Wow, 21 new members in two days!

And, we had our most members online ever, yesterday: 171.

PZ delivers again.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
whoneedscience

Well, you caught me, too.

I got a new job in Massachusetts, and while the Catholicism rate is still pretty high, it's somehow a lot less annoying than the accent (I swear, the only word with an 'r' in it up here is "idea" - I didn't think I'd miss the Jersey accent, or the drivers for that matter).

Unfortunately, it's also the kind of job where I feel like homeland security would show up at my door if I posted on an atheist forum at work, so my sanity checks have only come in the form of Pharyngula recently.

But holy shit, Ten's back. I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen. Good to see you. What else has been going on recently?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Eva
Super Moderator

maybe pz is god?

H. L. Mencken
Old 12-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #13
Eva
Super Moderator

with, next time you think about dissapearing, don't. k?

H. L. Mencken
Old 12-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #14
whoneedscience

ahh, Raving Atheists Forum. It's like crack.

I'll check in when I can.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
whoneedscience wrote View Post
ahh, Raving Atheists Forum. It's like crack.

I'll check in when I can.
Some cracks are better than others.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote