Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
wilbo

Ok then putting my thread questions aside, i take it that some of you guys either think that i posted it as some kind of trick to troll reactions out of you, or that you regard me as some kind of incredibly thick intellectually lacking human being. I understand that this site could be populated by some very well educated individuals but i cant imagine much intellect residing in a brain that when asked a question about the origins of everything a subject that they are obviously very up to date with, would have to drag themselves out of boredom to answer it.
I also understand that to be a scientific layperson is quite easy when one sits behind a computer, it just makes me wonder how many of you are just full of shit?????
wilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
ghoulslime
I Live Here

This one is quite crunchy, eh?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
wilbo

Quote:
I ask you same the thing about before the big bang. With nothing to move, nothing to change, what would be the meaning of time? 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour before the big bang, they're all the same moment.
If only one single atom existed there would still be time. Even when all energy has gone matter will remain, and time will be keeping it company.
If you are saying that by the universe using all of its energy all matter will cease to exist then you are dreaming and better wake up.

Like i said i'am no scientist. I know that many many things all happened within the first few seconds of the BB. Im sure that many of the people on this forum are not top physicists or whatever but iam sure that plenty on here probably think they are or are just normal people, so my use of a simple B minus 1 was to simplify it for the pretenders and realists.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
wilbo

Quote:
Please tell us all about how Jesus lives in your crackers.
Why do you keep asking me about Jesus, You seem obsessed by it. I just like truth, the stuff on the other thread where that guy got beasted was wrong he was beasted by an Atheist lie, which you must admit is wrong if all you want is the truth.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
If only one single atom existed there would still be time. Even when all energy has gone matter will remain, and time will be keeping it company.
If you are saying that by the universe using all of its energy all matter will cease to exist then you are dreaming and better wake up.

Like i said i'am no scientist. I know that many many things all happened within the first few seconds of the BB. Im sure that many of the people on this forum are not top physicists or whatever but iam sure that plenty on here probably think they are or are just normal people, so my use of a simple B minus 1 was to simplify it for the pretenders and realists.
Time began at the moment of the Big Bang, you fucking imbecile.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #21
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Why do you keep asking me about Jesus, You seem obsessed by it. I just like truth, the stuff on the other thread where that guy got beasted was wrong he was beasted by an Atheist lie, which you must admit is wrong if all you want is the truth.
So you are into beastiality as well as stupidity, eh? Do tell!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
wilbo

Quote:
Please show me where on this thread that i wrote that it didnt?
you must of been dreaming again! otherwise fuck off!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #23
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
If only one single atom existed there would still be time.
Sure. I agree. However, as far as I'm aware we have no reason to think that atoms existed before the big bang - At least not as they do now.

Taken from the wikipedia page on the big bang:

"After its initial expansion from a singularity, the Universe cooled sufficiently to allow energy to be converted into various subatomic particles, including protons, neutrons, and electrons"

Those protons, neutrons, and electrons are of course the building blocks for atoms. Now, it stands to reason that if they didn't form until after the big bang, atoms as we know them weren't around before the big bang.

So what was it? Well, look that up for yourself, I'm not going to spoon-feed you everything. I'll give you a hint, though - it wasn't atoms.

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Even when all energy has gone matter will remain, and time will be keeping it company.
So in other words you didn't understand what I just wrote. Matter on its own isn't enough to have time.
Let's put it this way - Imagine everything in the world, right now, freezes exactly where it is. The wind stops right where it is, people in the streets - still in mid-stride - are like statues. Clocks don't tick, balls hang in the air.

Has time stopped? "Even when all energy has gone matter will remain, and time will be keeping it company." So apparently not, according to you. After all, we still have matter.

But how can we tell one moment from the next? With nothing moving, nothing changing, we are stuck in a single moment in time.

This is what I mean when I talk about the universe "using up all it's energy" (note - that's not what actually happens but will suffice for now).
The universe will still exist - matter will still be there - but nothing will be moving or changing. Just like our example above, it will be stuck in a single moment.

This is the same before the big bang.

Quote:
Hopefully we've cleared this up now.

Quote:
No, it hasn't simplified anything.

Firstly, even if it were possible to have anything "B -", without some standard of measurement, your "1" is useless. Like I said before, Big Bang minus 1 Hour? Millenium? Hell, I'm just assuming you're talking in a time sense, but since you failed to even qualify that you were referencing a measurement of time, your "B-1" could be "big bang - 1 small bang" for all we know.

You may as well have said "B - potato salad". It would have been just as good at "simplifying".

Also - although some of what I wrote was definitely with a sarcastic tone, don't think I'm purposely trying to be rude to you for thinking/seeing things differently. It's taken me a long time to get my head around it even this much, and I can guarantee you I'm nowhere near a proper understanding of all this beyond a severe "lay-person". Just maybe slightly less than some other people.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
wilbo

Quote:
Firstly, even if it were possible to have anything "B -", without some standard of measurement, your "1" is useless. Like I said before, Big Bang minus 1 Hour? Millenium? Hell, I'm just assuming you're talking in a time sense, but since you failed to even qualify that you were referencing a measurement of time, your "B-1" could be "big bang - 1 small bang" for all we know.
OK i meant B to mean Bang. and i know you want a measurement for time, i was using 1 to mean anything before the BB.
Also why can time not of existed before the big bang? If theorists are now going on about universe foam theory then time obviously did exist before the BB unless all the universes came into existence simultaneously.
And in that case a can of worms opens because that means that space must of existed before the BB as well, And that all universe formations are just events that form matter and happen in space and time that already exist.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Also why can time not of[sic] existed before the big bang?

The. Big. Bang. Created. Time.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #26
wilbo

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post

You write that as a statement of fact yet it is only theory. Nobody knows what was before the big bang.
Either the entire mass of the universe spontaneously came into existence in one spot then exploded in which case you are right only space would of been present not time, but it just seems impossible that the entire mass of the universe would just appear.
Or the entire mass of the universe already existed and was contained in one place that then exploded spreading itself out through space creating what we see today. meaning that time already existed and more importantly so did matter
Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Please show me where on this thread that i wrote that it didnt?
you must of been dreaming again! otherwise fuck off!
Right here:

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Also why can time not of existed before the big bang?
Even after you were told! Aren't you a fucking imbecile!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
You write that as a statement of fact yet it is only theory. Nobody knows what was before the big bang.
Either the entire mass of the universe spontaneously came into existence in one spot then exploded in which case you are right only space would of been present not time, but it just seems impossible that the entire mass of the universe would just appear.
Or the entire mass of the universe already existed and was contained in one place that then exploded spreading itself out through space creating what we see today. meaning that time already existed and more importantly so did matter
What a fucking moron!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post

Wilbo, read this really carefully. If you have any questions about it, then read it again really carefully.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Hey, Wilbo, remember when I told you this?