Old 01-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #211
Francis

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Can't seem to find any schools where our children can be indoctrinated into the atheist religion, can anyone recommend a good one?
Congratulations! this " religious school" argument is the first religious behavior I have seen by atheists which could actually be placed on a list.

It might work, except that so many sects of this religion and that do not have schools.

Still, it is an actual behavior and worthy of note because no other atheist here came up with one.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #212
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Shall we remember the atheist state "liquidations" under Stalin? Shall we recall Pol pot and the mountains of human skulls?

One thing is certain. If someone like you ever took over in this country, I would be planning a new life in a distant land.
you would probably be most welcome in Saudi Arabia or Iraq, maybe Russia the way things are going over there - I wouldn't dream of trying to get into France right now tho- and definitely don't come here- we like to laugh at you people and we find Yanks can't take it

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #213
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I think Francis would fit right in at a school for mentally-challenged kids. All but the sharper autistic kids would buy many of his fallacious arguments. He could feel superior to his fellows, as he would actually be smarter than many of them.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #214
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Well go ahead and absolutize everything. It bears repeating that, merely because you wrote something down does not mean what you wrote is a pearl of wisdom.
It's like you have zero self awareness when you write things like that.

Zero self awareness.
Zero interest in gaining knowledge.

So far zero demonstrated correct knowledge.

You really must be a winner in your circle of friend.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #215
Francis

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
you would probably be most welcome in Saudi Arabia or Iraq, maybe Russia the way things are going over there - I wouldn't dream of trying to get into France right now tho- and definitely don't come here- we like to laugh at you people and we find Yanks can't take it
The laughter goes both ways. Americans find it backward to still have a monarchy, especially one where the monarch is the chief pope of the Anglican religion. Further, I can hardly imagine more destructive stories to tell little girls than those about princes, princesses and the wholly fictional happily ever after. One wonders just how many millions of divorces were caused by those backward fairy tales.

In any case, there is an approximate 0.0000001% chance of any regular on this forum ever taking power in this country. He or she would be laughed out of any room. I'll stick with my country and its freedoms of speech and religion. I'll also try to remember that any child, including one from an African background, can grow up to be the president.

You will have to stick with your queen and your lords and your other manifestations of privilege and unearned wealth
Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #216
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Well go ahead and absolutize everything. It bears repeating that, merely because you wrote something down does not mean what you wrote is a pearl of wisdom.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:56 AM   #217
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis, if we, as an exercise accept for a moment that in your mind and in spite of your fallacious and frankly childish arguments that atheism is infact a religion. We must ask, WTF are you actually doing here harassing us?

Would you walk uninvited into a mosque, a hindu temple or any other gathering of the religious, including a forum for sufi mystics for example and proceed to challenge their worldview and enlighten them about how it does not agree with your own?

We have witnessed you here espousing your own humility and freedom of religion a number of times, so if we really are part of a religion (in your mind of course) and you wouldn't behave this way with others, what is your excuse for your bad manners here?

Or perhaps you don't really believe your own assertion after all.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #218
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
It's not a shock at all that the atheists here, in mob psychology fashion, declare in unison "Francis is wrong" or some variant of that statement.
Of course, Francis is right, it's the whole world that is wrong...

Quote:
Francis wrote
The problem with their denial is that I am correct and they haven't established otherwise.[...]
Poor Francis, has given up entirely even pretending to have a discussion and has skipped right to plugging its ears and crying like a toddler.

Francis doesn't even know if it thinks that theism is a religion or not.

Francis has thus far conceded on all points against its silly, idiotic arguments.

As far as I can tell, Francis is one of the bigger idiots I have ever seen that is still capable of stringing sentences together.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #219
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis, since it's obvious that you are a member of the theist religion. Do you have any qualms about what happened in France yesterday?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #220
Francis

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Francis, if we, as an exercise accept for a moment that in your mind and in spite of your fallacious and frankly childish arguments that atheism is infact a religion. We must ask, WTF are you actually doing here harassing us?

Would you walk uninvited into a mosque, a hindu temple or any other gathering of the religious, including a forum for sufi mystics for example and proceed to challenge their worldview and enlighten them about how it does not agree with your own?

We have witnessed you here espousing your own humility and freedom of religion a number of times, so if we really are part of a religion (in your mind of course) and you wouldn't behave this way with others, what is your excuse for your bad manners here?

Or perhaps you don't really believe your own assertion after all.
Whose position, yours or mine, is weak, is a matter of dispute. Which side is the one with bad manners is not only in dispute, but is obvious to anyone who reads one page of any thread.

For your further reference, I have debated many times with fundamentalist Christians about their fallacious view of history. With reference to humility, I believe it gives me strength, because I have not been too self centered or proud to adjust my position when faced with a compelling fact or argument.

Too many religious people believe what they do for emotional reasons. Most prominent among these reasons is that they see their faith as grounds to feel superior to their fellow beings. I see that on this forum running amok.
In history, such superiority thinking has been a blight on the world, and has been at the root of atrocity after atrocity. Speaking out against it is more important than worrying about imaginary hurt feelings.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #221
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Of course, Francis is right, it's the whole world that is wrong...

Poor Francis, has given up entirely even pretending to have a discussion and has skipped right to plugging its ears and crying like a toddler.

Francis doesn't even know if it thinks that theism is a religion or not.

Francis has thus far conceded on all points against its silly, idiotic arguments.

As far as I can tell, Francis is one of the bigger idiots I have ever seen that is still capable of stringing sentences together.
For the love of the Christ child's diaper gravy! The lunatic wouldn't even admit that the sky is not really colored blue!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #222
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis, since it's obvious that you are a member of the theist religion. Do you have any qualms about what happened in France yesterday?
Violent imaginary friends are wonderful things!

Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #223
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
I have not been too self centered or proud to adjust my position when faced with a compelling fact or argument.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAH

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #224
Francis

Quote:
First of all I have said that I am a Thomas Jefferson Christian. That is how I identify my particular beliefs.

Secondly, any thinking person can see that the reason for the tragedy is the certainty of the perpetrators. In history, such certainty has been the most reliable indicator of error. Not enough effort by the west has gone toward challenging Islamic or other religious certainty.

The death of innocents diminishes all. Anyone who knows me knows I condemn such horrors.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 AM   #225
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Whose position, yours or mine, is weak, is a matter of dispute. Which side is the one with bad manners is not only in dispute, but is obvious to anyone who reads one page of any thread.
Francis - prove you didn't become delusional after your head injury! In case of dispute, prove you didn't have a head injury.