Old 12-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #91
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Note two major indicators of religion in your post.
First of all, they are not indicators of religion, because they are not part of any definition of religion. You even stated that they are not part of your definition of religion.

Quote:
Francis wrote
First of all, you attribute dishonesty to people who do not agree with you.
I also attribute dishonesty to people that do agree with me if I see that they are being dishonest. You are giving a good example of confirmation bias.

Quote:
Francis wrote
Religious people everywhere think their view just so self evident that no one could dispute it - so disagreement must be "dishonest".
I do not think that my view is self evident, but you seem to think that yours is...

Quote:
Francis wrote
The second indicator you display is the rejection of science.
I do not reject science. But this is a new one for you.

Quote:
Francis wrote
Note how you cover your eyes rather than consider what science is currently (and seriously) exploring. Creationists are also very prone to this flaw in reasoning.
Ah, so you're ignoring the scientific process. You've mistaken a hypothesis with a theory, with people exploring a possibility and people that have demonstrated the possibility. Your bad, but no worries.

Quote:
Francis wrote
Do you prefer to be called Minister or Reverend?
Don't matter to me what you call me, how about, Reverend Minister? Again, I don't care if you say that I'm religious. I really don't care, do it all you want. The more you do it, the more it makes me laugh. I want to see how much you can go down the wrong way before you see that you're wrong. Maybe you already see that you're wrong and are just carrying on in spite of it. Doesn't matter to me, it's hilarious either way.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #92
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

What can we call Francis when he actually is being dishonest? Which seems to be a lot by the way.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #93
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
This universe may or may not be simulated, but the intelligence of some on this site is clearly an illusion.
Oh snap, y'all!

In my observations, dishonest shit bags display a few characteristics:
1) Avoiding direct points against their claims.
2) Misrepresenting their opponents statements.
3) Making pathetic attempts to insult those smarter.
4) Sticking to their original guns even when they admitted that parts of their claims are wrong.
5) Continues to make unsupported claims while refusing to back up any claim they made.

Now Francis has done all five of these things, clearly indicating that Francis is a dishonest shit bag.

I suppose that Franciepooh thinks that because I think Francis is being dishonest, that I must be a part of some religion. I wonder what religion I must be part of. Maybe Francie can tell me.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #94
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
What can we call Francis when he actually is being dishonest? Which seems to be a lot by the way.
"It is in the nature of fundamentalism that it
should contain a powerful streak of irrationality and
that it should not relate, in a verifiable, practical
way, to the everyday world. It is also necessary for a
fundamentalist belief that it should permit the
emergence of gurus, whose pronouncements can be widely
reported and pondered on endlessly - endlessly for the
reason that they contain nothing of substance, so that
it would take an eternity of time to distil even one
drop of sense from them."

Source unknown.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #95
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Shitlord!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #96
Francis

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Oh. Yawn. Yet another poopy-on-you atheist. How creative.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #97
Francis

Francis wrote:
This universe may or may not be simulated, but the intelligence of some on this site is clearly an illusion.

Davin wrote:
Oh snap, y'all!

In my observations, dishonest shit bags display a few characteristics:
1) Avoiding direct points against their claims.
2) Misrepresenting their opponents statements.
3) Making pathetic attempts to insult those smarter.
4) Sticking to their original guns even when they admitted that parts of their claims are wrong.
5) Continues to make unsupported claims while refusing to back up any claim they made.

Now Francis has done all five of these things, clearly indicating that Francis is a dishonest shit bag.

I suppose that Franciepooh thinks that because I think Francis is being dishonest, that I must be a part of some religion. I wonder what religion I must be part of. Maybe Francie can tell me.

I didn't mention your name in this context. I wonder why you took it personally. Did I strike a nerve?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #98
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Francis wrote:

I didn't mention your name in this context. I wonder why you took it personally. Did I strike a nerve?
No. But you go ahead and assume that you did.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #99
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Francis wrote
Quote:
Ooh look - an other example of Pope Francis arsenal of evidence for the simulated Universe!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #100
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

They have nothing but tenacity. They've been doing it for years. Best thing is they think their logic is water tight when theyre really just pissing down their leg again and getting a high 5 from another incontinent atheist.

meh
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #101
Davin
Obsessed Member

At the very least, our logic is less fallacious than thous.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #102
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Francis wrote:
Quote:
Those who are unable to discern reality are referred to as the mentally ill.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #103
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
They have nothing but tenacity. They've been doing it for years. Best thing is they think their logic is water tight when theyre really just pissing down their leg again and getting a high 5 from another incontinent atheist.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #104
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Further, there are actual scientists who have proposed experiments which they believe would reveal if this reality is or is not a simulation.
How do you know they are ACTUAL SCIENTISTS, and not just SIMULATED scientists, dumbass?

Old 12-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #105
Simoon

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post

And the time to believe that the universe is a simulation is when there is demonstrable evidence and reasoned argument to support the claim. Not a second before.
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote