Old 11-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #31
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Build rockets! (Of course without people around.) The fun came to an end when my dumb ass friend dropped an excellent bomb I had made with a timer into the mail box in front of the school at report card time. Boomy!

::checks statue of limitations for prosecuting bombings of federal property and starts thinking of what cake to bake that can be sent to prison, via mail::

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #32
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote View Post
Well, OK, it's well past the statute of limitations now...GS, do you know how to make contact explosives? We did, in high school. We also made incendiary devices with literally POUNDS of magnesium. Those were the days. I still marvel that I possess all my digits, hearing and vision. Had we been invaded by the russkies, my little "cell" of friends could have made the movie Amerika look tame, and they would never have figgered out whodunnit.
To tell you the truth, If push came to shove I could still fashion some seriously devastating boomies from off the shelf materials.

Shit! The grownup in me is talking again in my head.

NOTICE: For anybody reading this thread, especially young guys, don't even consider playing with incendiaries or explosives. I was a reckless asshole adolescent with a mild death wish when I did this. It was very fortunate that I did not hurt anyone in the process. It is VERY illegal in the USA to make these sorts of dangerous items. Please, don’t do it! It is really stupid.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #33
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Didja ever dribble a couple of drops of glycerin on a small mound of potassium permanganate and hang around to see what would happen?
My friends and I once stole a 50 gallon drum of Ammonium Nitrate from a farmer’s barn. We turned that baby into quite the firecracker. We buried it in a field with a track hoe and detonated it from about 50-60 yards away with a 9 volt battery and wire we took from Christmas tree lights. It wasn’t even close to being far enough away. Hee hee! Dumb sons of bitches!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 11-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #34
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
::checks statue of limitations for prosecuting bombings of federal property and starts thinking of what cake to bake that can be sent to prison, via mail::
Fortunately, my indiscretion occurred back in the day before police state Amerika really started letting the Gestapo herd the flocks into our little mortgage/tax/debt/concentration camps. These days, if caught, a kid would be well on his way through the revolving door prison corporations.

Sorry for the scare, Eva!

NOTICE: GHOULSLIME DOES NOT ADVOCATE BOMB MAKING!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #35
CycloneRanger

Quote:
Ghoulslime wrote
My friends and I once stole a 50 gallon drum of Ammonium Nitrate from a farmer’s barn. We turned that baby into quite the firecracker. We buried it in a field with a track hoe and detonated it from about 50-60 yards away with a 9 volt battery and wire we took from Christmas tree lights. It wasn’t even close to being far enough away. Hee hee! Dumb sons of bitches!
Jesus. I thought I was a badass building sabot rounds for my potato cannons, but this is both more destructive and more entertaining.

Besides building potato guns (and testing all the wonderful things you can propel with them) I have a small mineral collection that I update whenever I get a chance. Unfortunately my younger brother scattered most of my interesting specimens around the (large) backyard a few semesters ago, so I sort of have to start over. I didn't have anything particularly large or valuable though.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:19 AM   #36
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote View Post
OK, help me oot, here, englanders, what's a "scoop" of liquor?
A piece of o'd Irish slang for a drink - popular around northish parts.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 AM   #37
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Fast chronic and food masturbation.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #38
ubs
I Live Here

I change hobbies like RA men change women.

Right now I'm trying to master dim sum and learn to use GIMP. In two months I will remember none of this, and if you ask me about it I will privately think that you are a weirdo.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #39
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #40
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
LOL! You know what? I just now realized why you posted this. One and a half hours to get the joke.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #41
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

I have several things that I like to do regularly, but I wouldn't necessarily call them hobbies.

Figuring out Linux.
Drinking.
Poker.
Poker and drinking.
Watching movies.
Watching movies and drinking.
Going to the gym.
Going to the gym and drinking.

Of course I exaggerate for humor.

Unfortunately too much of my time is devoted to finishing college and planning my future to do these things with the frequency that I would like. If only I was done with: finals, finding a lab to work in next semester, figuring out where I am going to work next summer, taking the GREs, getting my drivers license (after not getting my permit until I was 18 out of sheer laziness, I let it expire a few months ago), applying to grad school somewhere and consolidating my school loans.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
skribb

I don't have any hobbies. I think. I've never thought of myself as a person with hobbies. I just sit in front of the computer all day and do different things. And I'm not the nerdy type either.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #43
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
LOL! You know what? I just now realized why you posted this. One and a half hours to get the joke.
Oh, that was in reference to your comment?

I thought it was PC sharing one of his hobbies with us.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #44
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
I thought it was PC sharing one of his hobbies with us.
You joke, I know, but that's what I thought at first "Oh, PC forgot one."

Old 11-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #45
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
I change hobbies like RA men change women.

Right now I'm trying to master dim sum and learn to use GIMP. In two months I will remember none of this, and if you ask me about it I will privately think that you are a weirdo.
I tried to master Dim Sum but I could never hold the little bitch down long enough to get the hand cuffs on her! I'm not even going to ask you what you are doing with the gimp. The handicapped are off limits to my debauchery.