Old 11-10-2016, 02:29 AM   #1576
Michael
Obsessed Member

Yeah I don't think he's especially religious. The problem is his VP and a lot of the people he's surrounding himself with are terrifyingly so.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:32 AM   #1577
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Funny that he must be the first POTUS that didn't thank god or say God bless America. Mmmmm!

I think you may have been conned by a New York conman.
I don't give a rat's ass if he said God bless America or thank God. It's private business. I just want my tax breaks to stay intact.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:30 AM   #1578
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Funny that he must be the first POTUS that didn't thank god or say God bless America. Mmmmm!

I think you may have been conned by a New York conman.

In the week running up to the election, I would have bet on Trump. Just a feeling I had. The MSM relentlessy promoted Hillary, but there were enough other media spreading dirt about the Clintons, that, along with the Wikileaks, got through to enough voters disgruntled with the establishment. The USA has enough racists, rednecks, and retards to whom Trump cleverly appealed.
If nothing else, this election has exposed the whole "democratic" system in the US as a corrupt farce, which gave voters a "choice" between two pathological lying criminals.
When the attempted coup in Turkey was quashed, Hillary announced, "We must support a democratically elected government." NOT ONE of the MSM pointed out that she was responsible for the coup in Honduras which overthrew a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT!
The Clintons are motivated purely by greed and lust for power. In the final days of campaigning, there stood Bill smiling from ear to ear, no doubt savouring his next stint in the White house. Was that smile ever gone as he stood there listening to Hillary's concession speech. How are the Clintons going to reward thoe supporters who paid them hundreds of millions into their influence peddling scheme, now that they will have no influence?
The character of these two became obvious when Bill looked the entire nation in the eye and lied, "I did not have sex with that woman."
How that pathological liar could have been put in charge of the Hati Earthquake relief funds boggles the mind, and shows how utterly corrput the entire world has become. When the recent hurricane struck Haiti, the news pictures revealed that the populace is still living in the same misery as after the earthquake. No sanitation, no clean water, no food, no employment. Where did the hundreds of millions go? Into the Clinton pockets, and their friends.
They have less humanity than Nazi death camp supervisors.
As for Trump, his speeches and his record of business dealings and tax swindles tell us all we need to know. Hopefully, there remain enough remnants of checks and balances in Government to keep him reigned in. His intent to tear up the Iran nuclear agreement will likely provide an excuse to reduce another mid east country to stone age rubble, much to the delight, and design, of Israel.
The future looks like fun!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 AM   #1579
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades! Hail to the Chief.

JJ
Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #1580
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Jerry Jerk shat:

Quote:
That said I will always be a wealthy businessman blessed by God for my great faith.
Who gives a rat's ass.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 11-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #1581
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Yeah I don't think he's especially religious. The problem is his VP and a lot of the people he's surrounding himself with are terrifyingly so.
Yes. We disagree on this. The more religious people the better off to keep our religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe.

JJ
Old 11-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #1582
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Yes. We disagree on this. The more religious people the better off to keep our religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe.
Okay. Well, straight off the bat I should say that I don't care about American domestic policy. Just like I don't care about British domestic policy, or Canadian domestic policy. I'm not American, it won't affect me and it's not my country. I have said this here before. I've also said things about my political beliefs here (spoiler alert - they're probably not what you expect).

Having said all of ^ that, I can still empathise and look at the situation from within - much like I can buy in to a movie knowing it's a movie, I can buy in to a situation knowing it's not mine. I also do care about American foreign policy because that's likely to affect me and my country.

So that was a pretty long spiel just to set-up where I'm coming from, I'll admit it - but no-one has ever accused me of brevity. I type. I type, like, a lot when I post something.

Your point about having more religious people around to ensure religious freedom, maybe I'd be able to get behind if it was a multitude of religions. Even then I probably wouldn't be excited about it, but at least I could get behind your point and I generally support people's right to have their religion even if I disagree with it.

The problem is, though, that's not the case. Right now Trump is filling his cup with people from the religious side of the republicans and that's old white evangelicals.

Pence I understand for the VP because he was seriously lacking in the religious department himself and needed to bolster his religious image to grab the evangelicals for the election. That's all well and good, but now the election's over and he's stuck with the religious extremist in his inner circle.

We don't need to go into what the issues with his views are right this instant as honestly I suspect you would support a lot of them (which in and of itself is worrying enough, but that's not here or there) and it wouldn't hit the point I'm talking on. So we'll swerve for a second.

The reason it's not "helping your religious freedom to teach and preach as [you] believe" is because from everything I know (and I actually know a fair bit), that freedom has never been taken from you - and I suspect you'll want to get further in to that and we will.

Imagine for a second that when elected, Obama turned out to be a Muslim. He surrounded himself with muslim advisors. They directed policy based on their religious beliefs and put them into law.

Would you be happy? Would you be celebrating "The more religious people the better off to keep our religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe"?

Hell, let's not even use that. I don't know which one of the christianities you support but let's say Trump puts someone who is a strong Baptist in charge of, say, education - and now Baptist ideas and beliefs are put in place in the school system. Or protestant, or catholic. Pick one of the ones you're not. Imagine that the teachers are now allowed to preach catholicism to the kids. Or maybe it's Protestantism.

Are you going to be cool with that? That's my problem. Policy directed by religion - and make no mistake, the people he's putting in to power by association are the kinds of people that will make policy directed by their religion - is policy against anyone not of that religion.

And that goes directly against your idea of being able to "keep [your] religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe."

It's all well and good to support "religious" people in power when it's your religion - but remember that it might no always be the case.

- selliedjoup
Old 11-11-2016, 02:56 AM   #1583
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ

Those who voted Trump because they wanted change were suckered. Look at his choice of staff - the scum from previous administrations, Chris Christie, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani. Gingrich has announced that on his first day as attorney general he will imprison Black Lives Matter members! Religious Nazis in control! Scary. No prison for KKK members though - Trump proudly accepts their endorsement. Welcome to the Third Reich.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #1584
dogpet
Obsessed Member

If it's crackers, he's in!

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #1585
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I don't give a rat's ass if he said God bless America or thank God. It's private business. I just want my tax breaks to stay intact.

JJ

Old 11-12-2016, 05:14 AM   #1586
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ

Old 11-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #1587
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

JJ

http://www.trueactivist.com/hang-tha...tartling-watch

Old 11-13-2016, 01:13 AM   #1588
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Okay. Well, straight off the bat I should say that I don't care about American domestic policy. Just like I don't care about British domestic policy, or Canadian domestic policy. I'm not American, it won't affect me and it's not my country. I have said this here before. I've also said things about my political beliefs here (spoiler alert - they're probably not what you expect).

Having said all of ^ that, I can still empathise and look at the situation from within - much like I can buy in to a movie knowing it's a movie, I can buy in to a situation knowing it's not mine. I also do care about American foreign policy because that's likely to affect me and my country.

So that was a pretty long spiel just to set-up where I'm coming from, I'll admit it - but no-one has ever accused me of brevity. I type. I type, like, a lot when I post something.

Your point about having more religious people around to ensure religious freedom, maybe I'd be able to get behind if it was a multitude of religions. Even then I probably wouldn't be excited about it, but at least I could get behind your point and I generally support people's right to have their religion even if I disagree with it.

The problem is, though, that's not the case. Right now Trump is filling his cup with people from the religious side of the republicans and that's old white evangelicals.

Pence I understand for the VP because he was seriously lacking in the religious department himself and needed to bolster his religious image to grab the evangelicals for the election. That's all well and good, but now the election's over and he's stuck with the religious extremist in his inner circle.

We don't need to go into what the issues with his views are right this instant as honestly I suspect you would support a lot of them (which in and of itself is worrying enough, but that's not here or there) and it wouldn't hit the point I'm talking on. So we'll swerve for a second.

The reason it's not "helping your religious freedom to teach and preach as [you] believe" is because from everything I know (and I actually know a fair bit), that freedom has never been taken from you - and I suspect you'll want to get further in to that and we will.

Imagine for a second that when elected, Obama turned out to be a Muslim. He surrounded himself with muslim advisors. They directed policy based on their religious beliefs and put them into law.

Would you be happy? Would you be celebrating "The more religious people the better off to keep our religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe"?

Hell, let's not even use that. I don't know which one of the christianities you support but let's say Trump puts someone who is a strong Baptist in charge of, say, education - and now Baptist ideas and beliefs are put in place in the school system. Or protestant, or catholic. Pick one of the ones you're not. Imagine that the teachers are now allowed to preach catholicism to the kids. Or maybe it's Protestantism.

Are you going to be cool with that? That's my problem. Policy directed by religion - and make no mistake, the people he's putting in to power by association are the kinds of people that will make policy directed by their religion - is policy against anyone not of that religion.

And that goes directly against your idea of being able to "keep [your] religious freedom to teach and preach as we believe."

It's all well and good to support "religious" people in power when it's your religion - but remember that it might no always be the case.
Good luck using reason on a psychopath. Got a response yet?

Old 11-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #1589
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

Men that do it in the ass have a name, AJ and it is faggot.

JJ
And JJ is wanking off just thinking about it!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #1590
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Good luck using reason on a psychopath. Got a response yet?
Given that most theistic beliefs don't come from a solely rational place, it's hardly fair to expect a solely rational argument to change it. That doesn't mean that you can't start knocking down the walls using logic. A single conversation, hell a year's worth of conversation might not change a person's mind - that doesn't mean it's not worth it if it opens that mind to ideas and ways of thinking they didn't encounter or consider before.

- selliedjoup