Old 04-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #16
Adeldas

Please do you’re self a favour and read the Da Vince Code. It is a much better story line. But these books are really not about the story, read between the lines and learn some truths. These books are a little like the movie Titanic, The main characters are fictional but they lead you through the story to the undeniable facts. Of course a little research is need to know what is fact and what is fiction.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:52 PM   #17
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Adeldas wrote
Please do you’re self a favour and read the Da Vince Code. It is a much better story line. But these books are really not about the story, read between the lines and learn some truths. These books are a little like the movie Titanic, The main characters are fictional but they lead you through the story to the undeniable facts. Of course a little research is need to know what is fact and what is fiction.
Then you might as well read holy blood holy grail, which is where all the interesting stufff comes from

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #18
Adeldas

True, very very true, along with History of the Knights Templars, Secrets of the Holy Grail, The goddess in the Gospels: Reclaiming the Holy feminine and so many more. But for some people who have no idea what has been hidden from them, it is a softer introduction to the subject. My point is, not all the interesting stuff comes for the one book. You have to read a lot more of these books to find all the facts that Dan Brown is referring to. His book is a good start.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #19
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Adeldas wrote
True, very very true, along with History of the Knights Templars, Secrets of the Holy Grail, The goddess in the Gospels: Reclaiming the Holy feminine and so many more. But for some people who have no idea what has been hidden from them, it is a softer introduction to the subject. My point is, not all the interesting stuff comes for the one book. You have to read a lot more of these books to find all the facts that Dan Brown is referring to. His book is a good start.
Ok, but if the story is as weak as angels and demons I don't think I'll finish it. Truly, that book was shit.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 04-25-2005, 01:06 AM   #20
Adeldas

The da Vinci Code is a much better book than Angels and Demons, but if you are reading the Da vinci code for it's entertainment value only then maybe you shouldn't finish it.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 AM   #21
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

My problem with The Da Vinci Code is not that it's poorly researched (which it is, see Agia's post # 11), but that the protagonists "find" the Holy Grail. The legend of the HG is one of the few interesting things to come out of Christian literature, and its enduring message has always been a beautiful beacon for atheists: Keep searching (for truth), and even though you'll never find it (God), the search itself will be its own reward. Brown's facile attempt to "solve" the mystery of the grail is disappointing to say the least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
Adeldas

Solving the mystery was only a conclusion to the book. He does not proclaim to know to whom the bloodline of Christ leads but only that there is one.

However I do not understand you criticism of the research done for this book. Dan Brown has said may times that not all the book is fact and not all the book is fiction. He was not out to write an other Holy Blood Holy Grail. He just wrote a mystery novel. A mystery not only within the novel but also one left for the reader after finishing to find what within the book is true and what was fiction.

And to the point someone made earlier that Dan Brown only wrote the book for the publicity it would get, I disagree. I think he was very brave to write a book like this.
It is a great thing he has done. He has everyone talking, and on this subject I think that is a great thing.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #23
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Adeldas wrote
Solving the mystery was only a conclusion to the book. He does not proclaim to know to whom the bloodline of Christ leads but only that there is one.

However I do not understand you criticism of the research done for this book. Dan Brown has said may times that not all the book is fact and not all the book is fiction. He was not out to write an other Holy Blood Holy Grail. He just wrote a mystery novel. A mystery not only within the novel but also one left for the reader after finishing to find what within the book is true and what was fiction.

And to the point someone made earlier that Dan Brown only wrote the book for the publicity it would get, I disagree. I think he was very brave to write a book like this.
It is a great thing he has done. He has everyone talking, and on this subject I think that is a great thing.
I admire Dan Brown's bravery. I just hope the pile of money within he now resides will keep him safe and sound so he can write more books that annoy Bishop Joey and his pals

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 04-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #24
Adeldas

He might have made a lot of money from this book. If Bishop Joey and his pals were only annoyed at him, that makes him a very lucky man. Thing could have been a lot, lot worse for him, if the clergy had wanted to. Believe me, if he had written this book now, with Pope Benedict XVI in "Power", thing would not have gone so easily for him.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #25
Adeldas

Well that's the point isn’t it, he doesn't want to because that would be admitting guilt. And to the question of “what can he do”? You under estimate the Catholic Church.
You obviously don't know that he has Mr Bush and my dear Prime minister Mr Howard in the palm of his hand from before he was pope. Imagine what he can do now that he is pope.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #26
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Mr. Howard is PM of Australia.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #27
Adeldas

Tony Blair is Pm of England . John Howard is Pm Australia, Yes
Old 05-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #28
God, my arse

Outdated? hah... it is a far more appropriate system than that of other nations especially the US. It has stopped corruption and encourages democracy.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #29
Adeldas

Quote:
Quote:
God, my arse wrote
Outdated? hah... it is a far more appropriate system than that of other nations especially the US. It has stopped corruption and encourages democracy
Sorry! is it Australia your talking about, because that's not the Australia I live in. Sure we're not the U.S but give us time, we will get there.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #30
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Then you might as well read holy blood holy grail, which is where all the interesting stufff comes from
See also The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception - more about the attempts of xtian "scholars" to withhold controversial infromation but interesting comments on the 'real' jesus and the influence of Paul on the direction that xtianity as we know it has taken.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote