Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 AM   #16
myst7426

Wow, a lot of conclusions that were hastily established between unrelated events. We are all gonna die because God is mad about nucylar weapons; he sent a crop circle 11 years ago to warn us!

If this was even close to being true, it would be all over the news; wall street would crash; and we would be building underground caves like in the movie "Deep Impact."
Old 04-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #17
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
a different tim wrote
Of course not! Did you see those hats? Cramming a bunch of Reynold's Wrap on your cranium does not a proper tinfoil hat make!

It must be constructed of several overlapping layers with the crystalling structure of the metal crossing at 45 degree angles in an anti-clockwise direction. The layers of aluminum (or aluminium for you) have to be at least 2 mils... none of this deli sandwich wrap or poptart mylar crap.

And, most importantly, the hat cannot conform to the general shape of your head! The best hats only touch the cranium on the rim of the hat..... any other contact results in grounding of the supermagnetoconductauracharge with the brain's long-fingered virtual synapses, not only rendering the hat useless, but creating a ground state that glows like a radar blip for any nearby aliens. Sometimes they laugh at your ineptitude before they kill you and wear your skin to their next blood orgy.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #18
HeathenLifer

Praise the Lord ann pass the KoolAid!! We are goin' for a riiiiide!!

yee haw

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #19
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Praise the Lord ann pass the KoolAid!! We are goin' for a riiiiide!!

yee haw
And don't forget to wear your Nike Cortez. They're the best deck shoes for the alien spaceships that hide behind the comet.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 04-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #20
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
a different tim wrote
Of course not! Did you see those hats? Cramming a bunch of Reynold's Wrap on your cranium does not a proper tinfoil hat make!

It must be constructed of several overlapping layers with the crystalling structure of the metal crossing at 45 degree angles in an anti-clockwise direction. The layers of aluminum (or aluminium for you) have to be at least 2 mils... none of this deli sandwich wrap or poptart mylar crap.

And, most importantly, the hat cannot conform to the general shape of your head! The best hats only touch the cranium on the rim of the hat..... any other contact results in grounding of the supermagnetoconductauracharge with the brain's long-fingered virtual synapses, not only rendering the hat useless, but creating a ground state that glows like a radar blip for any nearby aliens. Sometimes they laugh at your ineptitude before they kill you and wear your skin to their next blood orgy.
SSHHHHH! This is the top-secret part of the design!!!! <.< >.>
Old 04-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #21
antix
Obsessed Member

Design? What design? Hey, what's going on here?... I'm telling.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #22
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
logarithm wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
a different tim wrote

SSHHHHH! This is the top-secret part of the design!!!! <.< >.>
That's okay... it's encoded in ROT-13 with a right-handed bit order, summed with the modulus of the serial number to my Commodore 64. My cat provides a random seed using playing cards and a fishbowl. No one will ever guess (unless they bribe the cat).

Old 04-22-2006, 04:42 AM   #23
Rat Bastard

Quote:
antix wrote
Design? What design? Hey, what's going on here?... I'm telling.
Didn't you get the memo? OK, go get some foil, install as above, and stand under some fluorescent lights. Be careful, though, not to think too much- or the aliens will suck your knowledge of our space-time continuum out of your head and use it against us! :o Oh, I almost forgot- you can always bribe Ten's cat with some Nemo sushi. Why do you think he's over at the fishbowl so much? It ain't do drink the water, after all, 'cause of what the fish do there.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #24
leguru

Let's see, "on or around May 25th," hmmmm, just in time for Memorial Day - YEAH ! - really give us somehting to memorialize, or at least the survivors. Will the Rapture happen just before that event? So many things to plan for - so little time! :lol:
Old 04-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
brad89

Please, the funniest one is an article I saw in the last issue of Sun magazine. (they're like world news weekly for fundies) They believe that the world will be hit by an asteroid (conveniently named wormwood) which will spread enough arsenic into the atmosphere to kill all life. On what date? 9-11! Absolutely hilarious! The funny thing is the asteroid they mention, which they also call ev2006 can't be googled or metacrawlered for ANYTHING.

In this very same issue, they do an article on the FSM (I am not worthy...) and the church of pastafarianism. And I believe they actually took it seriously as well...