Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
clambake
shred

I bought mine at Wegmans on the way home from work. I wasn't looking for it but once I saw it I had to give a try. I just used it today with ramen noodles and am happy to report I liked it better than the usual flavoring. OK, maybe that isn't saying much but that does mean I can enjoy ramen noodles (a decidedly cheap, handy, and effective food) without having to use the crappy flavor packets.

So score one for Marmite from this yanker.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #32
psychodiva
I Live Here

we'll convert the rest of youse yet

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #33
dogpet
Obsessed Member

No quoting, excellent. Kate

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Never had bramble jelly diva? Call yourself part scottish, tut tut! Jelly/strained jam.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #35
psychodiva
I Live Here

that is not the same- that is not jam

Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
dogpet
Obsessed Member

To lazy to find a football thread. Well done Chelsea!

Old 04-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #37
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

After a few eye-rolls, face palms, head shakes & fuck me's, I managed a semi smile and thought 'Self Imposed Darwin Award'.

Quote:
Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reports that a woman starved to death after embarking on a spiritual diet that required her to stop eating or drinking and live off sunlight alone.
I suppose it's one way of ridding the world of fucking idiots.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #38
psychodiva
I Live Here

This

- here cos I couldn't find the merkin thread

Quote:
Eyes Closed, No Peeking

Dedicated to the governor of Pennsylvania, who suggested that women upset at being forced to have an unnecessary internal ultrasound should 'close their eyes', and to the Georgia legislator who wants to outlaw abortion even for a woman carrying a dead fetus because 'cows and pigs do it all the time' , and to the gentleman in Wisconsin who wants to outlaw divorce and says that women who are abused by their husbands should just 'remember th good times', and… and…. and….

"Just close your eyes" he said.

Close your eyes and maybe it won't hurt so much.
Maybe you can make the shame go away if you don't have to look at it, don't have to meet the eyes of the doctor who is ready to violate you, who is no longer allowed to address your pain and need, Close your eyes and deal with it because from this point on,
health care for you is nothing more than a power play, the political blood sport of men, drenched in your own desperate blood.

Close your eyes, ladies, and think of Jesus who wants you to know that you are a sinner- and a slut for having dreams beyond the ones given to you by your pastor, your employer, and your governor.

See, they are worried that you might get an abortion mistakenly
thinking it's a treatment for the flu or something, eager to brand you a wanton for having sex at all, a Jezebel for enjoying pleasure without consequence…the way that they get to.

Close your eyes and pretend that you are still a person with the right to make your own, most intimate decisions about your future,

Close your eyes and remember when planning your own family
wasn't considered dirty, when owning your body was still your birthright and the right to give birth also included the right not to.

Close your eyes and forget that you are supposed to be a mindless object of desire, to be salivated over and then dismissed, used by men to sell beer and shoes and laundry detergent, expected to exist only for their sexual pleasure, reviled for feeling it yourself, condemned for being what they so determinedly make you: a sexual being.

So come here, little girl, here's a push-up bra, stilettos and a chastity belt.

Learn now that sex is something for a man to do to a woman, not actually with her.

Understand that you must grow up to be either a slut, a dyke or a mother…and a mother, and a mother.

Close your eyes, girls, and enjoy your patent leather Mary Janes and princess dreams that don't yet end in blood and probes
and congressmen playing doctor behind the statehouse, insisting that the princess carry even death in her womb, all in the name of life.

Close your eyes and think of your grandmothers, and of their grandmothers owned by their fathers, traded to their husbands,
needing permission to go to college.

Think of the days when the few lady-like jobs that existed were only for those un-natural old maids unable to join the ranks of the real women doing a woman's real job of having babies.

Think of not even being allowed to learn or to help support yourself and your family, of depending on a man to feed and clothe you and your children, your own love and need to protect them a chain and an anchor that keeps you in the harbor of even a loveless, abusive marriage, your yards and yards of beautiful sail forever stowed below decks, because the open seas of life is no place for a woman.

Close your eyes, ladies, and think of England, and of Iran and Afghanistan where women are chained for their own good, beaten for showing their faces, stoned for going to school, sewn shut between babies, robbed of the ability to feel passion, used for a man's desire but allowed none of their own, receptacles, incubators, cooks and maids.

So close your eyes, and shut your mouths, and be thankful that you live in such an enlightened. modern land.

By Tracy Lynne Stout Meisky

Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #39
West491
Obsessed Member

very good stuff diva. I mean, not good- but you know what i mean.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #40
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Thinking can undermine religious faith, study finds

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Thinking? - all these years beer & wanking worked for me!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #42
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

A Christian women's prayer group, sharing Christ's love!

Now for our prayer, we pray that the women who work in your MFRR and the women in your family will befall fast moving breast cancer which can not everbe cured.

womens-prayer-group-praying-that-the-women-at-mrff-all-get-incurable-breast-cancer

And another group brings down a corporation with prayer.

god-sends-mice-punish-pro-gay-tesco

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #43
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I hope some secret government agency somewhere uses such bollocks to compile a list of the completely deluded twats, just to ensure none get into a position that has any influence in the future.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #44
West491
Obsessed Member

They could of at least had the letter proofread for errors, preferably by someone who can read better than they.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #45
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

They did, that is from the only one with one of them edumacation thingies.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote