Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
W1THTEETH
New Member!

Its Been 10 Years Old Friends

Hello Friends,

My old handle was WITHTEETH. I was here back in the day of Ghoulslime's pilgrimage and when Sam Harris was interviewed here. Since then I've graduated from a university where I studied philosophy, psychology, and classic literature. My main philosophical influences are Thomas Reid, William James, and Wittgenstein. There are others of course but these are the most relevant. My specialty in philosophy are Philosophy of Mind and Ancient philosophy, but I've got a general feel for all fields. I was suppose to go to grad school but my health failed me. Maybe I talk about that some other time but this isn't really the place for it.

One interesting thing I've learned is the turbulent, turbid waters of metaphysics: Problems of freewill and determinism, if there is something to be called a god out there, is there a mind? What is consciousness? I find I'm not so certain about these issues as I once was and have taken a pragmatic stance on these interminable questions. That is, I decide based on the consequence of there beliefs, not on their proof since proof is on both sides of the aisle. One important thing I've learned are the limits of science. I plan on being the devil's advocate for the sake of arguments on some issues for the sake of debate. Hopefully I have the patience to do it by way of the elenchus.

Is Rhinoqulous still on here? I miss that guy.
W1THTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote