Old 10-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #76
Jahrta

i like how he believes adding "ergo" does something to distract the reader from the fact that he has no grasp of what he claims to understand, let alone that pesky "reality" thing.

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #77
nkb
He who walks among the theists

We're still waiting for you to present this evidence of God that you are claiming. Mind you, we're looking for evidence, not idle speculation.

I can't wait to see what evidence you present, specifically for how you get from the infantile "there must be a Creator" to the asinine "it's my bestest buddy Jesus".

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #78
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
And 'traditionally defined' IS : A personal Theistic Creator who is over his Creation . A force or a part within Creation cannot be the Creator of the Universe because our personal Universe came into finite existence from nothing and requires a cause outside of the Universe. Personal NON material things as well as personality can only come from another of simular traits...and not the absurd atheistic belief from dirt, rocks, and other materials. How come you dont want a personal theistic Creator to exist ...what are the implications to God existing for your own personal life ? Please list. Thanks.
As traditionally defined, God is all "smoke and mirrors." You have no more evidence for the existence of "a personal, theistic creator" than I have for "an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit-god."

I would ask you: Do you want an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit-god to exist?

If you think an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit-god is silly, well, I think the same of your conception of alleged god. However, the point is that neither is verifiable.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #79
Jahrta

Quote:
And 'traditionally defined' IS : A personal Theistic Creator who is over his Creation . A force or a part within Creation cannot be the Creator of the Universe because our personal Universe came into finite existence from nothing and requires a cause outside of the Universe. Personal NON material things as well as personality can only come from another of simular traits...and not the absurd atheistic belief from dirt, rocks, and other materials. How come you dont want a personal theistic Creator to exist ...what are the implications to God existing for your own personal life ? Please list. Thanks.
1.) You have no idea what you're talking about - any science classes you apparently took were targeted at toddlers, at best. I am officially calling you out: WERE YOU HOME SCHOOLED, YES OR NO? If not, I'd like to know where you went to public school so I can write a letter to the science department. Odds are, if you weren't home schooled you attended a religious "school" with its own insidious agenda.

2.) Purposefully misrepresenting facts won't earn you any brownie points here (or at least not the kind of "brownie points" you might have had in mind - see Choobus for additional information on our Theist Apologetic Greeting Program).

3.) We've shown you NUMEROUS times now that the DEMONSTRABLY FALSE arguments listed above are, in fact, DEMONSTRABLY FALSE. It's not our fault you refuse to learn, acknowledge, process and grow. You continue to parrot the same false assertions, bald-faced lies and infantile arguments repeatedly as if to imply that they haven't been bashed into the ground numerous times across this thread.

4.) Acknowledge our replies as the answers that they are to the questions and statements you've been regurgitating here, or leave. You're not going to change anyone's mind with your arguments here because we know that they are 100% baseless, and you would too if you ever bothered to do any critical thinking or research.

5.) You were never an atheist. You were a thug and a vandalising piece of excrement who made a conscious decision to suspend belief in god or the supernatural because you thought that by doing so it gave you license to do whatever you wanted with/to whomever/whatever you wanted. You didn't arrive at your brand of atheism out of any research or critical thought, because you've demonstrated here your complete and total lack of ability to engage in either of those activities with any degree of success. I would go as far as to say that your claim to have been an atheist at one point in time is a serious insult to the people on this forum who call themselves atheists. We didn't decide to become atheists to "escape" anything other than the mental retardation that accompanies religious "thinking."

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #80
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Jahrta wrote View Post
4.) Acknowledge our replies as the answers that they are to the questions and statements you've been regurgitating here, or leave.
No theist member of this forum has ever done that.

It's just not what they do, as it's not part of their M.O., which is collecting "souls." It has been my observation that, generally, they're just itinerant preachers who are completely uninterested in engaging intellectual discourse. They come here to "spread the word."

However, eventually, they do wind up leaving and, presumably they do so no less embittered or more gratified than when they first showed up on our virtual doorstep. My guess is, it's just another day in hell for them.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #81
Jahrta

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
No theist member of this forum has ever done that.

It's just not what they do, as it's not part of their M.O., which is collecting "souls." It has been my observation that, generally, they're just itinerant preachers who are completely uninterested in engaging intellectual discourse. They come here to "spread the word."

However, eventually, they do wind up leaving and, presumably they do so no less embittered or more gratified than when they first showed up on our virtual doorstep. My guess is, it's just another day in hell for them.
No, I'm sure that more often than not they leave here thinking they taught us a lesson or helped "plant a seed" or whatever the fuck it is these morons believe. Every single one of them seems to be incapable of critical thought. Mindless drooling zombies.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #82
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post

I'm sure you would dismiss the assertion that an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit is God.

Edited for clarity.
Lettuce worship His pink and fuzzy love, if we carrot all for our souls!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #83
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
I ridiculed Christians , told jokes about God, and even urinated on Church grounds.
Christians are dumb shits. God is a joke. And churches are full of shit, so, hey, piss on them!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #84
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Jahrta wrote View Post
You were a thug and a vandalising piece of excrement who made a conscious decision to suspend belief in god or the supernatural because you thought that by doing so it gave you license to do whatever you wanted with/to whomever/whatever you wanted.
I would like to point out that he is still very much a piece of excrement.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #85
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #86
Kamikaze189

Quote:
Kamikazee wrote : 'I'm an atheist because I believe god doesn't exist, at least as traditionally defined'

REPLY: And by making this absolute statement , you have confirmed it by examining all sections of the Universe behind every planet, star, sun, nebula, etc...and know with certainty that what you believe is absolutely true ?
As I wrote before, the words "God exist" are either superstitious or meaningless. They can refer to a powerful, bearded man floating in the clouds -- a god that exists in the same way as you and I -- who is entirely within the range of experimentation. These words can also abuse the word "exist". Some theists believe there is a god that "exists" without occupying space. How, though, can that be called existence?

So which are you offering? A god of superstition, or existence without existing?

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #87
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Indeed. It does give me paws to contemplate the bountiful gifts of our pink and fuzzy, leporid overlord.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #88
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
I WAS an atheist wannabe , proclaimed it, and lived it. I ridiculed Christians , told jokes about God, and even urinated on Church grounds. I was proud of my rebellion. But, I had to stop playing the self-induced charade game that the extreme complexity of the Cosmos and things in it like the DNA molecule were just accidental/without purpose and that materials like dirt, rocks, and planets from an accidental huge explosion ultimately led up to a 206 bone human being having a brain said to be the most complex instrument in the Universe known to man.

It is far far more plausible that the remnants at StoneHenge arrived by mudslides, rain, sun, precise lightening strikes on rocks, strong winds, a few earthquakes, time, with the magical wand of chance ....yet you wouldnt dare believe that (or, would you my Friend ?!)

Stone Henge (not the Spinal Tap ditty) , were put there by people. Wands, mud and lightning????????
The brain may well get outdone by upcoming supercomputer technology. Or will your God stop that?????
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #89
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
In order :

1. I understand micro and macro evolution precisely. Do you understand the laws of physics and biology completely make macro evolution (darwinnian evolution) totally impossible ? Further, before you discuss macro evolution, you need to show that abiogenesis took place . Can you without resorting to unsubstantiated theories ?
2. What helped me fornicate was duping myself to willfully suppress my moral conscience which is at the heart of social atheism.
3. How did the first moral 'evolve' in a material universe ? Did a Pet Rock affirm that Humans should really be moral ?!
4. Ive read alot of Dawkins. Unconvincing based on his hatred for the Christian Faith . Not even a good militant atheist Leader since he is interviewed confessing to Intelligent Design/a Personal Creator with Ben Stien.
4.a. The atheistic excuse concerning the human eye has been debunked if you do a google. I suspect you wouldnt want to go without your 'poor designed' eyes for even a day. How about explaining how evolution gave us the human eye when if any part of the eye is missing, it is rendered inoperable -- precisely what Darwin said would end his THEORY completely.
5. Nature doesnt willfully design, engineer, nor provide specific complex messages as in the DNA molecule to the tune of an entire set of Enclyopedia Britiannica (one cells worth of specified info) . Nature isnt a Creator anymore than going to Cornwall for a genuine Cornish Pasty makes you a Pasty.
6. Like everyone else on earth, you know intrinsically, that there has to be an intelligent Architect behind all of this .... its only Mans pride , arrogance, and willful rebellion that keeps him from admitting it verbally. Its part of the willful personal con game to get what we want IE: A life that puts US in control and US that is god .

1. No they do not. A huge fossil record disagrees with you here. As does more philosophy than backs up the , we appeared through magic bollocks my dear.

2. I don't believe you have ever fornicated, but if you did you did because we are programmed to reproduce , every gene. So feeling guilty about it has more to do with your environment , in my opinion, than your genes and make up.

3.Morals eveolved because if they didn't we would have destroyed ourselves before ever moving out of caves. Societies would not form, groups of coordinated beings would have more succes than lone randomly behaving beings. Can you not see that?

4. I am happy to debate, but please don't just quote some or other U Tube shit. Dawkins has not ever accepted Intelligent designs shit. What next. I suppose the old Charles Darwin claiming his own work to be crap on his death bed eh?

5. Well neither is God... so nature is currently doing thise things.... you cannot show me that its God. Unless your Pantheist ( which you clearly are not) in which case you would be using the TERM god as a descriptive phrase to describe nature. Viruses mutate all the time. That is nature.

6. I would say that it is mans pride that makes us want to think we are far more special than we actually are, and that things out there that when understood and learnt, could make us truly great, are not worth learning because God did it.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #90
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Also I believe as most do that this guy is using the old."I used to be an atheist" bollocks to try and empathise enough to make us feel , "hey thidude is alright, he is one of us lets absorb his shit because he was an atheist but has now seen reason"... or some such shit. Seen it all before. Funny how the religious need to sink to such conceited levels. But God's ok with that.