Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
psychodiva
I Live Here

Sternwallow: the best of

He always knew how to say hello and make the chew toys feel welcome

Quote:
That set of premises is the single most uniformly wrong concoction that I have seen since my own brushes with illogic in the days before I knew there were courses that included training in logic.

Each of the premises has one or more severe faults which, by itself, invalidates the conclusion.

That not being enough, your justification against KC also has a severe flaw in each point.

There is not enough right about your argument to bother itemizing them. Just step away from the keyboard and give this topic a little more thought.

Here is a hint to get you started: you cannot replace a bad argument with a worse argument. This is not a contest for last place.

That being said, welcome to the forum.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
psychodiva
I Live Here

And he always gave the chew toys really good advice

Quote:
Both stupid and wrong.

None of the schizos who are sure they are god nor other fools who believe them are the slightest evidence other than that people can be horribly mistaken/deluded.

Have you any real evidence for Jesus? A blood sample from first century whose donor had no father would be nice.

Get a soap box.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
psychodiva
I Live Here

And always made sure to use words they could understand

Quote:
Argument from ancient colloquial aphorism, that is one of the rarer fallacies used on this forum. It is refreshing though not a logical argument. It ranks up there with "moss always grows on the North side of trees" for illogic (false in the entire southern hemisphere and equatorial latitudes).

It happens to be right in the case of the creation of the universe, but not in a way that is useful to your argument. Nothing can come from nothing and that includes the universe which is measurably nothing and is therefore easy to to bring into existence. (per L. Krauss)

You have not shown why an infinite regress of contingent causes is any more problematic an explanation than an eternal creator.

However you manage to come to a deist conclusion, you have no way, apparently, to show that the cause has any more intelligence or intention or purpose or power than a falling pebble does in creating a splash.
Quote:
The alleged infinite regress of contingent states does not require a first state any more than an eternal creator does.

The multiverse hypothesis, a mathematical result, solves the anthropic problem (which is not a problem and needs no solution). Multiverses are not relevant to the current topic of whether there was a cause for the beginning of the universe or not.

Here is another aphorism: "Time iw what is measured by clocks". Taking clocks to mean any process involving change, we might conclude that if there was no change, there would be no time. That, in turn, would explain why time began to exist when the singularity (or its finite alternative) first began to change, that is the Big Bang event, the first event to ever occur.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I did enjoy these 'Questions to Stump a Theist'

What would make someone think that being born of a virgin, a characteristic of almost very god and hero of antiquity, makes that person related to god in any way?

How is resurrection necessarily the work of the Christian god rather than some other god or some other, non-intentional, resurrecting process?

How does being born of a virgin make anything that person says true?

Why does Joe Pesci have as good or better a record at answering prayers as God does?

Why do God's people need to confine Him in a special house in order to worship Him and why won't He support it financially if He likes it so much?

How exactly does being crucified atone for anyone else's sin, including the sin of crucifying someone?

If the price of sin is eternal damnation, how does a few hours of torment repay that?

To what authority must God report that prevents Him from simply forgiving all sins? It isn't a matter of justice since God's mercy is the opposite of justice. It isn't a matter of our free will since God freely overrides our free will whenever He wishes.

How is eternal fiery torment, Hell, a product of a beneficent loving God?

I don't recall seeing any responses from the massed ranks of cow.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I don't think you ever will.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
DyingStrong

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
I'd be delighted to know that after my death, my organ will continue to hump away.
Oh, sure, you say that now, but what will you say when the time actually comes? Nothing, you'll be dead.

That is why I am delighted to know that, after I die, all of my organs will be bronzed and put on display just to tease all those sick people who need them.[/hypothetical]

Your "delighted to know" is just as good or better than my "delighted to know" since neither of us really knows.

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...7&postcount=22
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post
Oh, sure, you say that now, but what will you say when the time actually comes? Nothing, you'll be dead.

That is why I am delighted to know that, after I die, all of my organs will be bronzed and put on display just to tease all those sick people who need them.[/hypothetical]

Your "delighted to know" is just as good or better than my "delighted to know" since neither of us really knows.

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...7&postcount=22
It makes the tears flow.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
DyingStrong

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
It makes the tears flow.
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #9
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I would say Amen brother. Instead I will just gracefully accept your beautiful sentiments in quiet admiration.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote