Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
nkb: leave some for the rest. don't be greedy.
You're right, although I'm not keeping anyone else from responding.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
seminarian wrote View Post
This chew toy will give you indigestion.

Based on what I have seen so far, it doesn't look like a whole lot of you are brilliant conversationalists.
Well, from our end of the spectrum, neither are you.

Anyway, chew toys (a.k.a trolls) are, by definition dyspeptic so, naturally, gnawing on them will cause indigestion. But our immune systems are hardy from practice.

Besides, you're outnumbered here, my angry friend, so you're going to need to be pretty agile to keep up with the barrage. That is, if folks here decide not to ignore you altogether.

Maybe you can play tag-team with our resident crazy Catholic lady, Lily. Have you met her yet?

If you two do decide to team up, make sure you get your "facts" straight, as we will definitely seize upon any contradictions between the two of you.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
seminarian

Quote:
So, if you know what a chew toy is, why would you make such a vacuous statement.
When you get done trying to urinate on my leg, we'll get on with the real discussion. As I said, you are not much of a conversationalist.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #19
nkb

Quote:
Oh, the "not very Christian" card, first cracker out of the box!
Well, I am responding to your posts, so which cracker comes out of the box first was entirely your choosing.

So, it's not a Christian doctrine to "turn the other cheek"?
Quote:
Let's just say that fundamentalist evangelical atheists gave me the inspiration for this.
You needed atheists to inspire you to evangelize? Your church elders are not earning their salaries.

Quote:
As to whether anybody from this forum was on my forum, the ones on my forum were indeed of the raving variety, so I thought this might be a good place to find them.
So, guilt by association? Well, let us know if you identify anyone here as the trespasser, although, to my knowledge, none of the regular posters here troll on Christian sites.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
When you get done trying to urinate on my leg, we'll get on with the real discussion. As I said, you are not much of a conversationalist.
Define your god. What are its physical attributes?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
seminarian

Quote:
Besides, you're outnumbered here, my angry friend, so you're going to need to be pretty agile to keep up with the barrage.
I have only met one or two atheists who can stay in the ring with me in matters of substance, so the numbers don't concern me.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #22
nkb

Quote:
Holy crap, you aren't very good at analogies, are you? Ok, that's been duly noted, I will try to ignore all but the most egregious ones.

Ummm, what real discussion? You said you were just going to quote scripture at us. What part was open to discussion?

Incidentally, we should probably take this (and any other) "discussion" to the appropriate sections, since this is the Introduce Yourself section.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #23
seminarian

Quote:
So, it's not a Christian doctrine to "turn the other cheek"?
Did you miss the post where I said it's my mission to preach the gospel?

Quote:
You needed atheists to inspire you to evangelize?
You're not one of those atheists who insists on playing dumb thinking that's somehow clever, are you?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I have only met one or two atheists who can stay in the ring with me in matters of substance, so the numbers don't concern me.
Well, knock off the insults already (we can see that you're practiced at slinging shit; so are we) and get down to business. Define your god. What are its physical attributes?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #25
seminarian

Quote:
Define your god. What are its physical attributes?
Two arms, two legs, two eyes, one nose, intellect, emotion.

Yes, he was a man at one time.

Don't you know this stuff?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #26
Eva
Super Moderator

the gospel according to you, semi, or bible quoting all the way?
because there's a difference....and we ban the copy-pasters...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #27
nkb

Quote:
Did you miss the post where I said it's my mission to preach the gospel?
Did you miss your own quote that you are doing this as a means of retaliation?
Quote:
You're not one of those atheists who insists on playing dumb thinking that's somehow clever, are you?
If it seems like I'm playing dumb, it's probably due to having to respond to your posts.

So, make up your mind, are you here because atheists on your own forum piss you off, or because you're spreading Jebus' word?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #28
seminarian

Quote:
Well, knock off the insults already (we can see that you're practiced at slinging shit; so are we) and get down to business.
Hey, I didn't start with the "chew toy" thing. But since you are ready to start, see my previous post.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
nkb

Quote:
Two arms, two legs, two eyes, one nose, intellect, emotion.

Yes, he was a man at one time.

Don't you know this stuff?
Who's playing dumb now?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #30
seminarian

Quote:
If it seems like I'm playing dumb, it's probably due to having to respond to your posts.
Do they have an "ignore" feature on this forum?