Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #46
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Thai tea is amazing. Unfortunately, it is hard to find. I once got a restaurant in Harvard Square to sell me a bag from their distributor but I have never seen it for sale. The Thai restaurants here serve it cold as a dessert drink. I only recently learned that it is supposed to be drunk cold-- I had always had it served as hot tea in the Thai restaurants I haunted in New England. It is highly spiced with stuff like star anise, crushed tamarind seed and I don't know what all else. It also has a kick that will kill. While it doesn't taste strong, it must contain a lot of caffeine. If you can get your hands on it, it is definitely worth trying.
teabagging in harvard square? Sounds like you must have been at the scorpion bowls from the Hong Kong......

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #47
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
teabagging in harvard square? Sounds like you must have been at the scorpion bowls from the Hong Kong......
Lily likes to swallow some warm milk with her teabagging before bed. It helps her to dream.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #48
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Last night was the count down to New Year. My GF and I ended up drinking Barcardi Breezers with a dude from Switzerland and one from Australia, and their girl friends. We stayed up most of the night, and felt like two week old urinal cakes come morning.

I spent three hours getting a Thai massage today, then hung out at a Japanese restaurant, and drank green tea. The Japanese have various different types of green tea. My favorite is Sencha or Bancha flavored with some roasted brown rice powder. I probably drank 2 liters of it today. I prefer it iced and without any sweetener. It was absolutely wonderful.

Green tea lacks the bitterness of darker and more oxidized teas. Green tea is usually grown in partially shaded areas of mountainsides. The filtered sunlight makes for a more tender tea leaf. It is much like growing radishes or peas in this regard. If a radish is grown in full sun, it will become very piquant and fibrous. The same holds true with tea.

Green tea leaves, grown in partial sun, do not turn as green as they would in full sun. (Think of some plants that you have grown in a kitchen window, that didn't get quite enough sunshine. They grow spindly, and lack normal chlorophyll levels. They are also less fibrous.)

The best green tea is usually the young leaves, carefully selected to avoid more mature leaves.

White tea is basically green tea, grown in a slightly different manner. The plants are heavily shaded so that chlorophyll doesn't even make them turn green. This method produces very tender and sweet tea leaves.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #49
psychodiva
I Live Here

wow! fascinating- thank you

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #50
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
wow! fascinating- thank you
I hope that we can enjoy cup of English tea one day, Diva.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #51
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Only in your dreams, Oedibus.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #52
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I hope that we can enjoy cup of English tea one day, Diva.
I hope so too

Old 01-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #53
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #54
psychodiva
I Live Here

eeeeewwwwwwwww - jesus juice?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #55
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Most of the bottled teas which one can buy in most American supermarkets is vile. Most of these "teas" are prepared from tea powder, and contain various dubious additives such as phosphoric acid. (At what point did some genius conclude that it is alright to add phosphoric acid to beverages which are for human consumption? )

The only good bottled tea that I have found on the shelves of American supermarkets is Tejava. Tejava has no additives, including the disgusting corn sugar sweeteners added to many competing beverages. It is not a beginner's tea. This is hard core black tea, prepared from some excellent quality leaves. It packs a mean caffeine bang. The first time I tasted it, I spat it out. Now I crave the flavor. It is the closest you can find to premium tea in a bottle in mainstream America.

In Asia, the best bottled teas are by far prepared by the Japanese. Kirin and Fuji make some pretty fair teas. Here in Thailand, I have been drinking mostly Japanese bottled teas. The only place one can't seem to find good bottled teas is in China. The donkey piss made by Nestle is all over the big cities. (Personally, I would rather suck the urine from a random taxi driver's cock than drink this disgusting drink.) China has some wonderful teas, but they are usually brewed with the sewage-like local water.

Taiwan has a few good bottled Japanese teas, but not so many. This is probably because Taiwan has by far the best availability of premium tea prepared on the spot. The Taiwanese know their tea.

Once when I was in Taipei, I started to pull a random bottle of Oishi tea from a 7-11 refrigerator. My Taiwanese friend scolded me very loudly, and led me out the door to a nearby tea stand where she hooked me up with the real deal.

I just finished drinking all of the Fuji tea out of my refrigerator, because I am headed out to the airport in a bit. I have a nice tea buzz going on.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #56
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Yesterday, Sunisa and I ate Indian food at an Irish pub here in Udon Thani. The food was so so, but the iced black tea was quite nice.

(I think I might have seen Lily in there. She was an overweight, ratty-looking, old hag, hobbling along on a cane, glowering at me for laughing too loudly with a British guy sitting across from me.)

Old 01-08-2010, 05:06 AM   #57
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #58
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #59
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
i love green tea precisely because because it tastes like fresh grass clippings, that you rake after mowing...
I usually add honey to it. But i try to stick to decaff when possible.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote