Old 01-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Many have probably asked this question before and it applies to most theists who come here - why? Some have good reasons, some it's fun to point out the flaws in their ideologies. I thought it'd be amusing to start asking these questions about our resident nut job Carico.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Evidently to suffer (as your beloved jesus did) the indignity of illogical rhetoric from a fundamentalist fuckwit.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
The Judge
Obsessed Member

BTW are you actually saying you think we're ill and you want to cure us? Of course I'd let any and everyone have such a cure if I could, but your talking bollocks - how is that going to "cure" anyone? (particulalry as we're not ill!)

Old 01-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Carico wrote
People with a conscience would never seek that fate.
People with a brain capable of logical thought would realise that all that fire and brimstone bullshit is just that - bullshit along with all your other half-baked fantasies.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Carico wrote
That's circular reasoning which obscures the truth. God gave us the ten Commandments so ...
How can we know for sure that God gave us the 10 C's? I believe they were devised by men with an agenda. Please respond without using circular reasoning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Aaaaah, here we get to this old chesnut - don't even try my friend, you're talking to a clinical psychologist. Why is it that the popular stories one hears of about delusions of grandeur are those pertaining to messianic delusions? Not to say that, clinically speaking, this is reflective of a significant proportion of all delusions, but it does beg the question, how come no one snaps and thinks they're Buddha?

Old 01-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
Down21

Some people dont deserve consciousness. Billions of years of gradual evolution wasted on ignorance. Theists would be better off as the slime from which they came.

Carico, do you believe in fire-breathing dragons?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Clarico wrote
So you have a terminal illness and it's called morality.
Clarico, your Freudian panties are adorable ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
myst7426

"Prove own faith - 'cos there's no other way to do that"

No holy war or inquisition going on right now.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
myst7426

Quote:
Carico wrote
Quote:
The Judge wrote
BTW are you actually saying you think we're ill and you want to cure us? Of course I'd let any and everyone have such a cure if I could, but your talking bollocks - how is that going to "cure" anyone? (particulalry as we're not ill!)
Yes. You're going to die someday, are you not? :| So you have a terminal illness and it's called morality. You also have another illness called; "delusions of grandeur" which is the notion that you know better than God does what the truth is. ;)
We know better than people who pass these fairy tales from one generation to the next.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
myst7426

Quote:
Carico wrote
Quote:
The Judge wrote
Aaaaah, here we get to this old chesnut - don't even try my friend, you're talking to a clinical psychologist. Why is it that the popular stories one hears of about delusions of grandeur are those pertaining to messianic delusions? Not to say that, clinically speaking, this is reflective of a significant proportion of all delusions, but it does beg the question, how come no one snaps and thinks they're Buddha?
A psychologist first has to know what the truth is before he knows what a delusion is, does he not? :| He also has to make sure that his beliefs can be supported by reality, does he not? If so, then what reality is your belief that Jesus is not the Son of God based on? :| Do you have facts to support your assertions, or just your imagination? :|

The belief of psychotics is based on only their opinions and nothing else. And even if those opinions contradict documentation and eye-witness testimony, they still will not give them up. So how is what you're doing by denying the existence of Christ any different than psychotics? :|
We live in reality where no person has ever once risen from the dead or healed people on the spot.

Secondly, we do not need proof. We are rejecting your claim that such and such occured. There is no way to prove Jesus was not the Son of God because that is a negative claim. Logically impossible.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I think Carico needs a nap! A whole post and NOT ONE smiley face! Time for your meds!!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #13
The Judge
Obsessed Member

A.) By your rationale all psychologists should be christians (yikes!)
B.) Perception is relative as is truth, but perception alone is not what diagnosis is based on
C.) I discount any "som of 'god'" because I discount "god" as an imaginary figure. Have you even READ the basic assumptions on the homepage here?...
D.) Psychotics beliefs are not based on opinions - they are informed by maladaptive cognitive processes hampered by an imbalance in brain chemistry resulting in the misinterpretation of hallucinatory experiences.
E.) I conclude that you are an asshole.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
Ponderer

Quote:
Carico wrote
So how is what you're doing by denying the existence of Christ any different than psychotics?
Cal's alter ego?
Old 01-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
Choobus
I Live Here

Carico, what would you say if I told you I had the secret for eternal life and happiness? All you have to do to get these amazing gifts is bend over and let me and some of my associates fuck you deep in your arse. Would you view my claims with suspicion, or would you start buying stock options on KY? That is essentially what you are trying to do. Somehow I don't think you will get very far. Now, bend over and hear the word of the Lord.

Assmen.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote