Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Ex Atheist

From atheist to EX atheist . Hello.

Repository for this retarded fuckwit's steaming piles of horse shit

Hello. This looks like a good forum and im pleased i signed up. Im an ex proclaimed Atheist of 10 adult years . I came to seriously consider the emphirical evidence which can only come from an intelligent Mind at work (and never natural causes) , then chose to willfully act on that knowledge by trying to get to know this personal Theistic Creator/Designer/Sustainer in a greater personal way. Thru intense diligent study of the Christian Faith from an apologetic standpoint, I willfully chose to surrender my life to The Creator which meant giving up my own desire to put myself on the throne of life . Having my many past sins totally forgiven is a freedom far greater than the 'freedom' of shunning the actual Creator of the Cosmos so i could live as i liked. I completely believe in Jesus Christ and know why it is quite rational to do so based on the scientific and historical evidences ; my Faith is based not on checking my mind at the door, but on evidence/reason/rationale/and a willingness to back it up with giving HIM the glory instead of Self. The evidence is out there in plenty, but few REALLY want to go looking at it. I wasnt one of those folks. Regards, David.

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 10-19-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
Ex Atheist

Double face palm....love it ! Reminds me of people who just cant bring themselves to look at the evidence for personal Creation because of personal ulterior motives. I used to do that all the time for the Ten years i was 'an atheist' . Now Ive taken down the Palms and I can see clearly ! And the light.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Irreligious
I Live Here

So, what's your evidence for this alleged creator?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Sure, it all makes sense, because using specious arguments to come up with a creator, logically leads to Jesus.

Dude, you're boring.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Double face palm....love it ! Reminds me of people who just cant bring themselves to look at the evidence for personal Creation because of personal ulterior motives. I used to do that all the time for the Ten years i was 'an atheist' . Now Ive taken down the Palms and I can see clearly ! And the light.
You remind me of people that have no idea what they're talking about who cannot provide the "empirical evidence" of their Santa Claus for gullible, naive, adult idiots, but will continue to claim there is some.

It's so cute that you believe and have faith, I remember when I was young and had so little knowledge of the world, I believed in so many silly things... then I grew up, which is what I suggest you do. And the facts.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Anyone who makes asinine statements about atheists putting themselves "on the throne of life", or atheists not wanting restrictions on their behavior as a reason for being a non-believer is:
a) a dishonest twat who was never an atheist
b) a selfish little prick who has no morals without someone imposing them

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Hello. This looks like a good forum and im pleased i signed up. Im an ex proclaimed Atheist of 10 adult years .
By the way, you may have been an atheist for 10 years but, so what? It doesn't sound like your atheism was based on any kind of skepticism or critical analysis of theological assertions. In other words, whatever you used to be, it doesn't appear that you were anything like most of the other posters here who call themselves atheists.

There are probably lots of lazy-minded, de-facto atheists out there. Here, is not a place where you will meet them, generally.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
I came to seriously consider the emphirical evidence which can only come from an intelligent Mind at work (and never natural causes) , then chose to willfully act on that knowledge by trying to get to know this personal Theistic Creator/Designer/Sustainer in a greater personal way.
Do tell. What can you tell us (that isn't mere speculation) about an alleged "intelligent mind" that is not the product of natural causes?

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Thru intense diligent study of the Christian Faith from an apologetic standpoint, I willfully chose to surrender my life to The Creator which meant giving up my own desire to put myself on the throne of life.
So you studied a complete line of bullshit and decided to buy it, hook, line and sinker. What, is this supposed to be a selling point?

And what the hell is "the throne of life?" Why do you have a desire to be seated upon it?

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Having my many past sins totally forgiven is a freedom far greater than the 'freedom' of shunning the actual Creator of the Cosmos so i could live as i liked.
I see. You gave up living the life you liked for one you like better.

Newsflash: That doesn't make you special. People do that all the time, if they live long enough. Some of them convert to Islam, Hinduism, Scientology, various New Age philosophies, etc. And some take up secular hobbies or whatever helps them to endure. You found a particular version of Christian theology. Mazel Tov.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
I completely believe in Jesus Christ and know why it is quite rational to do so based on the scientific and historical evidences ; my Faith is based not on checking my mind at the door, but on evidence/reason/rationale/and a willingness to back it up with giving HIM the glory instead of Self. The evidence is out there in plenty, but few REALLY want to go looking at it. I wasnt one of those folks. Regards, David.
If you have scientific and historical evidence for an alleged Jesus Christ, why do need faith? If you can feel your nose and touch it with your fingers, do also need faith to confirm that your nose is on your face? It's rather redundant, isn't it?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 10-12-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
psychodiva
I Live Here

Ex- you are one fucking sad git

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Irreligious
I Live Here

Ugh. Another drive-by.

Oh well. He was just as insipid as the usual suspects anyway.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
And what the hell is "the throne of life?"
The christain version:

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
carlsandman

Ex atheist, you must have seen a miracle, no?, wanker.

Religion, dont tread on me.
carlsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #14
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
then chose to willfully act on that knowledge by trying to get to know this personal Theistic Creator/Designer/Sustainer...
Sounds good. Are you trying to know your creator in the Biblical sense?
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

He was once a rational person, but then somebody hit him on the head with a ball-peen hammer, and he got better.

No Leprechauns, no peas!
Know Leprechauns, know peas!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote