Old 01-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #2851
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
It isn't - end of argument!

I fucking detest the "Thoughts & Prayers" bullshit every time there's an 'incident'.

Do something useful man! - give blood, give money, join and participate in aid organisations, pack aid, offer transport, cook food, offer your home for shelter - but muttering/begging for help from an imaginary all-loving turd in the sky? - fuck off.
Interesting

Smelly is attesting to, promoting if you will the teachings of Jesus, except the part about believing in God.

Do you actually do what your saying (do you walk the walk, or just talk the talk?)

I wonder how the Lord will judge Smelly? James, brother of Jesus said without works faith is dead.

I think the point is to do everything you can of course, and add prayer, not substitute prayer. The Lord helpeth those who help themselves!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #2852
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Android wrote View Post
Smelly is attesting to, promoting if you will the teachings of Jesus, except the part about believing in God.
Fuck you, fuck your fictitious jesus and fuck your god. Smelly is doing what he judges to be right.
Quote:
Do you actually do what your saying (do you walk the walk, or just talk the talk?)
I've done & continue to do them all - and more, things that fuckheads like you would never understand.
Quote:
I wonder how the Lord will judge Smelly?
I don't give one flying fuck what you and your made-up world thinks.
Quote:
I think .....
No you don't - your addled slab of brain is beyond any level of thought that would make your life worthy of my attention.

Have I made myself clear? or are some of my words to big for you to grasp?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #2853
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Fuck you, fuck your fictitious jesus and fuck your god. Smelly is doing what he judges to be right.
I've done & continue to do them all - and more, things that fuckheads like you would never understand.
I don't give one flying fuck what you and your made-up world thinks.
No you don't - your addled slab of brain is beyond any level of thought that would make your life worthy of my attention.

Have I made myself clear? or are some of my words to big for you to grasp?
God Bless you Smelly for your good works!

I've often thought that a non believer who does good works is almost better than a believer who does the same, because the non believer is more altruistic - doesn't expect a reward.

I wonder if God counts that?

The Church teaching is that no matter how good and bountiful your works are Smelly - you've for sure done some really bad shit too.... so you still need some form of repentance and means for forgiveness.

Have you also said sorry to all those you've wronged? I wonder if that would count for a non believer?

Intriguing. Only God knows.

The Church position is that your damned because you don't believe in God - but I question that.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #2854
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
The Church teaching is that no matter how good and bountiful your works are Smelly - you've for sure done some really bad shit too.... so you still need some form of repentance and means for forgiveness.
Looks like I forgot to add - and 'Fuck your Church'
Quote:
Have you also said sorry to all those you've wronged?
Apart from the cunt I knocked out in a rugby match after he kicked my mate in the teeth?

Any more stupid fucking questions?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #2855
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Looks like I forgot to add - and 'Fuck your Church'
Apart from the cunt I knocked out in a rugby match after he kicked my mate in the teeth?

Any more stupid fucking questions?
Guess who also basically said "fuck the church" - when he went apeshit at the temple.

A kindly sole named JESUS!

Extra God Bless!!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #2856
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Guess who also basically said "fuck the church" - when he went apeshit at the temple.

Extra God Bless!!!!
Andrew,

Don't you think that it's interesting in spite of people saying "fuck the church" and bitching, whining and complaining about God and why he allows suffering and why there is so much dysfunction in the world we read this in the Words of Matthew/ (NIV);very inspiring.

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. A
  1. nd surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

All the naysayers in the world won't change that.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:13 AM   #2857
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Andrew,

Don't you think

JJ
No, that's what the church is there for. It will tell you what to think.

Quote:
Andrew,

... "fuck the church"

All the naysayers in the world won't change that.

JJ
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 AM   #2858
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
jerrypong?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:20 AM   #2859
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Extra God Bless!!!!
Excellent point, Andrew. Let us post a review of that "scene"

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

Now, I will state that I have seen some Catholic cathedrals that look just like this. They sell "holy" cards, rosaries, candles you can light for the dead etc. I do believe that changes a house of prayer to a den of thieves. That said my secretary is Catholic AND very Christian, charitable and believes Christ died for sins and everlasting life. She's got the basics.

What the raving whiners, moan and bitchers about Christianity don't seem to "get" when they talk about the Church "taking/stealing" money from you in exchanges for grace is is a wrong headed thought.

It does take financial resources to "run a church." I own a small business Andrew, in case you didn't know. Electricity, paying off the Church building, parking lot maintenance, grounds maintenance, the salary of the Pastor, office staff, (and some churches provide housing as well for their Pastors and they receive a relatively small salary." need to be paid.

That said there are prosperity gospel teachers that do indeed preach the prosperity gospel which leads some atheists to believe it's just a money making scheme. Some are and some are not.

You might think the atheist dumbshits would know this but they don't seem to have a business sense about them.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 AM   #2860
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
. The Lord helpeth those who help themselves!
The shoplifter's motto?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 AM   #2861
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I'm not a big fan in omniscience.
So you're not much of a fan of a lot of the buybull either then?

(Here's just a small selection of apropriate quotes):

“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!” (Romans 11:33).

“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).

“Whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything” (1 John 3:20).

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I really don't know though.
This is much is abundanatly clear.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I just "hope" there is a God afterall...
I thought you "knew" that there was a god and moreover not just "a god" but a christian one no less becasue you say there's so much "evidence" for your version of it.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
It might be possible to know the future and still allow for free will choices however - I don't think this can be ruled out (you seem to rule it out).
I do rule this out based on logic that is axiomatic given christological assumptions of an omnimax creator yet you appear to have gone against centuries of christian dogma ("god's" omniscience) in an attempt to circumvent this logic. However you offer no further details of how you imagine this might work.

Please do enlighten us.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 01-12-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:37 AM   #2862
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
God Bless you Smelly for your good works!

I've often thought that a non believer who does good works is almost better than a believer who does the same, because the non believer is more altruistic - doesn't expect a reward.

I wonder if God counts that?

Have you also said sorry to all those you've wronged? I wonder if that would count for a non believer?

Intriguing. Only God knows.

The Church position is that your damned because you don't believe in God - but I question that.
Was there ever a more patronising attempt at killing with kindness LOL

I think I'd be more offended if you took the protestant stance with their principle of sola fide since this would simply disregard any and all of one's charitable works:
Ephesians 2:8–9 "For by grace ye are saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

But by ignoring Ephesians you're only left with James which isn't much better:
James 2:26 "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."

It's a real shame that you are unable to recognise true kindness that flows from a humanistic recognition of being part of a common collective. Are you honestly telling me that you (or any other chistian for that matter) actually only does any kind act because they expect reward?! Such a stance is arguable abhorrently mercenary and ultimately self-centred and anti-ethical.

I submit that humanist ethcis supercede religious ones because they are not enforced by a carrot and a stick but based on empathy and social conscience.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #2863
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
What the raving whiners, moan and bitchers about Christianity don't seem to "get" when they talk about the Church "taking/stealing" money from you in exchanges for grace is is a wrong headed thought.

It does take financial resources to "run a church."...You might think the atheist dumbshits would know this but they don't seem to have a business sense about them.
Oh we get it JJ, but I suspect my fellow ravers etc. are more aligned with the view that all that money currently used to run churches could be better used for the measurable improvement of all rather than amongst other things continuing to feed the lies, the hypocrisy and the pointlessness of it all.
Doing away with churches altogether could very well be more beneficial in many more ways and for many more people.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #2864
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Excellent point, Andrew. Let us post a review of that "scene"

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

Now, I will state that I have seen some Catholic cathedrals that look just like this. They sell "holy" cards, rosaries, candles you can light for the dead etc. I do believe that changes a house of prayer to a den of thieves. That said my secretary is Catholic AND very Christian, charitable and believes Christ died for sins and everlasting life. She's got the basics.

It does take financial resources to "run a church." I own a small business Andrew, in case you didn't know. Electricity, paying off the Church building, parking lot maintenance, grounds maintenance, the salary of the Pastor, office staff, (and some churches provide housing as well for their Pastors and they receive a relatively small salary." need to be paid.

That said there are prosperity gospel teachers that do indeed preach the prosperity gospel which leads some atheists to believe it's just a money making scheme. Some are and some are not.

You might think the atheist dumbshits would know this but they don't seem to have a business sense about them.

JJ
Amen brother!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #2865
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Oh we get it JJ, but I suspect my fellow ravers etc. are more aligned with the view that all that money currently used to run churches could be better used for the measurable improvement of all rather than amongst other things continuing to feed the lies, the hypocrisy and the pointlessness of it all.
Doing away with churches altogether could very well be more beneficial in many more ways and for many more people.
Christian charities (run by churches in part) are the leading source of funding and resources for the poor. At least that was referenced by a Christian spokesperson being interviewed on CNN. Assuming CNN is not entirely fake news, I trust the source.