Old 01-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #46
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
It's the same old Ebore.
Arrogant, hate-filled, angry, stupidly wrong, lazy, shit-stirring assclown with delusions of relevance.
He's too far gone to understand why his attitude gets him banned, rejected & laughed at - and why his 'ventures' all seem to go tits up.
Hell be bored and moving on pretty soon. Inshallah.
Bookrah.

Maalish.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #47
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Shukran.

Habibi.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #48
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

And the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot exist too! Why am I wasting my life on these mental midgets who can only spout godiarhea?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #49
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
And the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot exist too! Why am I wasting my life on these mental midgets who can only spout godiarhea?
Midget? - methinks you overrate the clown!
Egor's been in and out of here for quite a few years. He likes the smell of his own bullshit, which if anal-ised is the regulation convoluted nonsense which he thinks sounds oh so profound. Neither him nor his crony cohorts are capable of anything but godiarhea (good word - permission to steal?) so any attempt at honest interaction is doomed to the turd-pan, he's beyond help.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #50
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Oh, surely you've heard: The atheists have done away with Descartes axiom. You see, they think consciousness and brain activity are the same thing. I think they call it "identity theory."

What they say is that anything you think IS the biochemical/electrical activity of your brain. Hence it's an illusion, but with no one there to be illuded. It's a fancy way of saying the "you" you think you are does not exist--the feeling that you do exist IS the workings of the gelatinous neuro-mold within your skull.

It's actually a form of intellectual cowardice, and it would be the inane ramblings of a shopping-cart pushing schizophrenic, but it's the academic elite who are claiming it, the self-appointed creators of truth.

It's the same thing as saying: just because something obviously exists doesn't mean it does exist. Just because you think it is there doesn't mean there is a you to begin with. It's Winston being tortured into saying 4 fingers is really 5 (see 1984).

And it's airtight. There is no way to argue against it. It's un-falsifiable. It's their version of "God did it."

With that belief firmly in place, they could, without conscience (because they don't believe in conscience anyway), solve over-population by putting live people through massive meat grinders and feeding the ground beef to other people. Why wouldn't they? Who knows? Don't ask them--they claim they don't exist.
Interesting

I suppose even the "intellectually elite" would have to admit though

I think, therefore the activity giving rise to this belief exists, and the activity is owned and operated by "I".

Its substantially the same.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #51
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Where there is a possibility, then there is hope!

I've argued in another thread that hope is a bare minimal level of belief (this was also endorsed by the Judge - one of the more reasonable and intellectual Atheists on this site).
Do not think that a little obsequious brown-nosing allows you to misrepresent me; I characterised your notion of hope as proto-belief, NOT faith or belief. I do not endorse your view that hope equals belief.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #52
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Do not think that a little obsequious brown-nosing allows you to misrepresent me; I characterised your notion of hope as proto-belief, NOT faith or belief. I do not endorse your view that hope equals belief.
Proto-belief? Are you walking back your position?

Here is Your post Judge. You commented on my comment.

Andrew66 wrote
"Hope - as I've explained, arguably, could be interpreted as a bare minimal belief..."

Judge wrote
"No argument here. Perhaps you thought there was. There isn't. It is WHAT you hope for that counts surely, yet you seem to be fixated on merely hoping that there is something rather than nothing."

So Don't misrepresent my correct presentation.

If you've changed your mind that's fine. I guess your embarrassed that you agreed with a Theist? - shame.

Last edited by Andrew66; 01-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 AM   #53
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shukran.

Habibi.

Afwan.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #54
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

hal tafeal alsharj

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:59 AM   #55
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Proto-belief? Are you walking back your position?

Here is Your post Judge. You commented on my comment.

Andrew66 wrote
"Hope - as I've explained, arguably, could be interpreted as a bare minimal belief..."

Judge wrote
"No argument here. Perhaps you thought there was. There isn't. It is WHAT you hope for that counts surely, yet you seem to be fixated on merely hoping that there is something rather than nothing."

So Don't misrepresent my correct presentation.

If you've changed your mind that's fine. I guess your embarrassed that you agreed with a Theist? - shame.

Picnic, BIG picnic and popcorn all round I think.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:55 AM   #56
Egor

Quote:
It's the same old Ebore.
Arrogant, hate-filled, angry, stupidly wrong, lazy, shit-stirring assclown with delusions of relevance.
He's too far gone to understand why his attitude gets him banned, rejected & laughed at - and why his 'ventures' all seem to go tits up.
Hell be bored and moving on pretty soon. Inshallah.
Don't you find the code-language kind of childish? I mean, seriously? As for "banned." I don't get banned for being rude. When have I ever talked to you the way you talk to me (or others for that matter)? I get banned because I get massive amounts of attention online--when I'm online that is.

I grew a FB group to 93,000 members. I gave it away to another admin/friend.

I get banned because I'm controversial, and freakin smart. And it lures people away from the old guard. I mean, look at yourself, OSG (SOG, SGandO, whatever), you're the same old act. You've got disrespect down to an art, but like all diseased atheist brains, you have reached the bottom of the pot and that's where you reside. Tell me, will you leave any legacy at all? Anything?

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I suppose some would call this brain activity, whether Egor is all here though I'm not so sure.
The battle ground is not really whether God exists. I can tell you for certain, that the reality of God in his fullest is not comprehensible to human beings. What we know of God is a modality of an attribute of God (I call that attribute the Divine Attribute of Mind--just my own term), the modality is consciousness. And consciousness has lots of modalities itself--Each and every animal mind anywhere in the universe is a modality of C.

We don't need to prove God's existence. The Divine Attribute of Mind (GODdam if you prefer), cannot be held in our lesser minds. It's inaccessible to us. We can't even argue about it. But Consciousness, now that's different. The question therefore is not whether God exists, but whether you are real, and whether above you is a consciousness that includes all consciousness.

And before you scoff and act like consciousness is not scientific and rational--don't forget the role of consciousness in collapsing the quantum wave field. I know, right now I'm blowing your mind.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Oh, I know precisely why. I know atheists better than atheists know themselves. You're searching for an answer to the question.

"Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in you're mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."

Quote:
Midget? - methinks you overrate the clown!
Egor's been in and out of here for quite a few years. He likes the smell of his own bullshit, which if anal-ised is the regulation convoluted nonsense which he thinks sounds oh so profound. Neither him nor his crony cohorts are capable of anything but godiarhea (good word - permission to steal?) so any attempt at honest interaction is doomed to the turd-pan, he's beyond help.
Beyond help? Help to what, Old Purifying Git? Rational thought? By that you mean the nihilistic religious belief of atheism. The hope in extinction. It's the logical result of failing to thrive in a spiritual sense. If I were a thalidomide flipper-baby, spiritually speaking, I would probably hope for non-existence as well. But that's not going to happen, Mr. Git. And that's what drives you.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Interesting

I think, therefore the activity giving rise to this belief exists, and the activity is owned and operated by "I".

You raise a good point. Even if consciousness is "just" brain states. It is no more explainable than it has ever been. The hard problem of consciousness is still there, and it's still just as mysterious. It's the equivalent of being pissed off that one can't understand why the sky is blue, so one just decides blue is green, but then they can't explain green any better.

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Picnic, BIG picnic and popcorn all round I think.
I agree.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #57
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Interesting

]Here's some more intellectual stuff for ya

Turkish Scientist: Noah Called His Son on a Cell Phone Before Boarding the Ark
He added that Noah's Ark used nuclear energy. Obviously.
patheos.com

-

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #58
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Interesting

Disprove this, genius!

Old 01-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #59
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Ego-bore, the cult leader minus the charisma..........and followers.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #60
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
You are attacking a Straw man position.
As usual, dumbshit, you are wrong. I attacked nothing.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
Egor 1 Davin 0
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote