Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
miss-totta

Thumbs up On Death and God

im nt afraid of being dead,coz there r nothing after died..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83j-I...layer_embedded
Agreed with her.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Amen, sister. Death is nothing to be afraid of and hell is just superstitious bullshit. (Your video won't let me sign in even though I used my correct password. Oh well.)

In my opinion, here's the beauty part of being dead; when you're dead, you don't know anything, and one of those things that you don't know is, that you're dead and don't know anything! lol In other words, Nirvana.

"Death is nothing to us,
since when we are,
death has not come,
and when death has come,
we are not." Epicurus 341BCE - 270BCE

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Bravo Capt! I was thinking this very same Quote by Epicurus! When I think about our mortality I always go back to the greeks and the distinction between the Grrok Olympian Gods who are all forever Immortal and then us mere humans. And the beauty of being human to some might be that we have a sense of urgency of passion to get things done when we take into mind that we are here for only a one lifetime if that even. Its like those Chinese paintings where we get one brush stroke to complete a masterpiece, we really have to make that brush stroke matter before the paint runs out! Thats where I see the beauty in it.

Would i want to live forever though? Ummm perhaps some day i would want to die if I was immortal and there was no other humans around, but... perhaps it wouldn't be so bad! To have eternity to cultivate oneself and find all of ones interests would be an interesting to me. There is a lot of opportunity to be happy, and of course have tragedy, but thats how life already is.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Well, withteeth, the way I see it there is a huge difference between being conscious for a very, very, very long time, even millions of years, and being conscious forever. The thought of eternal conscious self-awareness scares the shit right out of me. I very much do not want that, thank you very much. You can have it, that's fine with me, but none for me thanks.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Simple Mind

"religion is like philosophy's retarded little cousin"

Old 01-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
Choobus
I Live Here

philosophy is like science's senile grandfather

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Simple Mind

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
philosophy is like science's senile grandfather
I guess

it's just when that girl in the link said that , I spit my drink out my nose

Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #8
Choobus
I Live Here

when confronted with reality

science will test it

philosophy will categorize it

religion will deny it

and

Ghoulslime will fuck it

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post

science will test it

religion will deny it

and

Ghoulslime will fuck it
I love being the punch line.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #10
miss-totta

Muslims often said that the day of resurrection is very close, because most signs have occurred ..

Here are minor signs of the day of Judgment according to the narrations - Ahadith e Mubarka.

1 - People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen - the slave trade ( Sahih Muslim ) - Already happened

2 - The appearance of Holy Prophet SAAW - (Al Saheehayn) - Already happened

3 - The death of Holy Prophet SAAW - ( Al Saheehayn) - Already Happened

4 - The digging of Moon (Al Saheehayn) - Two opinions about it ... one is that Holy Prophet SAAW's miracle of turning moon in half is meant here. But some scholars say

that the advent being the miracle can't be a sign of Qiyamah. So they think that the recent bringing of moon' earth that some scientists brought down here is mean in this

instance. Either way this sign has also appeared.

5 - The conquest of Jerusalem - ( At Tirmidhi ) Already happened

6 - The plague of Amwaas (Emaaus) - a city in Palestine (Sahah e Sitta)

7 - The insufficience of wealth - narration states that a man will be given 10000 and will not be content with it (Sahih Muslim) - Already Happened

8 - 30 false prophets - Partly happened

9 - The appearance of fire in Hijaaz - happened in 654 AH

10- Leaders of the people will be the worst from among them - (Al Saheehayn) - Currently justified

11- The heavy influx of Information and diminishing of knowledge - due to the deaths of scholars (Al Saheehayn) - Partly happened

12- Open and rife unlawful copulation - happening

13- Not a single person will escape usury (Sahih Bukhari) - In Process but still some people are free of it

14- The prevalence of musical instruments (Al Saheehayn) - Happened and continued

15- Widespread use of intoxicants (Sahih Bukhari) - Happened in some parts but some are still to be plagued

16- Beduins competing in constructing skyrises (Sahih Bukhari) - happening already

17- A woman giving birth to her master (Sahih Bukhari) Ibn e Hajar said that it means issues will be disobedient and even rude to their mothers - so happening

18- The haraj - Prophet SAAW explained on inquisition - mass murder - massacres (Sahih Bukhari) - happened and happening

19- A tribulation (fitnah) that will enter every house (Al Saheehayn) - Already happened - TV and media instruments

20- People will be lost in dancing and singing and will follow female singers (Sahih Muslim) - Happened and continued

21- Access to knowledge will be easy but wisdom will decrease (Ahmad) - Almost happened

22- Women will outnumber men, eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim & Ahmad) - Happening but not completely

23- Nations of earth will gather around muslims like people get around a table of food, even at that time muslims will be more in number but divided like foam of ocean

(Sahih Bukhari) - Happening

24- Sky will rain acid (At tabrani, Al Hakim) happened in Red Spruce - Maine

25- Wealth will be concentrated in a few hands, poor will not be shared in gains (At Tirmidhi) - briskly happening

26- Sudden and unexpected deaths widespread (Ahmad) i.e., heart attacks - happening

27- A treasure will emerge from Euphrates, Prophet SAAW said, whoever is present should not take anything from it (Bukhari & Muslim) Happened. A ruin has appeared

from Euphrates, seems like a drowned city of old civilization.

28- Family ties will be cut (Bukhari & Muslim) - briskly progressing

29- Arrogance will increase in earth (At Tabrani, Al Hakim) - happened

30- Great distances will be travelled in short time ( Al Saheehayn) - Happening

31- People will ride in saddles which will not be saddle-like (Bukhari) - Happening

32- Horses will no longer be used in wars (Ahmad) - Already happened

33- People will hop between sky and clouds (At Tabrani) - Happening - Sky diving

34- Women will look like men, men will look like women (Bukhari & Muslim) Happening

35- People will lie with their own genders (At Tirmidhi) - Happening - homosexuality

36- A person will leave his house and his thigh and hip will tell him what is happening back home (At Tabrani, At Tirmidhi, Al Hakim) - Happening - Cellphones

37- Dressed women will look like nudes, they will led astray and will lead others astray (Muslim) - Happening

38- People will dance late into the night (Muslim) - Happening

39- Singers will become common (Al Haythami) - Happening

40- A man will pass by a grave and wish he was in it (Bukhari) - Happening

41- A man will be righteous by day and by night will turn to evil (Bukhari) Happening

42- Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari) - Happening

43- Attempts will be made to turn deserts green at Tabouk (Bukhari & Muslim) - Happening

44- Leaders will rule by oppression (Ahmad) - Happening

45- People will claim to follow Quran and will reject Hadith & Sunnah (Abu Dawood) - Happening

46- Two large groups of muslims will kill each other with large casulties (Bukhari & Muslim) happening, Shiite-Sunni & Sunni-Wahabis

47- Bearing false witness will be widespread (Al Haythami & Ahmad) - Happening

48- People will believe a liar because of his propaganda and disbelieve the truthful (Ahmad) - Happening

49- People will reject Al Qadr, the divine decree of destiny (Al Haythami) Happening on a relatively larger scale

50- Voices will be louder in mosques [speakers] - (At Tirmidhi) - happening

51- Times will pass rapidly, a month like a week, a week like a day, a day like an hour

lol
Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 AM   #11
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
miss-totta wrote View Post
Muslims often said that the day of resurrection is very close, because most signs have occurred ..

Here are minor signs of the day of Judgment according to the narrations - Ahadith e Mubarka.

1 - People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen - the slave trade ( Sahih Muslim ) - Already happened

2 - The appearance of Holy Prophet SAAW - (Al Saheehayn) - Already happened

3 - The death of Holy Prophet SAAW - ( Al Saheehayn) - Already Happened

4 - The digging of Moon (Al Saheehayn) - Two opinions about it ... one is that Holy Prophet SAAW's miracle of turning moon in half is meant here. But some scholars say

that the advent being the miracle can't be a sign of Qiyamah. So they think that the recent bringing of moon' earth that some scientists brought down here is mean in this

instance. Either way this sign has also appeared.

5 - The conquest of Jerusalem - ( At Tirmidhi ) Already happened

6 - The plague of Amwaas (Emaaus) - a city in Palestine (Sahah e Sitta)

7 - The insufficience of wealth - narration states that a man will be given 10000 and will not be content with it (Sahih Muslim) - Already Happened

8 - 30 false prophets - Partly happened

9 - The appearance of fire in Hijaaz - happened in 654 AH

10- Leaders of the people will be the worst from among them - (Al Saheehayn) - Currently justified

11- The heavy influx of Information and diminishing of knowledge - due to the deaths of scholars (Al Saheehayn) - Partly happened

12- Open and rife unlawful copulation - happening

13- Not a single person will escape usury (Sahih Bukhari) - In Process but still some people are free of it

14- The prevalence of musical instruments (Al Saheehayn) - Happened and continued

15- Widespread use of intoxicants (Sahih Bukhari) - Happened in some parts but some are still to be plagued

16- Beduins competing in constructing skyrises (Sahih Bukhari) - happening already

17- A woman giving birth to her master (Sahih Bukhari) Ibn e Hajar said that it means issues will be disobedient and even rude to their mothers - so happening

18- The haraj - Prophet SAAW explained on inquisition - mass murder - massacres (Sahih Bukhari) - happened and happening

19- A tribulation (fitnah) that will enter every house (Al Saheehayn) - Already happened - TV and media instruments

20- People will be lost in dancing and singing and will follow female singers (Sahih Muslim) - Happened and continued

21- Access to knowledge will be easy but wisdom will decrease (Ahmad) - Almost happened

22- Women will outnumber men, eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim & Ahmad) - Happening but not completely

23- Nations of earth will gather around muslims like people get around a table of food, even at that time muslims will be more in number but divided like foam of ocean

(Sahih Bukhari) - Happening

24- Sky will rain acid (At tabrani, Al Hakim) happened in Red Spruce - Maine

25- Wealth will be concentrated in a few hands, poor will not be shared in gains (At Tirmidhi) - briskly happening

26- Sudden and unexpected deaths widespread (Ahmad) i.e., heart attacks - happening

27- A treasure will emerge from Euphrates, Prophet SAAW said, whoever is present should not take anything from it (Bukhari & Muslim) Happened. A ruin has appeared

from Euphrates, seems like a drowned city of old civilization.

28- Family ties will be cut (Bukhari & Muslim) - briskly progressing

29- Arrogance will increase in earth (At Tabrani, Al Hakim) - happened

30- Great distances will be travelled in short time ( Al Saheehayn) - Happening

31- People will ride in saddles which will not be saddle-like (Bukhari) - Happening

32- Horses will no longer be used in wars (Ahmad) - Already happened

33- People will hop between sky and clouds (At Tabrani) - Happening - Sky diving

34- Women will look like men, men will look like women (Bukhari & Muslim) Happening

35- People will lie with their own genders (At Tirmidhi) - Happening - homosexuality

36- A person will leave his house and his thigh and hip will tell him what is happening back home (At Tabrani, At Tirmidhi, Al Hakim) - Happening - Cellphones

37- Dressed women will look like nudes, they will led astray and will lead others astray (Muslim) - Happening

38- People will dance late into the night (Muslim) - Happening

39- Singers will become common (Al Haythami) - Happening

40- A man will pass by a grave and wish he was in it (Bukhari) - Happening

41- A man will be righteous by day and by night will turn to evil (Bukhari) Happening

42- Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari) - Happening

43- Attempts will be made to turn deserts green at Tabouk (Bukhari & Muslim) - Happening

44- Leaders will rule by oppression (Ahmad) - Happening

45- People will claim to follow Quran and will reject Hadith & Sunnah (Abu Dawood) - Happening

46- Two large groups of muslims will kill each other with large casulties (Bukhari & Muslim) happening, Shiite-Sunni & Sunni-Wahabis

47- Bearing false witness will be widespread (Al Haythami & Ahmad) - Happening

48- People will believe a liar because of his propaganda and disbelieve the truthful (Ahmad) - Happening

49- People will reject Al Qadr, the divine decree of destiny (Al Haythami) Happening on a relatively larger scale

50- Voices will be louder in mosques [speakers] - (At Tirmidhi) - happening

51- Times will pass rapidly, a month like a week, a week like a day, a day like an hour

lol
Number 22 somehow fails to cause me any consternation whatsoever.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
miss-totta

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post

science will test it

religion will deny it

and

Ghoulslime will fuck it

sure religion dislike any scinence doesnt agree wiht it .
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
tjakey

13.7 Billion Years of cosmic history passed that left no imprint on my memory nor touched me as an individual in any way. Then I was born. It isn't much of a reach to figure that all of cosmic history that passes after I die will have the exact same impact.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #14
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
tjakey wrote View Post
13.7 Billion Years of cosmic history passed that left no imprint on my memory nor touched me as an individual in any way. Then I was born. It isn't much of a reach to figure that all of cosmic history that passes after I die will have the exact same impact.
Exactly. You have already been dead for far longer than you have or will be alive, and it wasn't painful, scary or unless I forgot full of milk and honey.
As for would I want toi live forever? Well it's all down to quality of life really. If there is quality there, or the possibility of it my body will want to live. FOR EVER MWAAHAAAAHAAA!
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Right on Tjakey. I remember someone asking me what it was like before i was born... and that is what death is like.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote