Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Huh? He is a great source for reporting what happened to him personally. Usually ad hominem arguments are the resort of those who have no argument. Is that what just happened here?
Don't you ever read anything worthwhile. Why are you so scared.

The Portable Atheist (Selected by Christopher Hitchens) has a collection of the best atheist writing, from some of the best minds and with an Introduction by Hitchens that is worth the price of the book. Why read crap when you can read Lucretius; Shelley, George Elliot, Anatole France and, of course, Richard Dawkins.

The account of James Boswell's account of the dying David Hume is an example of the sick lie that "there are no atheists in fox holes."

This is a great read. (Not for you Lily. You lack the intellectual independence and prefer to reply on the Pope - ex Hitler Youth)
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #17
Swk6

Honestly Lily, if I even respond to you're post I will resort to an ad hominen attack. No away with you to the pasture....better yet a slaughter house would be more appropriate.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Pablobee wrote View Post
I know the council was wrong but it still makes me laugh when atheists are marginalized. That's what atheist activists have been trying to do to christians for years. A little pay back hurts doesn't it.

Atheists have to backtrack occasionally from their threats and intimidation of christians. One case below.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=71008
Does it make you laugh to see your bible being forced out of schools and replaced by reality? It makes me giggle. We are winning, asshole. It's just a matter of time.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #19
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I have no problem blocking certain sites from access in schools - as long as they are not being blocked on ideological, philosophical or religious grounds and ONLY being blocked due to the language content. However, this is not a school that is having access blocked.
no, however many organisations also ban their employees from looking at inapprpriate sites. banks etc as well as many local councils due not to the philosophical implications, but the actual content. ie ghoul showing posters of penises etc.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #20
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
no, however many organisations also ban their employees from looking at inapprpriate sites. banks etc as well as many local councils due not to the philosophical implications, but the actual content. ie ghoul showing posters of penises etc.
yes- and?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
This is one of those hypocritical religious acts that is almost too extreme to fathom. The righteous Christers see no problem with reading accounts of people blown to bits in the latest act of extremist violence, viewing the charred corpse of a “bad guy”, or watching a patriot missile being launched into the wild blue yonder on its way to deliver murder to some unsuspecting son of a bitch, but show them the edge of a nipple and they think you’ve splashed acid in their eyes.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote