Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #271
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
What is the attraction here? They can't stay away. And they never explain why they must keep coming back. Now,myself, I dislike the misuse of "disinterest" (Lily ignores me now but just in case she sneaks a look this is not entirely serious) but I am a old guy with anachronistic ideas so I keep my mouth shut. In fact, I now learn that its former misuse has become acceptible use because it is now so in vogue. OK, language changes, developes and it would be sad if it did not. But trying to impose rules, from outside, by those who wish to censor is not our atheist way: that is the christian way and we must leave it to them.
We can't just leave it ot them. They leak like an oft-used baggie and leave the stains of their bogus redefinitions of common terms all over the wider language. They commandeered "love' and "Good" and "virtue" and "hate" ... and replaced them with special and self-serving versions. Yet they will not, under threat of torture, define their God even though they will gladly speak to Him and of Him in great detail like old drinking buddies. The Christian way is repugnant if for no other reason than its war on the intellect.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #272
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Use it or lose it. And if we do not push against the boundaries who will? Not TT for sure. He wants to move in the other direction.
As a wise anonymous scriptwriter recently said, "He is trying to replace his backbone by shoving a broomstick up his ass."

Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #273
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
thomastwo wrote View Post
The problem is that you believe that you are so right in your opinions that you are entitled to hand out derision to others who disagree with you. You seem to believe that there is no need to listen to other points of view.

Your dogmatism is touching but I think ultimately a poor choice.

I'm not sure how you can tell the difference between a cowpat and your "mansion". It seems to me that the shit is all coming from your direction.
Here is a quick biology lesson: usually cowpats come from cows.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #274
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
T. Stupidest Cow wrote View Post
What straightjacket would that be? Ignoring you and getting on with whatever amuses us? You are a deeply angry old man, hell-bent on spewing all over the forum without adding one single tiny bit of insight or, even, humor. Have you ever thought about actually contributing something of value here? Angry tirades are not valuable. Spewing filth and vitriol are not valuable. Unless you get back on your meds and become reasonably civil and able to make a real point, you are only going to have Cal and Whisper to interact with. Everyone else, atheist and theist alike will ignore you. Most do now. Or hadn't you noticed?
Broga is more civil than many here, your hateful self included and he gets an accordingly more respectful hearing than you. That must be deeply galling for you, as evidenced by your uncivil remarks about it.

It is again, so soon, mirror time for the cruciform dildo wrangling bovine. Projection does not become you, it defines you.
Quote:
This is the proof, were any more needed, that you are out of your mind. Thomas is one of the more articulate and intelligent posters here. That was true even when the forum IQ was substantially higher than it is now. Unlike me, he has never lost his patience, has always responded appropriately and managed, for as long as there was even one person responding to the actual point under discussion, to make interesting arguments. Apart from your staggering dishonesty, divide and conquer won't work. Give it a rest, for crying out loud.
It was you who brought up the notion so it has had some effect on you. Divide and conquer work better than you think if you must try to point it out post after post. Comparisons between you and TT are not complementary to you and are even worse for him, your tagalong comic sidekick.

Bad mad cow.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #275
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
We can't just leave it ot them. They leak like an oft-used baggie and leave the stains of their bogus redefinitions of common terms all over the wider language. They commandeered "love' and "Good" and "virtue" and "hate" ... and replaced them with special and self-serving versions. Yet they will not, under threat of torture, define their God even though they will gladly speak to Him and of Him in great detail like old drinking buddies. The Christian way is repugnant if for no other reason than its war on the intellect.
You state things so well, Stern. I have often found this infuriating in the religious apologists. They try to redefine words rather than accept the fact that their buybull is bullshit. Their use of language is very Orwellian. God "loved" people so he slaughtered them, and sometimes ordered them to torture and slaughter each other. He "so loved the world" that he had his son horribly tortured and killed so that he could "show how much he loved us". Yeah, so god is willing to let his son die a horrible death "to reveal his glory to the world." Forgiving us was not an option, apparently: it required the horrible death of an innocent per the "rules" which HE apparently backed himself into a corner with. Nice god they worship...YIKES! As George Carlin put it: "......but he LOVES you...."
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #276
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
You state things so well, Stern. I have often found this infuriating in the religious apologists. They try to redefine words rather than accept the fact that their buybull is bullshit. Their use of language is very Orwellian. God "loved" people so he slaughtered them, and sometimes ordered them to torture and slaughter each other. He "so loved the world" that he had his son horribly tortured and killed so that he could "show how much he loved us". Yeah, so god is willing to let his son die a horrible death "to reveal his glory to the world." Forgiving us was not an option, apparently: it required the horrible death of an innocent per the "rules" which HE apparently backed himself into a corner with. Nice god they worship...YIKES! As George Carlin put it: "......but he LOVES you...."
Exactly. Just consult scripture on what a "day" means to get a flavor of the rape of language embodied therein.