Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #1291
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
P.S. If youre at all interested, heres a book that was written by an ATHEIST Surgeon on ressusitation attempts of people whom he tape recorded first hand of people seeing Hell then coming back around. http://www.thegodmovie.com/ . If you would rather just blow it off , then id understand because i did the same thing when i was at your stage of life. But it is interesting, factual, and real.
An atheist who believes in hell makes about as much sense as a Christian who worships Buddha as his lord and savior.

No one has ever charted where an alleged hell is supposed to be, let alone tape recorded anyone in an actual place called hell. This surgeon merely tape-recorded people who appear to be convinced that they were in hell based on the many lies that their cultures have told them about an alleged hell. The surgeon could have just as easily chosen to tape record other sincerely delusional people sharing their tales about how they were surreptitiously accosted by extraterrestrial beings, kidnapped by them and subjected to intense anal probes. Or he could have recorded delusion folks telling him about their brushes with Big Foot or the Lochness Monster. There are folks out there who would be inclined to believe these stories.

However, I doubt that you would be overly interested in those kinds of testimonials. I also doubt that you possess much ability to see the similarity in those tales and the ones you are attempting to peddle here. That's because you were never a skeptical thinker when it comes to your god beliefs and, hence, not an atheist.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #1292
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist, you fail to see how saying that no atheist lacks a belief in god is contradictory to what atheist means. Let alone ever being atheist as Ex Atheist has never not believed in god.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Bullshit again, you've provided no evidence, only keep stating that you've provided evidence. In reality, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat something, it doesn't change that you've never provided evidence.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Its not the Theists that are silly, childish, rediculous, ad nauseum...rather its our counterparts that are all because of foolish pride/rebellion/and desire not to be owned by anyone greater than Self (which IS the very problem our first parents had that has been multiplied down thruout the centuries) . If you were truly an atheist, then you certainly would NOT have asked your Parents when you were about 5 or 6 WHERE everything came from and HOW did it all get here ...you would have already known it was 'purely accidental' . But even at that age you were wise enough. Strange how the years and pride make us sillier isnt it ?
What counterparts? According to you everyone believes in god, so you have no counterparts, everyone is the same. I don't know how this childish baseless belief that everyone believes in god helps you out at all. All it does is show that you're denying the existence of real people that do not believe in god, showing that you lied about being an atheist and that you're adverse to reality.

There is no pride or rebellion in saying that I was not created for a purpose by a god, that is the opposite of pride and as for rebellion: there is none. What you see as "rebellion" is an honest path to understanding reality as much as a person can.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #1293
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
You seem to be the only one left in here who has some semblence of reason, rationale, and who knows right from wrong by not spewing forth foul and vile language...so, im going to just spend some time with you for awhile , unless you too get out of hand .
Nobody here is going to give you the respect you demand, because you refuse to accord us the reciprocal respect that you think is owed to you. You were never given an open invitation to preach here on this atheist forum. If we wanted to be preached at, we surely don't need you for that. I have religous friends and family members, and I know the location of the church nearest to my home.

If I wanted to be preached at, I could choose from any number of wild-eyed evangelical egoists or milquetoast Methodist ministers with whom I am acquainted. But I don't come to an atheist forum to be preached at by liars with overactive imaginations. I'd like them to answer my questions for a change-- and answer them honestly-- instead of evading them, as they always do.

You've worn out your welcome here because you have proven yourself to be just another dishonest charlatan. I will not ignore you, because you're in our house and your behavior is too rude to ignore.

Your rudeness has nothing to do with frank language. That, I can handle. However, blatant liars who won't acknowledge that they are lying when they claim to know things that they don't, well, that's another thing, entirely.

There is no good excuse for that, especially when we all know that you're preaching your faith and your prejudices, instead of attempting to engage us with any demonstrable facts you might have at your disposal.

If you truly had any understanding what it is to be an atheist or a skeptic, you would stop preaching at us as though you were some crazed escapee from the Westboro Baptist Church and start backing up your claims with some verifiable facts.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #1294
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
You seem to be the only one ....who knows right from wrong by not spewing forth foul and vile language...
Shitsucking cuntslapper, vile language is all you warrant; you are to society as sewage is to fine dining. Why not shut the fuck up and, inevitably, rise in the estimation of all who have experienced your demented ramblings?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 AM   #1295
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Neveran Atheist wrote View Post
Im not a Troll. Im just trying to get you to Heaven instead of believing in the big lies of our Culture that the enemy makes so appealing to us. You ARE familiar with the 3 very specific big lies arent you ????
You have to learn to keep your cheap, run-down Heaven to yourself. It is not for you to try to get me to go anywhere. You do not know enough (anything, that is) to tell anyone else about anything supernatural. Therefore, anything that you claim to know about the unnatural is a lie.

You are not entitled to curiosity about what I believe nor to an interest in changing it.

The really big lies are:
1) A person certainly believes in God even if they do not.
2) A deceitful, hateful, jealous, murdering God is love.
3) You have free will even though your choices have always been fixed and unchangeable.
4) The creator of the universe wrote our sacred texts.
5) Morality can be expressed as a list of ambiguous rules.
6) Disagreement with you is the same as blasphemy against God.
7) There is a sentient non-human enemy of human goodness.
8) Facts do not exist outside of your puny imagination.
9) Miracles substantiate all claims made by religions.
10) Revelation, intuition and imagination (dreams) are valid information sources
11) God is the answer to all currently unsolved questions.
12) It is OK, in fact a duty, to lie to non-believers.
13) Infinite torture is just punishment for finite or zero sin.

Finally, if you persist in your present course, you will be a troll in fact and in deed if not in mind. In that case, I will recommend you be sequestered where the products of your relaxed sphincter will not contaminate respectable threads.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #1296
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
I will recommend you be sequestered where the products of your relaxed sphincter will not contaminate respectable threads.
Oh, fear not Sterny, this demented dribbler's going nowhere other than this single thread where he can be openly laughed at and poked. I'm amazed anyone has the patience even to mock the trolling idiot.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #1297
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
You seem to be the only one left in here who has some semblence of reason, rationale, and who knows right from wrong by not spewing forth foul and vile language...so, im going to just spend some time with you for awhile , unless you too get out of hand .

1. Heres the 3 BIG lies which youve bought into as i once did :

a. Suppression of the knowledge of God (personal theistic Creator) from what you can see , measure, and know (easily learn) from that which is around you .
b. Willful suppression of Ones moral conscience as indicated by the atheist construct of moral relativism for complete autonomous living.
c. Willful disregard for what is absolute truth (so relative truth can prevail).

These are the Big 3 that was slowly introduced into our now post modern era from when both our Nations placed God as priority. They have also become the major constructs of atheism/humanism and which are prevalent in our culture today. Virtually ALL popular philosophies today that exist in our culture fall into one or all of these categories. , including but not limited to : homosexuality, walk in abortion on demand due to casual sex gone further wrong, every form of crime , and every other societal vice.

2. If you reject Theism which is a personal/knowable/first source Creator as a worldview, then you still have to go with an affirmative position in something since we are here, the cosmos is here, the earth is here, and there is highly complex remarkable things on earth in addition to what makes us up . These things demand and beg for answers. Since you as an alleged atheist doesnt think a personal theistic Creator is required, then the only other alternative are non intelligent natural sources which you were not around to witness, cannot be repeated, and which rationally cannot be explained in the box of materialism and naturalism by science. Therefore, you believe in it, by faith, the same that i believe many things in this cosmos can only come from a personal theistic Creator which is a Person . Only your faith in JUST natural sources becomes very ludicrous when you start getting into Slime to Human Being accidental macro evolution, the extraordinary finetuning of our cosmos needed for earth to be here so we can be here by a non willful/ non intelligent source , and how our highly distinct personality triats came to be from materials (only) such as rocks, dirt, planets, gas and a huge explosion. Hundreds of atheistic Evolutionists even admit it is all believed on BY FAITH due to no evidence and even some admit that they'' just dont want a personal Creator having his foot in the door' (Prof. Lewontin, notable Evolutionist)

3. God has already shown himself thru bringing a Universe into existence from nothing with over 150 life enabling physics constants all interacting collaboratively which are scientifically proven and have been measured . God has shown himself thru the design of your human anatomy with 60 some major systems all working in great precision so you can enjoy life and hopefully consider him in a personal relationship , in addition to other examples of a personal Designer . Perhaps the trouble is, you dont WANT to see because youd rather be blinded (?) Perhaps God is too much of an infringement and an offense to your desired lifestyle autonomy (?) . Perhaps its always been a case of mankinds pride and rebellion to jettison God by making up excuses so as not to acknowledge him (?) . I think so and know so personally.

The obvious answer and the only solution, is, to turn from rejecting the very Creator of the Universe then to draw nearer to him by learning more about him so your chief ultimate purpose in life can be fulfilled and personally realized. Then meeting God face to face after your temporary body shell dies will be something to look forward to . To have God practice his justice on you when you could have had his love and mercy , will be eternal regret...something No One would want for even a few seconds. Dont make that mistake by staying in bondage to atheism and having a crowd rally around you in such a newsgroup as this. It wont be worth it.
Hmmmm, Ill try again. What is the difference between your claims of this theistic ccreator, and that crackpot Van danniken ( or whatever his name is) telling me my ancastors are space aliens who built pyramids etc etc?

If you believe there has to be a God creating everything in the first place then who created God? And if you can handle God being ever present , then why not the Universe itself being a self replicating and evolving entity that has no need for magic or superstition?

I don't make a choice to be atheist, as I would supporting a football team. I just happen to not see the wonderous "evidence" (hallucinations lol) that you do. God just doesn't make sense if you look at it without wishing it to be true. and where does God fit into a cyclic never ending big bang theory , or multiverses? These are just ideas, but ideas based upon mathematical calculation and also observable data, not scrolls written by goat herders thousands of years ago.

There may well be a God, he is just very good at making it seem there isn't one.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #1298
Ex Atheist

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
In the same way that the non-material images on your computer screen come from the material circuits and transistors on the motherboard.

Material circuits didnt construct themselves on the motherboard to perform a function, nor are the raw materials themselves capable of making decisions and having a will to accomplish a goal ; on your Computer was there any intelligent input/interaction required to make these raw materials operate to bring forth a desired outcome ... or were all the specific materials required tossed inside , shuffled up , and expected to work / decide / perform according to non-desire of No One ?

All desperate philosophies can be traced to one or more of the 3 BIG lies as follows :

a. Suppression of the knowledge of God (personal theistic Creator) from what you can see , measure, and know (easily learn) from that which is around you .
b. Willful suppression of Ones moral conscience as indicated by the atheist construct of moral relativism for complete autonomous living.
c. Willful disregard for what is absolute truth (so relative truth can prevail) .
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #1299
Ex Atheist

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Hmmmm, Ill try again. What is the difference between your claims of this theistic ccreator, and that crackpot Van danniken ( or whatever his name is) telling me my ancastors are space aliens who built pyramids etc etc?

If you believe there has to be a God creating everything in the first place then who created God? And if you can handle God being ever present , then why not the Universe itself being a self replicating and evolving entity that has no need for magic or superstition?

I don't make a choice to be atheist, as I would supporting a football team. I just happen to not see the wonderous "evidence" (hallucinations lol) that you do. God just doesn't make sense if you look at it without wishing it to be true. and where does God fit into a cyclic never ending big bang theory , or multiverses? These are just ideas, but ideas based upon mathematical calculation and also observable data, not scrolls written by goat herders thousands of years ago.

There may well be a God, he is just very good at making it seem there isn't one.
All your questions are answered in this site if you want to really examine them : http://www.thegodmovie.com/

You are aware of the evidences from design and engineering of the cosmos/solar system/earth/etc.. at least on a surface level which is enough to allow you to see its too complicated and intricate and complex for it to happen by chance for no reason. If your atheistic philosophy is correct , then tossing a stick of dynamite into a printing shop should (over a huge amount of time) produce a fully functioning Typewriter with built-in erase capabilities --- have you got this much faith in atheism ?

A personal theistic Creator doesnt require 'a creator for himself' because ONLY things which become finite need a creator/cause . The first cause of something finite (the Universe) has to be beyond finitism ... that is, INfinite . Its fully explained in the site i gave you above. BUT.....are you REALLY interested ???? Thats where the rubber meets the road because you see...extremely few proclaimed atheists want to examine something that has the capability of ruffling up their philosophical/lifestyle feathers. In other words, believing in incredulous lies coming in the form of gross impossibilities , supercedes the TRUTH . So...its fine positing all sorts of questions which has the appearance of genuine inquiry...but, unless you are willing to put that into ACTION by being totally unbiased without considering your own personal agenda ... then it becomes a form of willful self deception . These can be summed up in the 3 BIG lies people are willing to embrace , as follows :

c. Willful disregard for what is absolute truth (so relative truth can prevail).

To test whether you are a genuine seeker of the absolute truth, ask yourself this : Would I be WILLING to make the Creator of the Universe who is also my Creator ... the king of my life , or, would it even matter ? You see, we ALL have something we make our 'god' or king of our lives ... the great majority of people choose to make created things / created lifestyle philosophies their 'god' instead of the very Creator himself. Its not about 'religion'...its about personally getting to know and coming to love the Universes Creator . Pride and rebellion are the things which stand in the way if we let them. Be wise, and give God a chance with your life. YES...it will mean some discomfort, you are likely to be scorned by your current Peers, your own family may dishonor you, etc...but so what . Youll be recieved ty the only person who truly matters anyway. I hope you are willing to do so .
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #1300
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Instead of writing your incessant shite, why don't you cut & paste the story of your first guitar? - or do you think it's time for me to do that?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #1301
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
c. Willful disregard for what is absolute truth (so relative truth can prevail) .
Yes, it is lying to say that atheists do those things. That would be 3 BIG (not just big, but BIG) lies.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #1302
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You are aware of the evidences from design and engineering of the cosmos/solar system/earth/etc.. at least on a surface level which is enough to allow you to see its too complicated and intricate and complex for it to happen by chance for no reason.
No, I don't see that.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
If your atheistic philosophy is correct , then tossing a stick of dynamite into a printing shop should (over a huge amount of time) produce a fully functioning Typewriter with built-in erase capabilities --- have you got this much faith in atheism ?
My philosophy doesn't state this, this is what is known to rational people as a straw man fallacy.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
A personal theistic Creator doesnt require 'a creator for himself' because ONLY things which become finite need a creator/cause . The first cause of something finite (the Universe) has to be beyond finitism ... that is, INfinite . Its fully explained in the site i gave you above.
Oh, I'm sure the site you linked tried to explain it, but I'm sure like all other arguments that say that "everything that exists requires a cause... except this one thing", that I've seen, it failed also. I also just probably condensed what I'm sure was a lengthy and huge waste of time, down to one sentence without removing any relevant bits.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
BUT.....are you REALLY interested ???? Thats where the rubber meets the road because you see...extremely few proclaimed atheists want to examine something that has the capability of ruffling up their philosophical/lifestyle feathers.
No, because nothing can ruffle up my feathers. Unlike you, I'm not so childish to allow reality or insanity to upset me in any way.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
In other words, believing in incredulous lies coming in the form of gross impossibilities , supercedes the TRUTH . So...its fine positing all sorts of questions which has the appearance of genuine inquiry...but, unless you are willing to put that into ACTION by being totally unbiased without considering your own personal agenda ... then it becomes a form of willful self deception . These can be summed up in the 3 BIG lies people are willing to embrace , as follows :
You claiming that we're biased is like a lamprey fish calling a dolphin a parasite.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
It took you that long to lead up to that shit? Were you just so giddy with excitement for your big unveil that you didn't realize how small and limp dicked it was?

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
To test whether you are a genuine seeker of the absolute truth, ask yourself this : Would I be WILLING to make the Creator of the Universe who is also my Creator ... the king of my life , or, would it even matter ?
A genuine seeker of the truth tests whether what they accept as true is true, which requires empirical evidence, which you're lacking for your belief, which means you're not a genuine truth seeker.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
You see, we ALL have something we make our 'god' or king of our lives ... the great majority of people choose to make created things / created lifestyle philosophies their 'god' instead of the very Creator himself.
No, this is another baseless assumption. I don't have anything I make my god because I don't require it.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Its not about 'religion'...its about personally getting to know and coming to love the Universes Creator .
No, it's about becoming delusion which is why I reject it.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Pride and rebellion are the things which stand in the way if we let them.
Then let go of your pride and rebellion to reality, embrace the empirical method and become sane and rational.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Be wise, and give God a chance with your life.
Quit being insane and give logic and reason a chance.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
YES...it will mean some discomfort, you are likely to be scorned by your current Peers, your own family may dishonor you, etc...but so what .
YES... it will mean that you have to leave behind many childish and immature beliefs, become pestered by, insulted by and discriminated against by religious people, but so what? At least you'll know that what you accept as true is demonstrable, which will be more than you can say for those that believe that God blew his nose on some dirt and created Adam.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Youll be recieved ty the only person who truly matters anyway. I hope you are willing to do so .
You'll finally be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say, "I don't have all the answers, but that's ok, because the answers I do have I know are true."

Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #1303
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
All your questions are answered in this site if you want to really examine them : http://www.thegodmovie.com/

You are aware of the evidences from design and engineering of the cosmos/solar system/earth/etc.. at least on a surface level which is enough to allow you to see its too complicated and intricate and complex for it to happen by chance for no reason. If your atheistic philosophy is correct , then tossing a stick of dynamite into a printing shop should (over a huge amount of time) produce a fully functioning Typewriter with built-in erase capabilities --- have you got this much faith in atheism ?

A personal theistic Creator doesnt require 'a creator for himself' because ONLY things which become finite need a creator/cause . The first cause of something finite (the Universe) has to be beyond finitism ... that is, INfinite . Its fully explained in the site i gave you above. BUT.....are you REALLY interested ???? Thats where the rubber meets the road because you see...extremely few proclaimed atheists want to examine something that has the capability of ruffling up their philosophical/lifestyle feathers. In other words, believing in incredulous lies coming in the form of gross impossibilities , supercedes the TRUTH . So...its fine positing all sorts of questions which has the appearance of genuine inquiry...but, unless you are willing to put that into ACTION by being totally unbiased without considering your own personal agenda ... then it becomes a form of willful self deception . These can be summed up in the 3 BIG lies people are willing to embrace , as follows :

To test whether you are a genuine seeker of the absolute truth, ask yourself this : Would I be WILLING to make the Creator of the Universe who is also my Creator ... the king of my life , or, would it even matter ? You see, we ALL have something we make our 'god' or king of our lives ... the great majority of people choose to make created things / created lifestyle philosophies their 'god' instead of the very Creator himself. Its not about 'religion'...its about personally getting to know and coming to love the Universes Creator . Pride and rebellion are the things which stand in the way if we let them. Be wise, and give God a chance with your life. YES...it will mean some discomfort, you are likely to be scorned by your current Peers, your own family may dishonor you, etc...but so what . Youll be recieved ty the only person who truly matters anyway. I hope you are willing to do so .
This is a by-the-books sermon. It's not anything we have not read or heard before. However, this sermon does not answer what, exactly, your god is supposed to be? You claim it's a person. You need to be specific: Do you claim to have seen this person or had any concrete contact with this person you allege exists? Is it, indeed, a man? Does it have a penis and testicles? Why would it need them? If your magic man person does not have a penis and testicles, what makes it a man?

Tell us what you claim to know about it and how you claim to know it. That last part is very important. You reject the idea of rocks magically taking on sentience, because it's silly. Now convince me that a man creating a vast physical universe through magic is not as silly. That's your mission, should you choose to accept it.

I'm not interested in what you believe. Lots of different people believe a lot of different fanciful things. I'd like you to explain how you know what you claim to know. That is the only way to test the veracity of your claims.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 01-11-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #1304
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Material circuits didnt construct themselves
Relevance?

You didn't ask where the material came from. You asked how non-material comes from material.

Stay on-topic.

Non-material such as emotions, personality, and abstract thinking come from the material of the human brain in the same way that the non-material images on your computer come from the material circuits on the motherboard.

Quote:
All desperate philosophies can be traced to one or more of the 3 BIG lies as follows :

a. Judaism
b. Christianity
c. Islam
Yes, we already know that desperate philosophies can be traced to those three big lies.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #1305
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
No one has ever charted where an alleged hell is supposed to be...
You've obviously never been to Oklahoma.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote