Old 06-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #16
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
Sol

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

[*]Thou shalt not believe all that thou art told.

except for this commandment, obviously.
[*]Thou shalt not stone to death any believer.

unless your name is Stalin or Pol Pot in which case, go right ahead.
[*]Thou shalt educate thyself and thy fellow man about logic and science.

but ignore art, literature and other subjective ideas and beliefs.
[*]Thou shalt not forget all the atrocities and burnt sacrifices in the name of God.

but you should conveniently forget or downplay those done in the name of no God.

[*]Thou shalt seek only true knowledge.

as opposed to false knowledge?
[*]Thou shalt not have blind faith in anything or anyone.

except for scientific results that you once read about.

[*]Thou shalt live in peace with thy fellow man.

Amen. I read that in a text somewhere....
[*]Thou shalt do everything thou can to make this world a better place.

provided "a better place" lines up exactly with your own point of view
[*]Thou shalt oppose all kinds of hypocrisy in the name of religion.

but ignore any hypocrisy in the name of atheism, or even deny any such hypocrisy
[*]Thou shalt believe in thyself.

because obviously you are a reliable source.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
thomastwo wrote View Post
Some shit-stirring
Kinch the Sneeze wrote something else.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #21
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

"Thou shalt not make commandments" is obviously, and presumably intentionally, self-defeating.

Perhaps you should add a rider "unless you want to", or even just scrub the whole thing and say "Do whatever you want"?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It might have been a piss-take, but I do recall our heathen humour never was to your liking.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
Wright
New Member!

Quote:
thomastwo wrote View Post
[*]Thou shalt not believe all that thou art told.

except for this commandment, obviously.[*]Thou shalt not stone to death any believer.

unless your name is Stalin or Pol Pot in which case, go right ahead.[*]Thou shalt educate thyself and thy fellow man about logic and science.

but ignore art, literature and other subjective ideas and beliefs.[*]Thou shalt not forget all the atrocities and burnt sacrifices in the name of God.

but you should conveniently forget or downplay those done in the name of no God.
[*]Thou shalt seek only true knowledge.

as opposed to false knowledge?[*]Thou shalt not have blind faith in anything or anyone.

except for scientific results that you once read about.
[*]Thou shalt live in peace with thy fellow man.

Amen. I read that in a text somewhere....[*]Thou shalt do everything thou can to make this world a better place.

provided "a better place" lines up exactly with your own point of view[*]Thou shalt oppose all kinds of hypocrisy in the name of religion.

but ignore any hypocrisy in the name of atheism, or even deny any such hypocrisy[*]Thou shalt believe in thyself.

because obviously you are a reliable source.
Thomas or whatever, your post proves nothing other than your ignorance and stupidity. Let's see how.
Thou shalt not believe all that thou art told. It means you shouldn't believe anything that you hear, but you should rely on evidence.
Thou shalt not stone to death any believer. Atheists don't have a reputation for despising Christians and stoning them to death. It is the other way around. So, this commandment teaches atheists not to be intolerant like the Christians are.
Thou shalt educate thyself and thy fellow man about logic and science. I don't think anyone said that art and literature should be ignored. But they should not be taken literally. But you are always free to take stories like Harry Potter literally, if you wish.
Thou shalt seek only true knowledge. And ignore the garbage the Bible teaches.
Thou shalt not have blind faith in anything or anyone. Nothing means- Nothing. Not even scientists if they can't prove their theory.
Thou shalt live in peace with thy fellow man. Christians have a good reputation for NOT following this commandment.
Thou shalt do everything thou can to make this world a better place. And I believe the world will be a better place if there is no more violence or killing. My view may be wrong from an orthodox Christian's point of view, as they think that this world can't be a better place, unless everyone becomes Christian.
Thou shalt oppose all kinds of hypocrisy in the name of religion. Atheism is about denying the existence of God, Devil, Heaven, Hell and anything that can't be proven scientifically. So, there can be no hypocrisy in atheism. Atheism is the only ism that has no different versions. Unlike Christianity, that has hundreds of versions, and each of them keep arguing which one will go to hell and which one will not.
Thou shalt believe in thyself. And, not believe the lies of the Church or the lies the orthodox Christians try to force down your throat.

Keep these ten commandments you will be safe from the atrocities of the Christians. But unlike the Christian commandments, even if you don't keep these commandments, you are not going to hell, so it's completely up to you.

Check out my anti-Christian blog, to know more about hypocrisy and madness in orthodox Christianity. www.truthaboutdave.blogspot.in
Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
Eva
Super Moderator

interestingly, the christian presents commandments that have nothing to do with the "real" commandments of his religion....

hmmm.....

(it's a miracle!! i can post again!! my old computer, after being dead for three weeks, came back to life!!! maybe i should adore it....)

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #25
Wright
New Member!

Why do we have a Christian in an atheist forum in the first place? Don't these Christians know to mind their own business?
Atheists never join Christian forums to criticize them. In blogs, they may, but never in the forums. Yet, these shameless Christians are so intolerant that they will troll any atheist forum, any Muslim forum, any Hindu forum and so on.
How annoying.
A good way to prevent this annoyance is not to allow them on other forums.

Check out my anti-Christian blog, to know more about hypocrisy and madness in orthodox Christianity. www.truthaboutdave.blogspot.in
Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
Davin
Obsessed Member

YEAH! Let's keep these subhuman theists separate from teh rest of us! I'm easily annoyed, and they should not be allowed to annoy me! I mean all theists are stupid, retarded, child molesting, idiotic hypocrits right? Gimme an atheist high five, my brothers!

Or I could just stop being such an overdramatic, whiny little, insecure douche.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #27
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Wright wrote View Post
Hey steady there, I like the odd passing freak show even if I don't buy the snake oil.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
West491
Obsessed Member

I'm a proud member of the Atheist Master Race. I'm getting a Darwin Fish tatted on my right ass cheek. Pics to cum.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
psychodiva
I Live Here

Wright- have you read ANY of the threads here?? even just a tiny bit??

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Wright wrote View Post
Why do we have a Christian in an atheist forum in the first place? Don't these Christians know to mind their own business?
Atheists never join Christian forums to criticize them. In blogs, they may, but never in the forums. Yet, these shameless Christians are so intolerant that they will troll any atheist forum, any Muslim forum, any Hindu forum and so on.
How annoying.
I post here mainly for entertainment, and sometimes to test out an argument. You might prefer an echo chamber for your own ideas but I find opposition is more stimulating.

Of course, you can set up an atheists only forum, or ban me any time you like.