Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #1126
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Please provide evidence that a magic white man cast a spell that enables the universe and everything in it to function. Have you ever seen this magic white man or been to the magical place where he dwells?
No, but YOU know as I do that a design always requires a Designer ...and a Designer is always a personal Being. So...you either have to deny theres extraordinary design to the Cosmos/our solar system/earth/DNA , etc... or, you believe extraordinary design can come from blind random accidental processes given enough time . Which excuse is it ?
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #1127
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
False Witness wrote
...a design always requires a Designer ...
The Universe is not "a design."

Almost all of the Universe is empty and lifeless, without purpose. Almost every planet in the Universe is empty and lifeless, without purpose. In fact, the Earth and the life that exists on it are clearly freak accidents.

Quote:
False Witness wrote
you either have to deny theres extraordinary design to the Cosmos/our solar system/earth/DNA
I deny that these things had design.

Complexity is not design.

Quote:
False Witness wrote
extraordinary design can come from blind random accidental processes given enough time .
Perhaps design cannot, but complexity certainly can and does.

Or does your personal Designer hand-fashion every single individual snowflake, given how obviously complex they are?

Quote:
False Witness wrote
Explain how undirected time, matter, and chance provideds [sic] for the all the things Earth has in order for us to live on it .
In exactly the same way that undirected time, matter and chance resulted in the formation of Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Eris, and Messier 58. In exactly the same way that every other body in the universe that contains no life was formed by perfectly natural processes.

The Earth did not form "in order for us to live on it." The Earth simply formed out of the solar nebula. Much later, life developed on the Earth, and was itself formed by the particular conditions that existed on this planet in exactly the same way that a puddle forms itself into the particular contours of a pothole.

You realize, I'm sure, that Mars, and Jupiter, and Pluto's moon Charon also each have incredibly specific conditions that are, indeed, as particular as those of the Earth. The life that developed on Earth is in no way necessarily. Just as with every other planet in the Solar System, if the conditions hadn't been right, there wouldn't be life on Earth.

Quote:
False Witness wrote
Some [sic] me THE EVIDENCE !
The evidence for what? That the Earth formed, and that life developed on Earth?

You are alive on the Earth.

That is the evidence.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #1128
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Explain how undirected time, matter, and chance provideds for the all the things Earth has in order for us to live on it . Some me THE EVIDENCE ! If you dont know the things required, just ask and ill give you quite a few that all work in unison.
To call you a liar is to overlook your idiocy. If the truth were all around you you would stick your head up your own arse and claim "look, see, it's all a load of shit". Guess what mother fucker, the truth IS all around you, but you won't get it from a bunch of child raping hypocritical transvestites. The way of jesus is indistinguishable from the way of the butt plug, but one has to question the judgment of those who lick the plug clean and exclaim "hmm, this may a bit nutty, but I'm not!"

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #1129
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
No, but YOU know as I do that a design always requires a Designer ...and a Designer is always a personal Being. So...you either have to deny theres extraordinary design to the Cosmos/our solar system/earth/DNA , etc... or, you believe extraordinary design can come from blind random accidental processes given enough time . Which excuse is it ?
Do snowflakes have a design? If so, are they indivudually made by god? Is there any chance he could use a single design for the snoflakes for a while and use the time he saves (even though he lives outside of time) and do something more impressive? Maybe stopping kids from getting cancer or aids would be a good fucking start you shitsucking dadwanker.

Face it numbnuts. Alls you got is the fact that we don't know why there is something instead of nothing. Nobody knows why that is, and some people choose to believe that it's because some other not nothing thing made all the things that are, and by the way also he hates gays and has low self esteem (see commandments), despite being the creator of all things and therefore teh awesome, which makes him either crazy or retarded. No wonder you guys get along.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #1130
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Sorry....got kicked off of the Forum for a few days
Absolutely nothing to be even remotely sorry about whatsoever.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 12-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #1131
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
...dont just take my word for it. Take their word for it as fellow atheists. They REALLY believe in Satan and for good reason = hes REAL.
So, let me see if I understand your jizzbumble* here: It is evident that Satan is real because people who believe in him do so because he is real? Are you really so simple that you think this is an acceptable argument? Even a small child would regret wasting their time talking to you if that was all you had to offer.

*As you will obviously know, a jizzbumble is a bubble you blow out of your arsehole with the warm jizz that resides therein; it is so apt a metaphor for your position that one wonders if, in some abstracted space, you are not in fact physically identifiable with a series of such things: sticky balloons of arsejizz filled with hot rancid gas, spat out by a puckered chocolate starfish.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #1132
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
I am challenging you to present evidence of this magic white man who you claim is responsible for everything in existence

Even if I were to concede that the universe required a sentient creator with an intelligent purpose -- and I do not-- you still have not demonstrated that the alleged creator is your evil conception of a god. That is the issue here

Where is your evidence for the specific thing you are claiming as the supreme creator?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #1133
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Would this include the secular religion of Humanism (atheism) ?
Of course not since atheism is not a religion or a belief; it is a logically imposed position about one of the many infinities of things for which there is no evidence.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #1134
Ex Atheist

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
The Universe is not "a design."

Almost all of the Universe is empty and lifeless, without purpose. Almost every planet in the Universe is empty and lifeless, without purpose. In fact, the Earth and the life that exists on it are clearly freak accidents.

I deny that these things had design.

Complexity is not design.

Perhaps design cannot, but complexity certainly can and does.

Or does your personal Designer hand-fashion every single individual snowflake, given how obviously complex they are?

In exactly the same way that undirected time, matter and chance resulted in the formation of Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Eris, and Messier 58. In exactly the same way that every other body in the universe that contains no life was formed by perfectly natural processes.

The Earth did not form "in order for us to live on it." The Earth simply formed out of the solar nebula. Much later, life developed on the Earth, and was itself formed by the particular conditions that existed on this planet in exactly the same way that a puddle forms itself into the particular contours of a pothole.

You realize, I'm sure, that Mars, and Jupiter, and Pluto's moon Charon also each have incredibly specific conditions that are, indeed, as particular as those of the Earth. The life that developed on Earth is in no way necessarily. Just as with every other planet in the Solar System, if the conditions hadn't been right, there wouldn't be life on Earth.

The evidence for what? That the Earth formed, and that life developed on Earth?

You are alive on the Earth.

That is the evidence.
You are ignorant of the many comological Physics Constants which ALL must be present , working in unison, for earth to specifically be here . Its pointless dialoguing with people who dont know the scientific facts or who dont care to know them because they add to the credibility of special deliberate Creationism. The atheist excuse that it all just happened naturally or from non intelligent raw materials is only to help justify not wanting the Creator interferring with your life and lifestyle choices. It is the epitomie of pride, arrogance, and rebellion . What a waste of life that the Creator has given you . Its a shame that will forever be realized by you if you dont stop pretending . Let 2011 be the year that you stop idolizing madeup philosophies of man to suit your own convenience. Your life and eternity could be so drastically different.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #1135
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Let 2011 be the year that you stop idolizing madeup philosophies of man to suit your own convenience. Your life and eternity could be so drastically different.
Tell us what is so great about your life.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #1136
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Let 2011 be the year that you stop idolizing madeup philosophies of man to suit your own convenience. Your life and eternity could be so drastically different.
The self-pwning, it's priceless!

Much like the priest on Fox News who categorically tells people that having imaginary friends is bad.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #1137
Irreligious
I Live Here

The really sad part is that he does not seem to realize that all philosophies, including his, are, necessarily, man-made.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #1138
Jimble

Quote:
What a waste of life that the Creator has given you . Its a shame that will forever be realized by you if you dont stop pretending . Let 2011 be the year that you stop idolizing madeup philosophies of man to suit your own convenience. Your life and eternity could be so drastically different.
The life you have is short, beautiful, filled with opportunities of all kinds and you are incredibly lucky to even exist, given the number of ways your ancestors' genes could have been shuffled, you are a staggeringly rare being. To throw away your autonomy and freedom in the one chance you have at existence is simply tragic.
You are the arbiter of morality. You are the grandest creator we have evidence for. You and people like you are all we have to solve the many problems facing us.
Asking a stone age myth for help won't and has never helped. It often hinders.
Wake up and join the rest of us, for the sake of the species if not your own wasted life. Because when you die, you won't be able to think "oh, annihilation, darn it I was wrong"
You'll have just ran out of time, your race being run.
Use your precious time wisely.

You don't have the right not to be offended.
Jimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #1139
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Tell us what is so great about your life.
I used to be a self seeking Narcissist of many years that embraced atheism/humanism and who bought into the cultures mantra of sexual hedonism , going for the gusto in life, and doing virtually anything I felt like doing to satisfy the urges and impulses in an effort to find ultimate fulfillment , happiness, and joy. Everything I tried was short lived , destructive to myself and others, and essentially superficial . A g/f I had at the time started taking me to her families church and over the period of a year, I started to realize that life was more than just going on a personal feeding frenzy of joyseeking , material acquisition, prestige, fancy vacations, and the like . During this same time period, I heavily investigated the scientific evidences for our personal theistic Creator , for the Bible being the most accurate historical document in existence which gives eye witness evidence to the life, death, burial, and ressurection of Jesus Christ who claimed to be God in the flesh. I started reading books by popular notable Researchers/ Scientists / and Philosophers / and Law Professors such as Prof. Simon Greenleaf who is THE worlds foremost Law Professor in Court of Law Evidence techniques that put the New Testament to a stringent mock court trial as encouraged by his students...and based on the evidence became a Christian from an Agnostic. As I surrendered bit by bit my life to God and his control eventually leading me to become a dedicated Christian , I noticed my heart, will, emotions , desires taking a drastic turn toward the things of God , living righteously, caring and serving Others, and loosing my quest for self centered lifestyles. Like so many others testify, God reconstructed my life from the inside out. This is only part of what GOd gives to those who choose him over the worlds idea of living ...in addition, I have the assurance of knowing where im going after this brief earthly interlude , I have been reconciled to God thru what Christ has done and my sins are not counted against me (and there are many) , and the lure of sin (what our culture promotes for narcissism) doesnt have any power over me. My life is filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness , goodness and physical death for me will be a welcomed graduation day because there is no unknown when death comes knocking -- Christ conquered that too on the cross for me (and you) .

That is how my life has changed.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #1140
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Sweet leprechauns! Is Extra Stupid still trying to get everybody to smell his finger? Shouldn't he be busy shining up his jingle bells and sugaring up his sugar plums, and doing all of the other things good little dolts should be doing to get ready for Santa?

Santa IS real, you know? You atheists with your unscientific atheist belief system can't understand.
If Santa is not real, please explain why, outside of my window, "on the breast[sic] of the new-fallen snow", there is so much invisible reindeer dung. That should be enough evidence of Santa for you and for X-tra Stupid.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote